Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How to handle tardiness of employees

Coming in late for work is a bad habit that is prevalent in our culture. Worse, we have the term "Filipino Time" to mean you are late because you are a Filipino. But in business the workers should be on time for the work schedule otherwise it can affect the efficiency of the process or procedure. In big companies having 3 times tardy can be a ground for suspension and more than 7 times late for work in a month calls for automatic suspension. If you are a manager what is your viewpoint on the tardiness of an employee, are you considerate because they live far or is that no reason to come in late for work?

Well, being late for work is seen as a major offence and I can understand why this is the case. Being late at work can affect the productivity and this might cause some loss to the company. i guess you should discuss this problem with the employee individually,.

Advertisement Placeholder
It was very wrong for any employee to becoming to work late is very bad for one to avoid coming to work late, you must live nearly to the place.

Lateness or any sort of indiscipline is not to be condoned. as a manager, any employee who is late thrice (beyond 15 mins after resumption time) will have part of his salary deducted. This is why it is okay to employ those who reside close to the location of work so as to prevent such lateness and for effectiveness at workplace.

Coming in late for work is a bad habit that is prevalent in our culture. Worse, we have the term "Filipino Time" to mean you are late because you are a Filipino. But in business the workers should be on time for the work schedule otherwise it can affect the efficiency of the process or procedure. In big companies having 3 times tardy can be a ground for suspension and more than 7 times late for work in a month calls for automatic suspension. If you are a manager what is your viewpoint on the tardiness of an employee, are you considerate because they live far or is that no reason to come in late for work?
If I am to consider one's tardiness because of far distance, then I would have to consider every other person's excuse. Personally, I make small deductions from staff wages whenever they are late to work.

Concerning how to deal with employee tardiness. Well, I feel that any firm or organization should not tolerate any type of employee tardiness, as time is money, as the common saying goes. There should be a time limit that staff should not surpass.

Even though it is not good to go to work late, but as humans, at times there are circumstances beyond our control that can cause one to go to work late. If it is in the area of distance, then I would advise my workers to try and relocate to a nearby place to business premises. And if the said worker just has it as habit to be coming to work late, then I will give warnings, and if not adhered to, I think the next thing is to suspend him or her.

You have to discuss your inconveniences with them and make them to understand the reason why you will not accept it... I did not really have time ,if you are not ready to change then I can easily replace you with someone who will be willing to work responsibly.

No employer should condone late coming as this bad habit can hinder the performances of the employee and organization, though, sometimes, late coming in some rare cases can be inevitable, as for me, any employee that exceeds coming late thrice within the month should face a sanction, whether salary deductions or few days suspension and more, some employers also go the extra mile by providing accommodation to those who live afar.
that's true.employees should not condone the habit of late coming.even though some of them might be coming from a far location. but they need to be coming early to work.

Coming to the work late is not good you find out why the employee use to come to work late, if actually the person lives far you can tell the person to live closer to work place, so to avoid coming to the work late.

I believe before an employee is employed, the do's and dont's of the business is spelt out. If an employer notices tardiness of an employee, he/she should be pardoned at first, then after that punishment like deduction of salaries can be used. If it becomes an habit then the employee should be sacked.

Anyone accepting a job should be ready for the stress and the sacrifice attached to the job. You can't use your location as an excuse for your lateness since others might take it up if being bias.

If I am a manager I will make sure I do not allow any worker come late to work and I will try to avoid employing people who are from far distance

It is the responsibility of the manager to check them and makes sure every employees in the business organisation are discipline to be early to work, if they are not it is also the responsibility of the managers to check them and givey punishment ,this may include reduction of salary and sometimes suspension.

If I am to consider one's tardiness because of far distance, then I would have to consider every other person's excuse. Personally, I make small deductions from staff wages whenever they are late to work.
I do not have a staff for now.
But if i noticed tardiness amongst my staff, i would address the issue as soon as possible.
In the case of lateness, it is okay to make deductions on their salaries.

I always like working environment that have rules and regulation. I am always going to set rules that anyone who comes late for work is going to be fined a particular amount and I think that is going to solve the problem.

I think reward and fine system helps to improve workers efficiency. Reward employees who are good and fine employees who are bad performers.
Personally I'd believe that division of labour is one of the best ways that you can actually help to reduce tiredness of your workers as each person will have a specific job that is assigned to the employee.

You first of all find out the reason why the employee is acting unprofessional, give him or her warning. And be sure to exert punishment if the situation persist

Well if it becomes a regular thing then I will be sure to punish the person and try to maybe reduce their salary and in that way they will be more committed to work and they will know that I didn't come to play

Some people have the habit of coming in late not only for work or for school but for any personal appointment. Maybe it is in their system that they feel so important. That is my take when someone comes in late. He is not ashamed to waste the time of other people.

One of the effective ways to reduce tiredness is to always organise a eat out for the employees once in a while and always ensure that you allow your staffs to change positions more often.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds