Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you been once overpaid?

Where an employer has made an accidental overpayment of wages/salary or expenses (including holiday pay) to an employee, the employer can legally recover this overpayment from an employee by deducting the overpaid amount from future wages or salary (or any money due to the employee if they leave). The situations where an employer can make deductions from your wages are limited but this is one situation that’s allowed by legislation

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement Placeholder
I have never been overpaid, if I was overpaid, if I'm in need of money, I don't think I will report it immediately, but after I have spent it I will ask if it was intentionally or by mistake.

I have been overpaid once before in my life before and I could attest to the fact that in some circumstances it can be somewhat hard to refund that money due to what you are facing in life. I was going into some challenges when I got overpaid but I had to refund.

When you are overpaid, the right thing to do is to report the situation to your boss to confirm if it was a mistake or intentional. If you keep it to yourself without confirming it and it let turns out to be a mistake, it might discredit you one day in the mind of your boss.

Anyway, being over paid is what can easily happen at any given time, and it is mainly by mistake that one can be over paid. You may find receiving the over paid money lovely and cool, not until same happens to you. It is a mistake anyone can make at anytime without even noticing.

Getting overpaid is like someone gifting me free money. I have been overpaid a few times at my place of work. Though I had to return the excess of my salary or risk not paid the following month which for me was worst.

Well I have never been overpaid for a job. If something like this happens l, I’d return the money to my client cause it’s not my money. I know some people may not return instead they see as luck but it’s always good to loyal cause of another time

I will tell them because what if i keep it without saying then they realised what happened and they ask for it back when i already spent it? That would be a real embarrassment for me. Plus i already got paid fair and square so giving the money back is only the right thing to do.

What happened when your employer overpaid you? Have you experienced such situation. We all know that an employer has every right to reclaim that money back. But sincerely speaking, how do you feel about it? Would you inform your employer about it or you will see it as a bonus? But you should know that anyhow you feel when overpaid, you should feel same when underpaid.
no i do not pay yet because i am a new user and fresh graduate from a university and i am trying to get a good job which is related to my field give me more benifet in my upcoming work and it is necssery part for me.

I work in a government entity, on one occasion they paid me more, I immediately went to the payroll department to clarify and correct the error. Honesty must prevail in these cases, since as you explain in the thread, the employer has the right to discount or claim the excess of payment. If he has spent it he will have to work to pay for it.

Great question, I have never been overpaid by an employer though I don't expect to because rarely would you find an employer doing such because they are always very watchful whenever they are making salary payments and if such happens, I would definitely inform him about it, it could be a bonus payment.

I haven't been overpaid at my place of work rather I have been underpaid. But I also get an overbalance from sellers on several occasions. Each time I return it. Knowing fully it's not mine and I wouldn't have loved it if I'm in their position

What happened when your employer overpaid you? Have you experienced such situation. We all know that an employer has every right to reclaim that money back. But sincerely speaking, how do you feel about it? Would you inform your employer about it or you will see it as a bonus? But you should know that anyhow you feel when overpaid, you should feel same when underpaid.
Once Upon a Time in my childhood when I give money to shopkeeper to buy candies and then shopkeeper return me the remaining amount but it contains double of the remaining amount I paid 50 rupees and he returned me it is rupees eating set I have given him hundred rupees so that was the time I I had been overpaid

I have never been overpaid in any of my working capacity simply because maybe all the managers that I have worked with are always very attentive to details and so therefore the hardly makes these kind of mistake of over paying their staffs. if I am overpaid by any stretch I will definitely return the extra money on my pay.

From experience as HR professional, you can't be overpaid as a staff. If such scenario happens, it will be deducted from your next pay and the payroll officer will be queried.

When it comes to earning online I am never been overpaid. Though someone have dashed me money in the past. Only got overpaid once in my offline job and this happens to be from my boss.

I never have had any proper job or work. However, I sometimes receive extra allowances from my parents and it feels great to receive extra money. However, this does not happen in my life quite often

yes, i was once paid to do a promotional video, editing and pretty much everything in that video, and was paid really huge amount of money than the video really deserved, i really thank the guy!

Through online banking account and earn it is very high quality and I also have knowledge about business ☺️ a good business and I also have low on internet to earn a living and working hard to get a hold a spot for every one of you to do the

Yeah alot of times, here in my country it happens frequently but I genuinely think it's a test been set by your boss to find out more personally about your character and behavior and yes in every occasion I was overpaid I always let the other person know and I return the excess money.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds