Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

how often do you pay your staff

I think when i start up a business, i'm going to pay my workers once in a month that is at the end of the month or twice in a month so that in case my workers have some kind of emergency they won't be stranded.
I think at the end of the month is better. However, you can allow employees to receive a salary advance if they really have pressing needs that have to be fulfilled immediately.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the type of business and the services that the workers render. There are staff that get paid at the end of the month while some collect wages after the completion of an assigned duty. I prefer to pay my worker at the end of the month.
Over here in my country here lot of business is always paying their workers on monthly basis and it is what over 95% of businesses or companies copy when it comes to how they pay their workers.

I think at the end of the month is better. However, you can allow employees to receive a salary advance if they really have pressing needs that have to be fulfilled immediately.
That's true, in my opinion at the end of the month is the best. I didn't even think about giving salary in advance. It's a nice idea.

That's true, in my opinion at the end of the month is the best. I didn't even think about giving salary in advance. It's a nice idea.
A salary advance will help your staff to attend to any issue that may arise without them having to borrow from others. But it should be structured in such a way that the employee still have something reasonable at the end of the month.

There is no system of hourly wages in my country. However, many labor make money daily and get paid on daily basis because they get wages on daily basis in my country. Salaried person are not so lucky and they have to rely on the company a lot.

I don't have a company of my own as present. But if I have in the future I am going to do everything within my capacity to ensure that the workers get their salary for the month paid. I can even set up a credit scheme to support the workers.

This is nice but I would advice you set a standard as to what you might consider as pressing needs to prevent others from using this as an excuse to request for their salary in advance, or what do you think?

Paying staff is done at the end of the month in my country, on the 25th of every month every salary earners like government and private workers must get their salary , but there are some private companies that pays weekly depending on your own personal choice, You will be asked if you want your payment at the end of the week or wait till month end.
My friend who works in a solar company gets paid on every 15th of the month and they never miss it. It's more like getting paid in 2 weeks of the month.

This is nice but I would advice you set a standard as to what you might consider as pressing needs to prevent others from using this as an excuse to request for their salary in advance, or what do you think?
Yes I agree. There has to be a criteria before such requests qualify as a pressing need. In any case, the salary advance must always be less than half of the monthly salary the employee is entitled to.

It all depends on the employer and employee terms and conditions . it could be monthly, weekly or daily depending on how they come to a final agreement.

Sadly ,there are many employers who violate the term and conditions and never pay the salary that the employees deserve. This happens a lot. :(

Yes I agree. There has to be a criteria before such requests qualify as a pressing need. In any case, the salary advance must always be less than half of the monthly salary the employee is entitled to.
Half? Which means when it's month end they would be paid the other half? I have seen case where some ask for their whole salary in advance though, is that right?

If I start off my business, my workers would be paid once in a month at the end of the month to be precise. But on some special instances, it may be twice in a month, which will be the mid month and the end of the month. This will help them to keep the financial balance of the monthly income.

Half? Which means when it's month end they would be paid the other half? I have seen case where some ask for their whole salary in advance though, is that right?
No it's very improper to pay such a staff full amount as salary advance. There is a likelihood that such staff might not give his best for the remaining days of the month as he would have collected the full pay already.

No it's very improper to pay such a staff full amount as salary advance. There is a likelihood that such staff might not give his best for the remaining days of the month as he would have collected the full pay already.
You have a point there though, but If they decide not to put in their best simply cause they have been paid, can't the manager deduct from their next month salary?

You have a point there though, but If they decide not to put in their best simply cause they have been paid, can't the manager deduct from their next month salary?
I think the if the manager takes such a drastic decision, it might affect his relationship with such staff. It might also paint the manager in bad light if he is unable to provide evidence of the said staff's unproductivity as the reason for the deduction.

In my country it is normal for most organizations to wait for the end of the month before paying their employees. This is helpful as it helps avoid excessive spending.
Yes over here the normal mode of payment is just on monthly basis but I'm most western countries they are paying all their employees hourly.. it all depends in the system of government

Well, in my country, there is only one payment pattern for all companies and businesses here and it's paying on monthly basis. They will never agree to pay weekly or by the hour.
I think not only your country do that but most of this African countries do that, they tends to be paying there employees on a monthly basis only not weekly.

It depends on the way I have structured the business ,I think to me I actually prefer to pay the staff every month , because I actually think it's more preferable as the staff would grow more interest if you adopt such strategy ,and won't save you stress of paying weekly

Well I don't have a staff in my employ. As an employee, I think I would like to be paid weekly, but I currently work with a shopping organisation that pay monthly. I guess at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as long as the income comes in.

It actually depends on the kind of work. Those in blue collar jobs normally collect their pay daily while staffs in offices and organisation receives their pay monthly

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds