Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

💬 Platform Discussion ACP Guides for XenForo, IC and Woltlab

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.

Cedric

Captain Junkie
Administrator
Credits
In the coming months, I'll be working on creating comprehensive guides and documentation for the Admin Control Panels (ACP) of Invision Community, Woltlab, and XenForo. These guides aim to provide a valuable resource for administrators and moderators, helping them effectively manage and optimize their online communities.

Before I start on this what will probably be a bit overwhelming project, I'd like to ensure that the guides are made to your needs and expectations. I kindly request your assistance by sharing your thoughts on the following questions:

1. What specific topics or features within the Admin Control Panel would you like to see covered in these guides?
  2. Are there any common challenges or issues you encounter while using the ACP that you'd like to see addressed?
  3. What level of detail would you prefer in the guides? Should they include step-by-step instructions, tips and tricks, or best practices?
  4. Are there any particular use cases or scenarios you'd like the guides to focus on? For example, managing user permissions, customizing themes, or optimizing performance.
  5. Do you have any suggestions for the format or structure of the guides that would make them more user-friendly and accessible?
  6. Are there any additional resources, such as video tutorials or interactive demos, that you believe would complement the written guides effectively?
Your input will play a crucial role in shaping the content and direction of these guides, ensuring that they meet your needs and expectations. I'm committed to creating comprehensive, user-friendly resources that empower you to make the most of your online community platforms.

Another thing to mention is that I'm not sure yet where I'll release these documentations. It's possible I'll use a WordPress blog for them or perhaps write them as an eBook.

Please feel free to reply to this message or reach out to me directly with your thoughts and suggestions. Your insights will help make these guides a valuable asset for administrators and moderators within the XenForo, Woltlab and Invision Community communities.

In advance for your contribution, I thank you. :D

1. What specific topics or features within the Admin Control Panel would you like to see covered in these guides?
  2. Are there any common challenges or issues you encounter while using the ACP that you'd like to see addressed?
  3. What level of detail would you prefer in the guides? Should they include step-by-step instructions, tips and tricks, or best practices?
  4. Are there any particular use cases or scenarios you'd like the guides to focus on? For example, managing user permissions, customizing themes, or optimizing performance.
  5. Do you have any suggestions for the format or structure of the guides that would make them more user-friendly and accessible?
  6. Are there any additional resources, such as video tutorials or interactive demos, that you believe would complement the written guides effectively?
1. First day - beginning a forum. What are some important things to set up?
- Member usergroups
- Forum categories/sub forums
- applying themes
- Notices

^ Those are the things that I think of that I think a step by step instruction would be helpful for the newer admin.

Tips and Tricks after that would be great and of course best practices.
5. I think of the old graphic tutorials and envision that, but that may not be the best case scenario. To be more user friendly I can see us using the Admin Junkies Site and making a tutorial section there. Not only does it apply more resources for our site, but also can be connected to our community.

6. I see video tutorials being helpful in the (many multistep processes) such as usergroups and etc, that or of course a demo. Anything with too many steps perhaps should be a video/interactive demo.

Definitely something around permissions. This is routinely a pain point.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor