Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you been once overpaid?

I have been overpaid before. That was when I was still in school. I have been working with this man for long before I had admission. I needed money to pay for my school fees, so I worked for two months with my boss and when he was to pay me my salary, he didn't pay me my salary but gave me my school fees that is more than my salary 2 x, with small change

Advertisement Placeholder
Have never for once been overpaid by my previous employer please. But what brought this discussion? If someone is overpaid, the best thing to do as a loyal and a honest somebody, one have to refund the money regardless of the amount.

Yes, have been overpaid any times and I returned their money back, my customers use to overpaid and any time it happens like that I use to return it back. Because the money is not for me it mistake from my customer.

I have never been overpaid by any organisation but if by mistake such to happen you need to genuinely return the money to the company there's no need for you to take people's money dishonestly but it has never happened to me before though, I just pray it doesn't happen.

Concerning if I was once overpaid by my employer. Well, there are many scenarios whereby I am given money more than the amount I demanded for my services rendered. Integrity and honesty is really important to an individual who wants to be recommended and retain his customer. I make sure I the overpaid money returned instantly and some will say it is a bonus while some a mistake

yeah I have been over payed
I sell sneakers and this man paid me 22k instead of paying 20. All I did was send him his money back because I don't steal, stealing is bad, very very bad. That's the one thing that can take your business to ashes

Have once been overpaid in my former company called MFNL, what happened was that, I collected a salary advanced of 5k, thinking that at month ending it will be deducted but at the end of the month, I was paid the full salary without any deduction and it happen twice like that. Though, I just smiled off with the situation then.

No I have never been over paid in any site but I use to here of people who are been paid over in the site, I do not know how it happened maybe it is the site malfunctioning or the mistakes form the organizers, however it doesn't happen always but once a while.

I was overpaid by the M. D. of Dynamic Global in the Year 2015. My actual rate that he supposed to pay me is #95,000 but he sent #150,000 into my account, I notified him but he said he intentionally over paid me just to appreciate my good presentation style.

A Notice of Overpayment (DE 1444) was issued because Unemployment Insurance (UI) payments that you were not eligible for were paid to you. For guidance about how to repay an excess cost, visit Benefit Overpayment Services. Overpayments are categorized by the EDD into two categories: fraud or non-fraud.

I have never been overpaid but if it happens that am been overpaid I will return the money to the owner because i do not work for the money and it is wrong to spend such money

I've never been over paid before but if it happens I will alert the management on time to prevent them from looking down on me. A good name is better than riches so I wouldn't keep what doesn't accrued to me thats like stealing even though the mistake wasn't mine, I owe myself that respect
I experience this often especially when I buy things from small shops or petite traders. They mistakenly give me balance that is over what I should be given so I always return their money once I discovered I've been over paid.

Yes, it a good experience though. I once worked as a salary earner applied for an internship programme then. The first month of working we were paid same amount of money but the second month I was been paid more than usual salary though I and some few of us in our department then. So majority received lesser money during that time. But in the long run, I get to see it an incentive paid for a job well done for the month.

Well I have not been over paid before.... But just like you said the way you feel joyous and happy when you are over paid remember to be that happy when you are under paid... Because you can't eat your cake and still have it

I have never been over paid by my employer before but if such a thing happens the best thing I will do isbto inform my employer and rest the money because he might intentionally you that to test your loyalty

I don't remember receiving over payment in salary or earnings. But the over payment I experienced is in my bank account. There was an excess of 30,000 pesos in the balance (around $600). When I reported it to the bank, they froze my account for 30 days in order to correct the discrepancy. It was really bad that I was put into a disadvantage for my honesty so I said to myself that next time there is an over credit on my bank account I will not report it anymore (but I will not withdraw the excess).

It has happened to me a few times but in my case it is not about salary. Most times it happens when I get something from a stall and the sales person miscalculate my balance. But honestly has always been my watchword and I always do return the excess amount. I do believe that we should imbibe this in our daily lives ie the ability to be honest in this kind of scenario.
[automerge]1612749315[/automerge]
It has happened to me a few times but in my case it is not about salary. Most times it happens when I get something from a stall and the sales person miscalculate my balance. But honestly has always been my watchword and I always do return the excess amount. I do believe that we should imbibe this in our daily lives ie the ability to be honest in this kind of scenario.

When you are overpaid. If you tell them thank you for the extra money, they will realize how stupid they are because of their negligence. So next time do not tell them, Keep it for yourself. Because sometimes company deducted so much without reason.

If you overpaid by your employe mistakenly then tell him his mistake and try to back. It is not a good thing. But if he gives you extra money just because of bonus or your gift then its very nice. I was overpaid in Bizdustry and after 2 3 hours deduction was done.

Do you mean to say over paid as in sending more money than what you had agreed to work and all by mistake? sending more money than agreed has not occurred to me, however, sometime clients pay me extra money as tips when they are more than happy. And this has happened to me many times.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds