Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

• Admin Junkies is proud to announce 📣 an awesome ☀️ summer special on ✍️ Content Bundles for YOUR forums! Kickstart your discussions with a Content Bundle. For the entire month of June, use the promo code AJSUMMER 🎉 to receive 50% 🎁 off your content bundle. For example, a package that normally only costs 100 Credits will only cost 50 💰 credits. Full news here.

Invision Community Marketplace Closure

Advertisement Placeholder
I was told yearly was cheaper ;P and so I went with yearly
Yeah it's only like a $40 difference I think?

But currently, the 500 is way out of the question for the first year. So it looks like I will never be able to use it.

Since I only make about 25 a month off of my streams. The 20 per month plan barely covers that

That's the deal that they giving to all clients.

Plus I was not even getting blogs, I was paying like 340 a year
Due to them not offering a monthly option from the get-go, I will not be using IPS ever, most likely. As someone who doesn't have a job (can't hold a standard 9-5 job), I get very little to live off of due to disability and their insane 500 initial charge is a full months income with nothing left.

If they let the 20/mo start at month 0, I would consider it. But not now since they won't do that.

Due to them not offering a monthly option from the get-go, I will not be using IPS ever, most likely. As someone who doesn't have a job (can't hold a standard 9-5 job), I get very little to live off of due to disability and their insane 500 initial charge is a full months income with nothing left.

If they let the 20/mo start at month 0, I would consider it. But not now since they won't do that.
IPS is a great service, but if you can't afford it that's fine. There's other alternatives, you have to go with the one that fits your budget and needs at the end of the day.

I hope you take this with the goodwill that it's intended.

If you receive only $500 per month to live, then between a paid forum of ANY sort or preserving your monthly income for things like food, shelter, transportation, and medication, choose the food. Choose shelter. Choose transportation. Choose healthcare. Every time.

You should not be investigating paid forums at all. Even the cheapest paid forum has hidden costs. Domains, themes, mods, hosting are all necessary costs. Those costs only go up over time.

Open a Facebook group. Open a Discord chat. There are now more great free options than ever before to connect with users, so you can still build a great community. Paid self hosted forums are a legacy play or an enterprise play at this point. You need hobby money or business money.

I hope you take this with the goodwill that it's intended.

If you receive only $500 per month to live, then between a paid forum of ANY sort or preserving your monthly income for things like food, shelter, transportation, and medication, choose the food. Choose shelter. Choose transportation. Choose healthcare. Every time.

You should not be investigating paid forums at all. Even the cheapest paid forum has hidden costs. Domains, themes, mods, hosting are all necessary costs. Those costs only go up over time.

Open a Facebook group. Open a Discord chat. There are now more great free options than ever before to connect with users, so you can still build a great community. Paid self hosted forums are a legacy play or an enterprise play at this point. You need hobby money or business money.
Don't have to worry about hosting at all. Friends giving me free hosting on their VPS. Domains are like 9.5/yr with cloudflare. Using the built-in XF theme (with an expired license) but heavily customized with custom colors and a background otherwise vanilla style. Same with addons, using the last version I had access too.

I do prefer IPS cause of the page builder mostly. Since XF does not have a high-end visual page builder, which I feel they really should introduce a first-party page builder system.

You seem to feel that it just can't be as good as paid for software.
Just as an aside here... last time I checked... Ubuntu 22.04 LTS was open source software.
Windows is a paid software.
Guess which supports the Intel AX201 WiFi 6 chipset in a BeeLink U59 with the W11 N5105 Jasper Lake chipset and which one doesn't? If you guess the "paid" software does... you win the kewpie doll. If you further guessed that I had to waste several hours figuring this out, then had to go out and buy the "oldest" USB WiFi adapter that our "big box" store had in stock and then found that Ubuntu 22.04 LTS did not have native support for that RealTec chipset (that has been out for at least a year) and I had to manually compile a driver... you get a bonus kewpie doll.
So ya.... I have some basis on why I believe that paid software(s) exceed what most free/open source software(s) offer. This is pretty much standard across the board... and yes, there can be an occasional outlier... but those are as rare as a giraffe being born without spots.

Don't find it unusual when you have "rah-rah" bois singing praise and failing to comment on weaknesses/failures (and yes, I'll put XF right in there also)... someone needs to be the voice of reason. I don't have ANY issue with IPS.. it's a great script. Their business practices are what I have issue with... and yes, I will GLADLY warn folks about it when I start seeing the pom-poms and bull horns being brought out.

Last edited:
I wonder if I should be worried.
Sacha Baron Cohen Yes GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Just as an aside here... last time I checked... Ubuntu 22.04 LTS was open source software.
Windows is a paid software.
Guess which supports the Intel AX201 WiFi 6 chipset in a BeeLink U59 with the W11 N5105 Jasper Lake chipset and which one doesn't? If you guess the "paid" software does... you win the kewpie doll. If you further guessed that I had to waste several hours figuring this out, then had to go out and buy the "oldest" USB WiFi adapter that our "big box" store had in stock and then found that Ubuntu 22.04 LTS did not have native support for that RealTec chipset (that has been out for at least a year) and I had to manually compile a driver... you get a bonus kewpie doll.
So ya.... I have some basis on why I believe that paid software(s) exceed what most free/open source software(s) offer. This is pretty much standard across the board... and yes, there can be an occasional outlier... but those are as rare as a giraffe being born without spots.

Don't find it unusual when you have "rah-rah" bois singing praise and failing to comment on weaknesses/failures (and yes, I'll put XF right in there also)... someone needs to be the voice of reason. I don't have ANY issue with IPS.. it's a great script. Their business practices are what I have issue with... and yes, I will GLADLY warn folks about it when I start seeing the pom-poms and bull horns being brought out.
Out of everything that I typed you wanna just ramble more about open source software. You infact ramble over an issue that isn't necessarily the fault of the Open Source OS but more of the hardware manufacturer not supporting the OS. Which to be fair is their right to decide which OS they support. Then you go into saying the same stuff that you have already said. People hear you.... people can still have their own opinions and make their own decisions. Sometimes you just gotta deal with that. You've said how you feel, people acknowledge that, now you should be able to move forward. Which is the main point that I myself and others were trying to make.

Out of everything that I typed you wanna just ramble more about open source software. You infact ramble over an issue that isn't necessarily the fault of the Open Source OS but more of the hardware manufacturer not supporting the OS. Which to be fair is their right to decide which OS they support. Then you go into saying the same stuff that you have already said. People hear you.... people can still have their own opinions and make their own decisions. Sometimes you just gotta deal with that. You've said how you feel, people acknowledge that, now you should be able to move forward. Which is the main point that I myself and others were trying to make.
No, but it WAS an aside that simply "proved" a point that you were trying to dismiss... but leave it to you to not apparently be able to recognize that simple fact.
That's why it was stated "As an aside".
Guess what.. it's not the hardware manufacturers job to make the drivers... but even if it WAS, isn't it rather funny that those PAID operating systems HAVE the drivers.. but the free shit doesn't? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.... and wonder why that is. Then take that a step further and correlate paid forum scripts vs free forum scripts and what they offer compared to each other.
As soon as they lay down the pom-poms, take off their mini skirts and kick the bull-horns of RAH-RAH to the side... I might think about it. There's no difference between an IPS fan boi and an IPS fan boi.... they refuse to see reality, only wanting to see what supports their position. It's an affliction that is impacting a lot of society currently. Dismiss history.. because that's in the past.. never mind that it's been a repetitive behavior... SURELY they will be different now.

Last edited:
No, but it WAS an aside that simply "proved" a point that you were trying to dismiss... but leave it to you to not apparently be able to recognize that simple fact.
That's why it was stated "As an aside".
Guess what.. it's not the hardware manufacturers job to make the drivers... but isn't it rather funny that those PAID operating systems HAVE the drivers.. but the free shit doesn't? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.... and wonder why that is.
As soon as they lay down the pom-poms, take off their mini skirts and kick the bull-horns of RAH-RAH to the side... I might think about it.
Yes it is the manufacturer who makes the Physical Device Driver. It is the operating system that makes the Logical Device Driver. So if a manufacturer writes a closed source driver and doesn't wanna give access to anyone but Microsoft... The open source community has to reverse engineer to make the device work with things like Linux. And yet again here you go not getting the point that is being made. Instead you are spewing incorrect information and proving my point that you do not know when to simply move on.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Who read this thread (Total readers: 0)
No registered users viewing this thread.

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 22 81.5%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds