Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

đź’¬ Platform Discussion Invision Community v5

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.
Well, the first sentence of it seems to explain the problem clearly enough.

We had a pretty significant DDoS over Christmas. 4.5m requests a minute at one point. Our WAF needed some tweaking. It has since been tweaked. It only affected our own community.

We had a pretty significant DDoS over Christmas. 4.5m requests a minute at one point. Our WAF needed some tweaking. It has since been tweaked. It only affected our own community.
Glad to see it resolved.

And hallelujah for Cloudflare. ;)

When can i expect it to be normal, As I can't access the client area or community.

Ty

A few days ago Invision Community's own site would return "This community is currently unavailable. Try again later". But it was only for one evening. I've been able to continue visiting daily since then without any hiccups.

Ochhhh, that's big, glad we're back and better block on it so that it doesn't happen again... Ish

It's a feature that the vocal-but-uninformed tend to whine 'well it could be done self-hosted on a VPS'... and it probably *could* but it's simply not worth IPS's time trying to build it in a way that's viable to support in such a feature, a conveniently overlooked point.

Haven't seen any recent updates I hope everything is going good
It has indeed been silent on their end. Community Hive’s been popping numerous server errors too and I have the impression it’s being neglected.

Just to ease your minds, I don’t think there’s been a single day this year where the Invision Community repo hasn’t been loaded on my system. A bunch of us are working hard on revamping Pages and Widgets while others are working on final stability changes before we can launch an alpha version.

From my end, a lot of UI updates have been pushed this year to make things more polished, but those changes aren’t quite significant enough to warrant a whole new video or blog. We have actually implemented a couple of new, unannounced features since our last blog, but the announcement videos can take 2-4 days to create so we’ll likely resort to another blog announcement for those at some point.

We’ll be excited to post an update about Pages and Widgets once we’re ready. But it’s a significant update which requires a lot of work from multiple developers, so it’s not something we can rush unfortunately. It’ll be well worth the wait :)

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor