Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Have you been once overpaid?

Situations like that are quite rare but if it happens, then, the best thing to do would be to return such funds. I may hold on to it for sometime if I need to pass a message across to the employer particularly if he was an underpaying boss.

Advertisement Placeholder
Though i have not been overpaid before but i have seen the the consequences of that ruin the career of a friend of my just for the sake of 50$

I have never been overpay because such happen I will know that is mistake, and I will mention to find way to contact my boss for that, because the money will not have any reason to do for me.

Mistake is inevitable and bound to happen once in a while, I have encountered issue like this, I had to do what's right by returning it,what's not mine ain't mine.

If you mean short pay , then yes but overpay , No
I don't think there's any forum site out there that can overpay you, or gives you a payment by mistakes.

I have never been overpaid before. I think the right thing to do is to inform the employer about it so that they can return the money. I have read such cases before and people get into trouble for using the money.

Since I have been working for under different companies I have never been once overpaid most of my payments comes through the bank and they never for once made mistakes. If the situation arises I will inform the company of the development.

I've been tipped for a few jobs I've done in the past, but nothing major. I think if they pay you more, it's usually because you went above and beyond to perform the job. It may also mean they wanted to give you extra.

But, I never heard of many people overpaying by accident, though I'm sure it has happened. And technically, if you were overpaid, you are responsible for giving that money back technically, so keep that in mind as well.

Yes I was once overpaid one time at my first employed job. When I asked questions my boss told me that she noticed I gave in my best in all I do at work so I deserve it. She told me to go and enjoy. I was So happy.

I have never experienced such a scenario where I was being overpaid by my employer. But if that were to have happened , I would have returned the balance anyways. I know I had to return it.

Yeah it happened to me only once , i was overpaid by the bank i was working for ,i have to find means to send the funds back ,because they tracked the money

When am overpaid I just go ahead and tell my employer how much surplus I owe him. He can decide to deduct it from my next payment, or make it a bonus for me.

That will be a very funny thing to ever occur. An employer hardly ever overpay. Except you're saying you're being paid physical cash by the employer at the place of work.

Not by an employer but by a payment processor I have been paid twice for the same transaction. I was trying to withdraw $70 to my solid pay trust account, but the site sent payment to my bank twice and credited $140

I will rather send the money back , because it might be done like that , so that my honest ways would be tested by the company

What happened when your employer overpaid you? Have you experienced such situation. We all know that an employer has every right to reclaim that money back. But sincerely speaking, how do you feel about it? Would you inform your employer about it or you will see it as a bonus? But you should know that anyhow you feel when overpaid, you should feel same when underpaid.
Of course not. I don't have an experience of being over paid. What I really feel or experience is being under paid and not over paid. If I am to choose what I will prefer between the two, I will rather be over paid than under paid.

I have not been overpaid before. These employers will always count their money very well before payment. And such a thing happened, I will return it. It could be a test from the employer.

I was once overpaid by my bank , I did a transaction of 10,000 and i was debited but the recipient did not see the money , and I spent almost a month trying to clear things with the bank , and when I was given back my money , I was given 12,000 instead of 10,000
I've never been over paid before but if it happens I will alert the management on time to prevent them from looking down on me. A good name is better than riches so I wouldn't keep what doesn't accrued to me thats like stealing even though the mistake wasn't mine, I owe myself that respect

The most practical thing you can is check your payslips each and every time you get paid. Report the overpayment. If you are overpaid you can speak the department/person who actually pays you. Move the money to a safe account.

Never for once have I been overpaid while working online though if I am, I'll definitely refund to ensure that the relationship between us is longer and for posterity's sake. What if the client finds out and then soils my reputation?

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds