Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

As much as many people wouldn't want to agree with giving a staff second chance, the truth is, we all have failed at one point or the other and all we needed at the moment was another chance to redeem ourselves. I believe an employer should allow room for the benefit of the doubt.

Advertisement Placeholder
What offense does the employee committed initially before his dismissal, if it is something forgivable and can re-adjust his or her ways then one can reemploy but if it is not then calling back an old worker is a great risk

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
This question is just like facing me to answer. You should Ashley give you employee chance no matter what unless you yourself you are a God.
[automerge]1612890227[/automerge]
This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
This question is just like facing me to answer. You should Ashley give you employee chance no matter what unless you yourself you are a God.
This question is just like facing me to answer. You should Ashley give you employee chance no matter what uunl
Quote of the day:

Never give up, because the breakthrough is near. Keep pushing till you win

The first step in requesting a second chance is to repair whatever damage was initially done. If there's any way to correct the original problem, do so as soon as possible. For example, if you botched a customer order, contact the client and apologize, then take whatever steps are necessary to rectify the situation and save the account. If you had an altercation with another staff member, apologize and make reparations. Try to reach a consensus regarding your disagreement to ensure such blowups won't happen again.
[automerge]1612890432[/automerge]
The first step in requesting a second chance is to repair whatever damage was initially done. If there's any way to correct the original problem, do so as soon as possible. For example, if you botched a customer order, contact the client and apologize, then take whatever steps are necessary to rectify the situation and save the account. If you had an altercation with another staff member, apologize and make reparations. Try to reach a consensus regarding your disagreement to ensure such blowups won't happen again.

Giving an employee a second chance doesn't really guarantee that he will change so even if you do you will be making a mistake to trust him wholely so instead give him space to win the trust back again. In some instances you should consult with your management staff first to hear their own view before opting to fire him or give him a second chance.

It is very good idea because you can get more feedback from employee a chance in life is very important and is a right of a employey for a miner mistake you also correct his mistake and it makes good effect.

Since no one is above mistake, I believe when an employee make mistake, they should be given a second chance, also it depends on the gravity of the offence, that will determine if such employee should get a second chance or not

Before you give a staff a second chance to working with you, you must consider the past working relationship that exist between you and concern staff. If the employee has been up and doing in the past and has a good standing record with the company, he can be given a second chance but if the error the employee committed cannot be overlooked you can let go of the employee.

Everybody have his or her short comings and we all deserve a second chance when we stumble and fall. If your staff make a mistake that unintentional you should give him a second but if your staff do bad things and intentionally i don't think that he/she deserve a second chance.

Giving second chances doesn't actually imply that certain individuals aren't bound to improve in the end. However, if the first offence is not that extreme, a court would prefer to give him a leeway. There is no need to release a convict once they have been disciplined once if the crime is sufficiently serious to justify it.

There a lot of conditions to give second chance to employee its a good idea to give chance because every one have rights to prove her self better, if he not changed her mind then its not capable to give a second chance..

Give employee second chance to do the needful things that need to do to me is even better, that second chance will help him/her to work hard to achieve what they want from him/her. Second chance for employee is better

I think it is a good thing to give a second chance to any employee because employees are human beings and they can make mistakes.He will work better then he will work hard to be good in the eyes of his boss.So giving it a second chance is a great idea, I do it

None of us are great. As people, we commit errors; a portion of an insignificant sort, exactly much more critical. Yet, we make them. Furthermore, now and then these slip-ups influence others and we need to request their pardoning. In any case, what occurs in the event that another person commits an error that influences us, and we need to conclude whether to allow them another opportunity? This inquiry is a troublesome one to reply

Given a staff second chance is not bad, but you need to put an eye on that employee, to make sure he or she has change, must staff who are given second chance tends to behave well, because they know they are on check.

If the employee is a very hard-working and committed for the progress of the company and he nowisbehave , then you can now call him or her in other or query him or her and warned that if such does happen again he will be fired.

Giving your employer or staff a second chance when they misbehave is a good way to show you still believe in them. Second chances given helps the faulty employee make things right and it's great for personal development. Everyone makes mistakes but the ability to make amends is what really matters.

Giving an employee a second chance doesn't mean you have to forgive. Instead, it is an opportunity for growth (yours and theirs). Here's how to help team members succeed after dumbbells. Sometimes employees are unaware that their performance or behavior is a problem.

It isn't a bad idea. But sometimes it depends on the gravity of the crime and to what extent it affects the business. We all make mistakes and we are human. It is better to consider the first slip as a mistake then take action if it happens again.

no matter the condition and the situation of things in life, I believe and I am very sure that everyone deserves a second chance. If you happen tovaporehend an employee who has been doing wrong in the past days and he apologizes granting him a second chance won't be a bad thing

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds