Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

💬 Platform Discussion Invision Community v5 (1 Viewer)

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.
Well the same customization possible. A bit like we have on AJ.

• Widget Placement: Allow users to place widgets and content blocks in the footer area, similar to how they can customize the header.
  • Footer Layouts: Provide pre-designed footer layouts or templates that users can choose from to quickly and easily structure their footers.
  • Custom HTML/CSS: Grant the ability to add custom HTML and CSS to the footer, enabling more advanced users to implement unique designs and features.
  • Social Media Integration: Integrate options to add social media icons and links directly in the footer, helping websites connect with their audience on various platforms.
  • Footer Menus: Offer the ability to create custom menus in the footer, which can be particularly useful for sites with extensive content.
  • Footer Copyright and Information: Enable easy customization of copyright text, privacy policies, and other legal information often found in the footer.
I believe that implementing these footer customization options would not only add tremendous value to Invision Community v5 but also set it apart from other platforms in terms of design flexibility. It would make the platform even more appealing to a wide range of users, from small communities to larger enterprises.
Exactly what I was going to say!

Advanced Foote
Yea, a great app.

Yea, a great app.
paid themes comes with there own footer in advance

paid themes comes with there own footer in advance
While that may be true. It would be beneficial for everyone if IC could already integrate this as the customizable header. Would be much easier for theme designers. And I think we’ll also see a decline in custom/premade theme sales due the customizable premade theme on IC.

So, the more features it has, the more possibilities it can make, and serve more clients who don’t care for buying themes from 3rd party sellers. Which I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) is the majority of the user base.

While that may be true. It would be beneficial for everyone if IC could already integrate this as the customizable header. Would be much easier for theme designers. And I think we’ll also see a decline in custom/premade theme sales due the customizable premade theme on IC.

So, the more features it has, the more possibilities it can make, and serve more clients who don’t care for buying themes from 3rd party sellers. Which I believe (correct me if I’m wrong) is the majority of the user base.
Good point but IPB never had that, I have not seen them add footer to the default theme lol

So why now ;P

I mean I have seen third-party devs work on the default theme to add footers but they had to do it from nothing and up whereas if IPB added a footer into the system as default it would make life easy.

• Helpful Feature
  • Helpful Voting
  • Community Expert

What do you think everyone? Helpful feature is pretty wild. :D

Yeah, I just saw that while looking for the dev mode pack lol really interesting! I think things like that would be essential for a community like AJ so the question is Have you thought about converting to invision board when 5 comes out?

Yeah, I just saw that while looking for the dev mode pack lol really interesting! I think things like that would be essential for a community like AJ so the question is Have you thought about converting to invision board when 5 comes out?
Ha. Have I considered it? Most definitely. I would be lying if I said I didn't think about it. But it isn't an easy decision. What I would like to know is that we won't lose any of our active members due this move. There are some features that's only on XenForo, but there's some really interesting and next generation features exclusive on Invision Community. So it would take some careful research before making the decision.

Ha. Have I considered it? Most definitely. I would be lying if I said I didn't think about it. But it isn't an easy decision. What I would like to know is that we won't lose any of our active members due this move. There are some features that's only on XenForo, but there's some really interesting and next generation features exclusive on Invision Community. So it would take some careful research before making the decision.
Oh I agree, it is a hard choice. I used Ikonboard for a bit till a friend of mine told me about Invision Board. back then it wasn't that hard of a choice. Because I had maybe 3 members at the time. so I made the switch and haven't looked back since. IC has never failed to keep up with the times. integrating things most communities *coughvbulletincough* took forever to do! Matt and the team over at IC have done a great job!

Oh I agree, it is a hard choice. I used Ikonboard for a bit till a friend of mine told me about Invision Board. back then it wasn't that hard of a choice. Because I had maybe 3 members at the time. so I made the switch and haven't looked back since. IC has never failed to keep up with the times. integrating things most communities *coughvbulletincough* took forever to do! Matt and the team over at IC have done a great job!
Definitely agree with you there. I have always had my preference for IC ever since I started using it 20 years ago when I first stumbled upon InvisionFree. But yeah, we'll see how it goes. :)

Do you have any examples?

I can think of one the Credits plugin Cedric is using here. There's a comparable plugin for IC4 by Adriano called MembersShop, but it might be in jeopardy of not making it to IC5 because it relies on several Hooks.
Yes, I’m mainly talking about 3rd party add ons. Credits, forms, top poster advertisement, advertisement manager, etc. Are a couple I’d hate to lose. Like I said to Charles, it’s not an easy migration for us. As much as I would like to. We rely too much on these 3rd party add ons.

Do you have any examples?
I know there are several that keep me from it.
Did IPS ever get custom fields for gallery and forum use (The Gain, Offset and other items listed with the orange text)?

Gallery
Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 4.25.21 PM.jpg

Forum
Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 4.30.28 PM.png

Or admin definable prefixes that can be used in set areas?

Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 4.32.22 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 4.31.59 PM.png

And those are just the built in stuff... never mind the 3rd party add-ons in use.

I know there are several that keep me from it.
Did IPS ever get custom fields for gallery and forum use (The Gain, Offset and other items listed with the orange text)?

Gallery
View attachment 2565

Forum
View attachment 2566

Or admin definable prefixes that can be used in set areas?

View attachment 2567
View attachment 2568

And those are just the built in stuff... never mind the 3rd party add-ons in use.
As for your question not yet but Im pretty sure if you wanted something like that I am sure there is a dev that could do it for you.

Yes, I’m mainly talking about 3rd party add ons. Credits, forms, top poster advertisement, advertisement manager, etc. Are a couple I’d hate to lose. Like I said to Charles, it’s not an easy migration for us. As much as I would like to. We rely too much on these 3rd party add ons.
it dose have advertisements by Default

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-28 184157.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 184157.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-10-28 184248.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 184248.png
    136 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2023-10-28 184259.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-28 184259.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 2
As for your question not yet but Im pretty sure if you wanted something like that I am sure there is a dev that could do it for you.

it dose have advertisements by Default
I know, but it isn't so extended as Siropu's Ad Manager.

Pretty much all things can be done by extensions.... but we are talking "core" to the script.
Where does "you have to hire an outside developer to get that" encourage me to move from a script that currently gives me that and meets my current needs?

Invision Community has rolled out an exciting update, and I'm eager to hear your perspective. The update focuses on recognizing community experts in a smarter way, moving beyond the traditional post count and join date criteria.

I want to know:

1. How do you feel about this fresh approach to identifying experts?
  2. Do you think this will enhance the overall experience for your community members?
  3. Are there specific metrics you find most valuable for pinpointing experts in your niche?
Share your insights, opinions, and any experiences you've had with the new Invision Community 5 update in the comments below. Your input is invaluable, and your fellow Admin Junkies would love to hear what you think! :D

Related post:

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 19 79.2%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor