Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

Given an employee a second chance in your company isn't a bad one depending on the wrong doing. Their are some wrongs that doesn't require second chance, while some requires. But i don't think a forgiven worker can be trusted like before, but if he or she work hard maybe they can regain such trust back.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends on the severity of the offence , that will be what will make me give him or her a second chance, something like fraud or theft will never be condoned

Before a staff could be given a second chance, it depends on the gravity of the offence of the staff. There are is nothing bad if a staff is forgiven if the crime committed is light and can be overlooked there's nothing bad in it. We had all at some points in life also have been forgiven of our crime and sins.

As for me I believe giving staff second chance is a good idea, this is because people always learn from their mistakes and become perfect.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
it's actually not a bad idea. one of the things you can do as a good employer is giving your employees an avenue to feel important. Everyone deserves to be happy.

Apart from a staff giving any one a second chance with proper evaluation is not a bad idea. I would weigh the suituation before considering to give a second chance.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
Of course the employer may not be able to trust his or her employee again,but one thing that I know that is possible is change,so any employee that shows how serious he or she is about the change after their mistake should be giving a trust back again till he or she go back to their formal mistake.

Before a staff could be given a second chance, it depends on the gravity of the offence of the staff. There are is nothing bad if a staff is forgiven if the crime committed is light and can be overlooked there's nothing bad in it. We had all at some points in life also have been forgiven of our crime and sins.
Evaluating your words I think you are right, while "the crime committed is minor and can be overlooked" there is a second chance possible, we are all human beings and make mistakes, now if there is recidivism should be dismissed immediately.

When someone makes a mistake and is Willing to learn from their mistakes, I believe it's okay to give them that chance to right their wrongs while not repeating same thing.

A lot depends on the position of the employee, how long he has been in my business and the gravity of his offence. If I see that keeping him would corrupt other employees or degrade my company profile then am sacking him.

Its a good chance because everyone deserve a second chance to price themselves abd a pardon s always welcome its not bad when you give a second chance

Well I like giving second chance so that the employees will learn from the mistake and never to do the mistake again, and also to devote their time.

This would depend a lot on how much damage has been done, the role of the employees involves and how much they are being willing to change then I will consider.

I will start withe the word that says nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes even from the highest position to the lowest , so its good to give an employee a second chance whenever he/she made a mistake.

Giving employees a second chance after a mistake is a good idea. That is the essence of warnings at work which you get fired after a specific number pf warnings. When you give an employee a second chance, you will know whether he/she is fit for the job as seen from the improvements they make.

In life, we all need second chances, because webonly tend towards perfection but we are never perfect.we still get to make mistakes, mistakes that can be corrected, hence the need for second chances

There is nothing bad in giving second chances to your employees. It depends on the gravity of the offense tho. Some offense can't be forgiven

The value you have for an employee would determine this.It is good to give a second chance to an erring staff,especially when he has shown and acknowledge his erro and learnt from it.And also when the value such a staff has been putting into his job is not questionable,he needs to be helped in areas he is having challanged in.

Giving a staff or an employee a second chance depends on the level of offense committed to warrant a second chance or not. If the offense is not a colossal offense, then a second chance is in order

There are so many factors to consider. If your company policy allows you to give a second chance then go ahead. Then the crime or offence committed also needs to be put in consideration. There are cases that you dont need to allow the person stay in the organization. And then again the person might not really change

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds