Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

how often do you pay your staff

It depends on the type of business and the services that the workers render. There are staff that get paid at the end of the month while some collect wages after the completion of an assigned duty. I prefer to pay my worker at the end of the month.

Advertisement Placeholder
Monthly income is the frequent method of payment for workers but incentives and other bonuses should be attached to occasionally.

I think, as a business owner and then an employer, you are expected to pay your staffs on monthly basis, some is on daily basis, depending on how your schedule are. I paid my works based on our first time negotiations.

I have worked for a company that used to pay me after the time period of one month and 10 days have passed. This means they used to make their employees work for 40 exact days. This is a kind of unfair treatment. If an employee choose to leave the company after those 40 days, he was not paid for working for those extra 10 days.

A daily pay is very much preferable, most especially if the staff members are into cryptocurrency trading. This would enable them to always invest their earnings in trading some coins.

Salary payments in my country are usually done on a semi-monthly basis. I think that this frequency is fair for both employers and employees. Paying salaries weekly can be tedious and financially exhausting. Paying monthly can be too long for most employees.

How often do you pay your staff members for those of you owning businesses? Once a week? Once a month? Or longer? And, which time interval do you think is the most proactive and efficient for company owners?
Working for someone is not really an easy task. If I am to have staff who work for me, nothing will stop me from paying them as soon as month ends so as to enable them carry out their duties effectively and efficiently. Salary motivate workers.

I am yet to have my own business offline but I work with one already. we got paid once in a month and that usually towards the end. It is only online I got paid anytime I requested for it. if I own a business I will try my best to pay at least two times in a month for the workers.

I engage in pay-as-you-go with my workers. For every jobs given to them, I usually assign payments along the jobs. If I can pay them instantly, I will pay them on the weekly basis maybe due to the paucity of fund. My workers are instrumental to the progress of my business, as a result I pay them handsomely.
Nigeria is going to be the last country where workers are going to be paid by that package of pay-as-you-go or pay-as-you-work because it means that they are going to be paid more.

I am not a business owner and so I don't pay any employees. But I think that the best time interval is that of monthly payments. It is so easy to budget such finances in a company if the pay is done once a month.
This is actually the only way I know that people are paid their salaries or wages in Nigeria because companies here knows how to exploit their workers to the fullest.

Nigeria is going to be the last country where workers are going to be paid by that package of pay-as-you-go or pay-as-you-work because it means that they are going to be paid more.
There are some casual work that pay as you go. I worked in plastic bottle company in my city and we were paid for the number of days we work. The the same thing go for those working in mansonsary industry.

It all depends on the employer and employee terms and conditions . it could be monthly, weekly or daily depending on how they come to a final agreement.
Every country have their own payment structure which is what determines how the employees are paid in such country and over here in Nigeria employee salaries are paid on monthly basis.

In my home country, salary is usually paid once a month, generally in the first week of the month. The employer will pay you previous month salary in the first week of the current month. When I had a handful of people working for my business, I also paid in the first week of the new month.
Although there are some employees that will argue for their salary to be paid on a weekly basis because they always find themselves in need of money without any cash.

I engage in pay-as-you-go with my workers. For every jobs given to them, I usually assign payments along the jobs. If I can pay them instantly, I will pay them on the weekly basis maybe due to the paucity of fund. My workers are instrumental to the progress of my business, as a result I pay them handsomely.
If this kind of payment structure is initiated in my country Nigeria I believe that employees are going to be very happy because it means that they are going to earn more money.

If this kind of payment structure is initiated in my country Nigeria I believe that employees are going to be very happy because it means that they are going to earn more money.
Don't get carried away with my comment as I am speaking in future tense. I actually live in the same country as you and it can be very hard to see something like that as present. but this is something I would like to initiate in my company just to encourage people to work hard.

I think i once have a business and then i pay my staff every week but our agreed date is every month , but itall depends on how i was able to generator more revenue
This is actually why it gets me frustrated when some people hold their employees salaries that they are supposed to pay them when they are supposed to pay them because I can't understand why you will all your employee for 2 to 3 months without paying them.

I agree with you, regarding the monthly payment as a business owner, but if we are talking about employees I think you have to reach agreements where both feel comfortable. I as an employee like to be paid biweekly instead of monthly, maybe others like weekly or as you say monthly.
One thing that is very common in my country when it comes to employees getting paid is that some of their employers always like to owe them their salary which is not very good.

I this part of the world, monthly payments are more common than the weekly wage payments in other countries or even the hourly ratios, either way what matters is they are getting paid and not being owed

For now I don't have any offline business to pay employee, but is good to your staff when the business is done you can pay them, or when month ending this is best way to pay your staff.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds