Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

đź’¬ Platform Discussion Invision Community v5

Dedicated to updates, news, and discussions related to the community software platform like Invision Community, WoltLab, XenForo, and others. This helps us in organizing and centralizing all relevant information in one thread.
We have weekly blogs planned though the new year so lots more to show.
Katy Perry Wow GIF

Apparently there is a new theme designer for Invision Community. Well, not new but came back after a long pause. He's already known on XenForo for a couple of themes, one of which is already converted and released for Invision Community:

1699522811256.png

And another one coming soon:

Will be interesting to follow some development from IPSTheme. :)

More updates, Nice to see. I hope that the day when it's time to upgrade it goes well and does not mess up :p then again like anything else, I wait till all devs catch up with their addons before moving over :) ;)

Seems it be awhile yet however being said 2024 is not that far away and would of expected to see an alpha/beta testing coming up in 2024

More updates, Nice to see. I hope that the day when it's time to upgrade it goes well and does not mess up :p then again like anything else, I wait till all devs catch up with their addons before moving over :) ;)

Seems it be awhile yet however being said 2024 is not that far away and would of expected to see an alpha/beta testing coming up in 2024
Usually with a major release, mainly the theme, and add-ons that are affected. so your strategy of waiting for devs to catch up might be a good one. Although if memory serves me correctly devs and those brave enough to test out the new software. Get their hands on the betas and release candidates to get a head start on redoing add-ons and themes, or just to play around with the software.

Usually with a major release, mainly the theme, and add-ons that are affected. so your strategy of waiting for devs to catch up might be a good one. Although if memory serves me correctly devs and those brave enough to test out the new software. Get their hands on the betas and release candidates to get a head start on redoing add-ons and themes, or just to play around with the software.
It's true that those that get it early can start on it right away but the full release tends to give them full access. It depends really.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share the latest scoop on Invision Community 5, which looks like it's going to be awesome! They've recently highlighted some standout features that promise to overhaul our forum experiences.

1. Revamped UI: The new sidebar navigation and forum home feed view offer a sleeker, more intuitive layout.
  2. Dark Mode & Accessibility: Native dark mode is in, making for a more eye-friendly interface, no extra themes required.
  3. Theme Editor: This update is a big one for customization, allowing major theme changes without the hassle of CSS or HTML editing.
  4. Support Features: They've introduced tools to find the most helpful answers quickly and identify community experts, perfect for support-driven forums.
  5. Badge & Icon Builder: Customization gets even better with a powerful new badge and icon builder for a more personalized look.
The team is still hard at work on additional features to reduce topic noise, invigorate community engagement, and refresh core components, including a significant update to the 'Pages' feature.

The planned release is set for early 2024, and it's gearing up to redefine what we expect from forum software.

What feature are you looking forward to the most?

I am thinking about starting and running a clan promotion site with Invision Community 5. A domain I have owned for a while now. Still tossing ideas around in my head about it.

The latest from today:

Very nice. That will indeed be a helpful feature for some of us. Filtering out the low quality posts is a good idea. Will be interesting to see it in practice. Some might get offended their posts end up being filtered, but then again it might also get them to post better quality.

The latest from today:

I read that later, I have not read anything for the last two blogs OMG I'm so bad

Very nice. That will indeed be a helpful feature for some of us. Filtering out the low quality posts is a good idea. Will be interesting to see it in practice. Some might get offended their posts end up being filtered, but then again it might also get them to post better quality.
But ultimately.. who is the ultimate decision maker on on what constitutes "qualiity" and fluff. I can easily (in my niche) make a one line response to a post that is authoritative, but because of the shortness could easily be "ignored".
Are we "depending" on users to up/down vote responses... well... as Scooby says "Rotsa Ruck".

Are we "depending" on users to up/down vote responses... well... as Scooby says "Rotsa Ruck".
We only have to look at a decade of Stack Overflow to see *exactly* how effectively this points out the best answer, and how often people need to be cajoled into voting in the first place...

We only have to look at a decade of Stack Overflow to see *exactly* how effectively this points out the best answer, and how often people need to be cajoled into voting in the first place...
As I said.. Rotsa Ruck.
Stack Overflow is a small portion of the interwebz.

As I said.. Rotsa Ruck.
Stack Overflow is a small portion of the interwebz.
In case it wasn't obvious I was completely agreeing with you.

SO is a cesspit of toxicity, in no small part driven by their behaviours around up- and down-voting. It's also part of how Discourse does things, because the same person came up with the system both times...

Are we "depending" on users to up/down vote responses...
No, the blog outlines what we do, but essentially each post is scored based on:
- Reactions
- Number of times shared
- Number of times read (we now track how many times a post is read and how long for based on screen position)
- How long people read the post

And some other minor metrics.

Reason I ask, I remember when one of my regular haunts was testing Discourse - where they do that sort of thing - and the telemetry was an absolute nightmare on mobile where the connection was flaky.

IPS is facing some technical difficulties at the moment. I'm sure it will be fixed soon though.

Screenshot_104.jpg

1703583111105.png

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 17 77.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor