Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Is coming in late for work a ground for suspension?

When a staff comes late to work often, it will affect the smooth running of the business. The right thing is to issue warning and if the staff do not adhere to the warning instructions, there are no two ways, the best option is expulsion

Advertisement Placeholder
Punctuality is the sole of business. As an employer of labour, I have zero tolerance for lateness to work. I would suspend an employee for late coming only when it becomes a regular occurrence. Before that I would place the employee on probation.
Well you are actually very correct that controls it is the soul of a business and for business to grow the owner and the employees of that business must be able to nurture the habit of always being punctual to the business and as for any employee that has a bad habit of coming late to work should be sacked to serve as a deterrent to other employees there.

When a staff comes late to work often, it will affect the smooth running of the business. The right thing is to issue warning and if the staff do not adhere to the warning instructions, there are no two ways, the best option is expulsion

I believe that a worker who comes late consistently should not be fired. He should first be given warning several times and if he continues to come late, then he should be fined. He or she should only be fired as a last resort. I think firing a person is an emotional decision to take and I think we should be lenient about this.

I believe that a worker who comes late consistently should not be fired. He should first be given warning several times and if he continues to come late, then he should be fined. He or she should only be fired as a last resort. I think firing a person is an emotional decision to take and I think we should be lenient about this.
Yeah , it is emotional decision to make but most times we may have no other option than to fire the person die to the fact that his actions is affecting our business.

Coming in late for work doesn't tell well of an employee. Suspending an employee based on lateness to work is not a gross thing to do most especially when such a person has been severally warned about his or her lateness to work. It will make other employees take punctuality as an important part of their job.

Coming in late for work doesn't tell well of an employee. Suspending an employee based on lateness to work is not a gross thing to do most especially when such a person has been severally warned about his or her lateness to work. It will make other employees take punctuality as an important part of their job.

I used to work for a company that used to make you stand at a corner of the office for coming late and it was an embarrassing situation for many people. I felt like the late comers were being humiliated by the management. They used to make people stand at a corner even if a person comes late for the first time. I believe this is wrong.

I used to work for a company that used to make you stand at a corner of the office for coming late and it was an embarrassing situation for many people. I felt like the late comers were being humiliated by the management. They used to make people stand at a corner even if a person comes late for the first time. I believe this is wrong.
The situation you just cited is embarrassing and it will make such employee less productive that day at work. It could even make the employee take up late coming as an habit once such employee gets used to 'standing in the corner'. I believe a better punishment should meted out rather than that.

If an employee is consistently late, it's not the fault of the company for giving the person a suspension.

The same way some employees are awarded for punctuality, tardiness should be punished.
To a serious-minded enterpreneur, coming late to work by workers can lead to suspension our ever one has to first give warning and query to the employee before he or she suspend them from work however we know that punctuality is the soul of every business

I believe you should try as much as possible to keep to the time you are asked to be at work because this will prove if you really serious or not, if you are not able to keep to the time I think suspension is really necessary.

If the workers have been warned severally. And if the excuse he's given is not tenenable. Then there should be sanction because his action can cause lack of progress to the business.

If the workers have been warned severally. And if the excuse he's given is not tenenable. Then there should be sanction because his action can cause lack of progress to the business.
I definitely agree with your comment. After several warning that he has been given, and still comes late, he must be suspended. He should be given a lesson not to be late anymore.

The situation you just cited is embarrassing and it will make such employee less productive that day at work. It could even make the employee take up late coming as an habit once such employee gets used to 'standing in the corner'. I believe a better punishment should meted out rather than that.

The company which I used to work for always demanded more and more. Not every day an employee can perform well. If an employee used to perform well at some day, they used to praise him, but if the same employee performed poorly the other day, they used to insult him. It was unprofessional behavior from their side and this was the reason why I left that company.

Of course going to work late is an offence that can attract suspension and I have witnessed such situation before where someone was suspended from her duty after several warnings from the head of the department she was working for. This will make her and even others to sit up. That is just my opinion.

Its not a yardstick for an employee to constantly turn up late at work, i can't tolerate that for my own business initiative. Everyone must be punctual in nature.

No
I believe you should try as much as possible to keep to the time you are asked to be at work because this will prove if you really serious or not, if you are not able to keep to the time I think suspension is really necessary.

No matter how good I'm to you as my staff, once you start coming to work late without any notice, I'm definitely not going to take it lightly with you because it's my business that will suffer.

No

No matter how good I'm to you as my staff, once you start coming to work late without any notice, I'm definitely not going to take it lightly with you because it's my business that will suffer.
Please you have to take it lightly with someone that have impacted positively in your company, if it happened all of a sudden there must be a reason for that and you really need to find out before you take any further action.

Ofcourse , employees should be punctual at work but this doesn't mean that when an employee mistakenly comes late to work for the first time , the employer should understand him and pardon him .

Though, punctuality is said to be the soul of a business. Being time conscious is very very important in a business. If an.employee is coming late to work, he can be warned but it shouldn't be regular,else such should be fired

Being late to work once a month Is acceptable but when it becomes am habit that’s is when it’s a ground for suspension Because the employee has a job to do and Being late can risk the company

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds