Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

how often do you pay your staff

It depends on the nature of the the group. Although monthly salary payment of staffs could be nice while wages has both advantage and disadvantage

Advertisement Placeholder
This will strictly depend on the type of business both of you people are doing and the arrangement you have made before. Some business and it's arrangement can required weekly payment of staff member while others monthly.

Yes it totally depends on the nature of the job, and the amount you are planning on paying. Like it might ware you out if you are paying the workers above 10,000 naira on a daily basis.

Paying a good amount of salary to hundreds of people can be a tiresome thing and this is why the manager is the one who manages the salary of employees in most organizations that have a huge number of employees.

Although I have only two staffs, I just make sure their payment is always available. I know some will say it's because it's just two, but then it's in my policy not owe staffs so far the business is growing by the day.
The best payment method for my staff would be paying them a salary and making sure that the money is always available once the month is ending so that there will be no issue of them I want to wait for their salaries.

If you want to maintain peace and decorum in your place of business and you want your workers to be more productive you should try and pay them when it's due weekly or monthly

How often do you pay your staff members for those of you owning businesses? Once a week? Once a month? Or longer? And, which time interval do you think is the most proactive and efficient for company owners?
Once a week.
The jobs are mostly menial, so they prefer a weekly wage. They could get daily tips from me on a good day too!
[automerge]1633221912[/automerge]
How often do you pay your staff members for those of you owning businesses? Once a week? Once a month? Or longer? And, which time interval do you think is the most proactive and efficient for company owners?
Once a week.
Its mostly menial jobs, so they get weekly wages. They do get daily tips from me on a good day too. Lol

I think depending on the contract which both of the party signed. in my country it is mandatory for every business owner to pay between 20th and 25th of every month. There are some of the companies which pay at every 4 night and this is very good.

Depending on who I am helping and what that person needs the finance for I don't give you money and you go drink or smoke with I give you money to improve yourself so you can improve others. But on regular bases I help financially if it's worth it.
[automerge]1633261756[/automerge]
Paying of staffs is a monthly thing here in nigeria but a weekly abroad but it is better weekly because it helps the worker plan his week well and happy because monthly kill the moral of the staff before month ends.

Last edited:
There's always an agreement between the employee and the employer before he or she is to be employ, so when it is dew time the employee have to pay the employer

It depends on the kind of business ,job design and the time that has been agreed between the employee and employer.
I can pay my staff once in two weeks or monthly as agreed.

The usual period for the salary here of white collar workers especially for bigger companies is the 15-30 scheme which is twice a month (every 15th and end of the month). For the blue workers it is the Saturday payroll which is weekly.
how often do you pay your staff?

nothing, actually, this is the hardest question to answer.

most of the time I don't pay them.

i used to, in the first few months when i was starting to establish my business.

Well staffs are been paid monthly and that's a good deal you know how much you are making by the end of the month and you can plan on it .

As it's a norm to pay salary or wages once in a month. That is what I will do when I have a business. I will try as much as possible to keep to date. As an employee I know how paying at right does to me, it makes me to gives my best.

In my home country, salary is usually paid once a month, generally in the first week of the month. The employer will pay you previous month salary in the first week of the current month. When I had a handful of people working for my business, I also paid in the first week of the new month.

Exactly, this is something that is very common in most African countries where their salaries are paid on monthly basis because it is the best way to marginalize those workers.

I don't run a big corporation or business enterprise though. But I always pay my staffs as at when their due payments are supposed to be payed without owing anyone of them

Paying my staffs is more of my concern, reasons being that this spurs them to do the work that is available at all time. So I pay them before month end and bonuses atimes comes before before the salary if any for that month.

Staffs are been paid monthly and on an agreed date so once it comes they get their money and with that they are happy to keep working In smiles and love.

Most often. the payment of staffs should be done most often this is because the amount of salary the waited for.is the source of their livelihood and means of survival. in other to maintain that they needed to be paid as most often as it's to be done.

For business owners, I think they always agree on a period of payment before starting the job. It could be weekly or monthly, over here it is mostly paid in months.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds