Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

on the second thought. If I'm to speak as an employer, you should give or always give any employee a second chance because no one is above mistake. I don't know of other chances ooo.... It friend on you but second chance is a must

Advertisement Placeholder
This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
giving a bad staff a second chance does not mean that you're a bad person or a foolvthatbdoesnt know what he is doing. everyone deserves some second chance and if proper repentance has been obtained, it is not a bad idea to forgive such person and move on while reinstating them in their position

Giving employees a chance back into the organization when they default in their line of duty,is a good one.
But the issue that lead to such misdemeanor should be properly addressed,against future occurrence
You have said it all. If what caused the issue in the first instance is not addressed, there maybe repetition of such behavior. So, second chance is okay if correction has been made to the cause of the behavior.

Giving another opportunity to a staff or re employed depend on the type of staff one is dealing with.
Some times there are some staff that re- employing them is dangerous to the the wellness of the company and so one need to be very careful about it.

Yes is a very good idea, cos it will definitely encourage the employee/ the employer to sit up knowing that the next time he mess us up he will be regected my his boss. But the second time will help us more and more, I have seen a similar experiences occore, where the employee became more serious and stronger.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
We all make mistakes but we don't kill.ourselves for it so also when dealing with other people, employers in this case, second chance should be given as you have rightly said, most employees get better after the first mistake so employers should learn to build trust a little bit in employees.

A staff can be given a second chance only if he admit his mistakes and can also reduce the level of trust by his employee.
And sometimes given a staff second chance will be like you are given him opportunity to do worst because he know the level of trust u have for him has diminished.And before u give him another chance,it is base on what he did that will let u give him that chance..
You are absolutely right There are many employees who do not work in one place and sometimes in another firm. I want to say that such employees should not be given a second chance.

Man makes mistakes and learns from mistakes. If we make such a mistake, if he admits his mistake, we must give him a second chance۔
Because once a person admits a mistake, he tries his best not to repeat it.

Giving an employee a second chance isn't a bad idea due to the fact that the employee has now gained experience with his/her previous mistake and is unlikely to make it again but for a stubborn employee i doubt that there's much change to be seen after a second chance

You are right. It's a matter of trust as well as the employees previous record. Sometimes you can't just fire someone who has been outstanding. This is the reason why some employers give second chances even after a messed up state

Your have asked a really important question right here. Actually, it depends. If the employee is really good, then he deserves a second chance. If you are talking about some sort of unethical behavior, then it also depends on what kind of action was comitted. Are you trying to say that should an employee be given a second chance if he steals or commits theft?

This might be ok if it happens at the end Lori is not holding a key position in the company. It can be very fertile to give an employee a second chance if it happens that they mismanaged the opportunity given to them the vital as part of the company. If such a person is a shallow mind, there is high probability that he or she may likely to repeat the same mistakes.

It think it should be base on previous record. You can not just give second chance to any body. You have to look at previous performance and how important is this individual to your firm.

It think it should be base on previous record. You can not just give second chance to any body. You have to look at previous performance and how important is this individual to your firm.

I am planning to leave my current job and join a new one. If I think my new job is not good for me, then I will switch back to my old one. I believe that employees must be given a second chance based on previous records and performance. By the grace of God, I am performing fairly.

I think it depends on who the employee is. Because sometimes a mistake is nothing too big, but if it's something that is problematic, and the employee did something illegal or broke rules. I would never re-hire that person. If it happened to be an honest mistake every once in a while, I wouldn't worry so much about it.

I think it is depend on you if your emoloyees has made the mistake and repeated the mistakes daily and loss your buisness You cannot give the second chance but if he did not do every time then you will give the second chance

Yes, sure. Depending on the magnitude of the mistake and the remorsefulness of the employee, they should be given a second chance. But only after they are admitted and promised to change. They should also show how they plan to change and do things differently.

Staff can be given second chances only if the errors committed are not grave, if errors committed are grave, such staff should either be sent away or his department changed and put under probation, giving second chances enable the staff to rethink towards developing himself to avoid future occurrences.

Giving a person a second chance means that the person will have ensure that the last mistake will not occur again and he or she will be able to allow the business to make good profit and sales.
If a person is giving a sexing chance it may be the person that will allow and make the business to grow.

From my point of view giving an employee a second chance depends on his previous behaviours and ratings,if that's his/her first mistake it can be considered,any other thing asides this,no other chances will be tolerated for the offender.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds