Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you been once overpaid?

Ogbest

Loyal member
Credits
What happened when your employer overpaid you? Have you experienced such situation. We all know that an employer has every right to reclaim that money back. But sincerely speaking, how do you feel about it? Would you inform your employer about it or you will see it as a bonus? But you should know that anyhow you feel when overpaid, you should feel same when underpaid.

Advertisement Placeholder
When you're overpaid by your employer, the right thing to do always is to let them know and then return it. The only time you're allowed to keep it is if you're told it's a bonus. Integrity is important...

In the same way, when you're underpaid, you should report and let them know, so they could complete the balance if it was a mistake.

What happened when your employer overpaid you? Have you experienced such situation. We all know that an employer has every right to reclaim that money back. But sincerely speaking, how do you feel about it? Would you inform your employer about it or you will see it as a bonus? But you should know that anyhow you feel when overpaid, you should feel same when underpaid.
I have been over paid on several occasions from my employer and from petite seller/trader. I always return it because it's not my money and my employer never told me he dashed me. The ones from trader I also all. I know it was a mistake.

I've never been over paid before but if it happens I will alert the management on time to prevent them from looking down on me. A good name is better than riches so I wouldn't keep what doesn't accrued to me thats like stealing even though the mistake wasn't mine, I owe myself that respect

During my working days, a colleague was being overpaid every month for a year plus and nobody knew until a new HR manager cane on board. She decided to look into the salaries of workers and discovered this. Me colleague was sacked the next day.

I have never been over paid before although it happens to a colleague before. He was paid twice because the accountant thought she's hang receive salary before but unfortunately he as been paid. But after the payment it can't be reversed

I have never been over paid but if I'm overpaid any day, I'll simply ask if it was a mistake or it was intentional done. Maybe I'm being compensated or it is an incentive for the boss to motivate me.

Yes I have on several occasions, the most recent one happened recently. I run a deposit business, so I do visit the bank frequently to pay in money so that particular day I wanted to pay in about #250,000, after giving the money to the cashier to confirm she told me it was 350,000 apparently she joined another customers money to mine I had to tell her she made a mistake she couldn't stop thanking me

During my working days, a colleague was being overpaid every month for a year plus and nobody knew until a new HR manager cane on board. She decided to look into the salaries of workers and discovered this. Me colleague was sacked the next day.
That is his reward for receiving what he didn't work for. Many people thought after being over paid, that it will never be found out. I have been over paid on several occasions, but it seems the people Involved don't normally show appreciation when I returned the money.

That is his reward for receiving what he didn't work for. Many people thought after being over paid, that it will never be found out. I have been over paid on several occasions, but it seems the people Involved don't normally show appreciation when I returned the

That is his reward for receiving what he didn't work for. Many people thought after being over paid, that it will never be found out. I have been over paid on several occasions, but it seems the people Involved don't normally show appreciation when I returned the money.
When I refund a payment I tend not to put into consideration any acknowledgement from them. I do this to clear my conscience. I understand that we as humans need to be acknowledged for doing the right thing though.

The most practical thing you can is check your payslips each and every time you get paid. Report the overpayment. If you are overpaid you can speak the department/person who actually pays you. Move the money to a safe account.

I have never been overpaid before but if that happened I would have to return it immediately because holding on to it would just be like eaten your bread when your soup is not ready yet, you will be deducted from your next pay which might not be favourable.

I have not been overpaid as per salary, but I have been given extra change on several occasions. Especially from old women. They are always pronouncing blessings anytime I return their extra to them. I feel extra happy and fulfilled.

I have being overpaid before but not at my workplace, honestly there is Joy in overpayment but after a while I came to discover that receiving more than what you supposed to receive is a total cheating, so I started witdrawing myself, for now if I am overpaid I will stand at that point and make a returned.

I have never been overpaid ever since I started working
Where I work the staff are very plenty and no one get over paid, we only get extra money when we sell some things to customers and they give us money for the goods service we rendered to them.

In countless bases, yes. And I do well to return the extra cash to the owner. From the law of business, the money is not mine and I can't put it in my business money. Call it faith or whatever but my belief is it will mess my business up.

I have being overpaid before but not at my workplace, honestly there is Joy in overpayment but after a while I came to discover that receiving more than what you supposed to receive is a total cheating, so I started witdrawing myself, for now if I am overpaid I will stand at that point and make a returned.
I have heard so many people who say that they have been overpaid in their workplace or for the services they rendered whether knowingly or by mistake but I have not experienced such before but I think if I am a such position I will let my employer Know about it.

If the payment is made by mistake you need to probably return it. Because something like that can ruin your reputation in your in the workplace, and of course nobody wants that. But if it is a bonus maybe you for your hard work then, that's different. It really pays to be honest in this to your question, I have not really be overpaid before.

Honestly the golden rule said same about what you said what ever thing you want men to do to you do also to them.
It is good to report an overpaid bonus because you did not work for it. It is absolutely unfair to withhold any money you do not work for. I don't do such and i wouldn't want anybody to it to me.

I think where I would say that I have been currently overpaid two-minute science is my offline business as most times the customers who can't patronized on me finding difficult to price some are of the truth and knowledge that they have the money and because they have the money I don't have any reason to price for the moment I think of a price they find out that price without buttons you know why.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds