Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

There are different kinds of offense, there are some offense that if employee commit it the employee don't deserve to be recorded but if the offense is not reach the level, you can give him/her a second chance if he/she realized what he/she did wrong and beg for forgiveness.

Advertisement Placeholder
Giving anybody a second a second chance be it employees or staff is good because it show how you trust him/her. And this will encourage the staff or the employees to do more than is expected to see that they correct their mistake and impress whoever give them the second chance because of the trust

Giving your staff second chance after you must have sacked him depends on the reason why he or she was let go at the first place. If the staff stole from you, I don't think he or she deserves a second chance because he or she, would definitely repeat this same act again.

Giving chance to an employee or a staff does not guaranteed a change of either negative or positive. Giving second chance to a person really matter a lot but if depends as to what offence did the person do , if the person made mistakes in going his or her appropriate job is good to teach the person on how to do it well with a warning and second chance bit if is about scondering money is very serious then is not a good idea of giving second chance because it really mean giving him or her room to continues what he did not finish.

Well apart from being stubborn, let's assume a staff was caught stealing from me, do you really think I will give that stuff a second chance? I don't think so. What if he or she has not been caught, what you think you have done with your product? He or she will keep stealing. I don't believe in second chance.

Giving a second chance to a person doesn't really assure you that such person is gonna change. I would prefer to go for the idea of sitting such person down ask for the reason for the action he or she took, then from that moment any decision can be made depending on the outcome of how the person reacted

There is nothing bad in giving an err staff second chance so far such staff has sign of remorsefulness and you could read that he or she is willing to change. The second chance will help such staff to make amends.
Yes you are so right. I mean we are all human and it is said to err is human while to forgive is divine. So it's the duty of older person in office to teach the lower person in office how to handle humans. Giving an employee second chance is necessary except if the employee refuse to change for good

It is good to employee second chance if the mistake made by the employee is not much affective to the business and it will be more opportunity for the employee to sit tight and increase his or her services to the work been given to.

This depends on the determent of damages the employee is causing the company or business. If this is minimal or doesn't have any negative effect on the establishment, I think a second chance can be given to the employee.

We all make mistakes and nobody is perfect, therefore, giving an employee or staff a second chance shouldn't be a bad thing. We should give all humans benefit of doubt. However, if they mess up the second time, then you can query or punish them according to the rule book of your business or organization.

If you trust that your employees then second chance give them if you don't trust your employees then not give them second chance. Warn your staff once time if staff rapeat the mistake then no other chance to give them.

It all depends on the crime committed; it is not a bad thing to give a staff/employee a second chance. If the worker is a dishonest individual who has cheated and done other bad acts, he should not be given a second chance and act as a lesson for the people he has affected, but if it is a minor offense like late coming and he has not done that before, he should be given a second chance.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
I think a person always prefer to have cooperative employees in his team. But once we have seen a person who is continuesly making mistakes and not working well, we give him warnings. But as you asked that would I give them second chance or third one? I would say, I would go in Details. If he would be doing mistakes which are common to his last one, I would definitely get him out of my working team and give Chance to a trusted person.

If a staff is humble enough and tasty for improvement, I find it necessary to give some considerations to such a staff or a benefit of doubt. This depends on the kind of atrocities committed by the staff. Certain crime issues could demand total and abrupt rustication from the company.

If the employee is remorseful, then it's not a bad idea and if you can discern that the action was not intentional, you can also give him a second chance. The previous record of the employee must also be checked to see if the record has been a good one.

Yes you should give your employee a second chance if you truly want him to stay, anyone is liable to commit mistakes and make errors so giving him/her a second chance is like giving a new chance for improvement.

Is not bad to give staff second chance if they misbehave even if u are offend God our creator he do forgive us talkless of we human being, we need to forgive ourselves. We need to be careful to relate to ppl but we that work under ppl should also behave well so that u will not be in the black book of someone boss. We need to give them second chance but the too should be very careful in doing something that can bring down their establishment after all that is the place where u are making ur end meet. It very good to have a cordial relationship between business owner and the staff who work under them.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
In my opinion, you can give them a chance, but you got to be more observant with the employee. Everyone deserves a second chance but once they do something that jeopardizes a trust given to them, it gives us something to doubt. But I really believe in giving people a chance.

Giving an employee a second chance when they err doesn't guarantee changes but it proves that you are a great boss who is willing to look beyond their immediate flaws and want to help them become a better person.

The idea of second chance jobs, recruiting people with a criminal record, is being discussed by more and more corporations. Employers benefit from having a highly motivated and willing talent pool of people who are hungry for a second chance and ready to do what the work takes.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds