Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

I'm not a second chance guy, I believe what people want is what they opt for at first, I honestly see second chance as being a plan b to someone else's failure and giving it, to me means a demeanour, apparently this may not be to some people as they believe mistakes could be amended but in romance, there are deeds I don't call mistakes but I call them sentiments.

Advertisement Placeholder
Actually no, not really.Not everybody merits another opportunity.

Fresh opportunities are misrepresented and regularly prompts redundancy of a similar error again , confiding in a deceitful individual.

Prior to allowing anybody another opportunity ask yourself , was it actually a legitimate mistake?Does the misstep have repercussions that can never be modified.

Since here and there individuals don't change for the time being and they are not regretful about what they did, but rather in light of the fact that they got captured.

In the event that the slip-up is something which can get amended extra time, at that point yes individuals do merit another opportunity, however cognizant endeavors ought to be produced using the side of the individual who needs to get that additional opportunity.

Unruh says leaders need to reflect on their own performance before making decisions about an employee's future. If your leadership failed, give the employee a second chance. However, if you did absolutely everything you could from a leadership standpoint, a second chance may not be called for

This could go either way. It could get the praised one head swelled and complacency sets in and he/she dips in performance. Also. It could motivate the underperforming ones to buckle up and do better for themselves and the business. Still, the boss had to be careful as to how he does this so as not to put the performing one under attack from displeased underperforming team members.

if anyone in any business organisation as a manager has the opportunity to do this our advise the person to go on and do it because this is one of the best way you can improve the relationship between the employees and the employers and they can also improve the output of your company because everyone will work in happiness and in unity.
[automerge]1613086256[/automerge]
if anyone in any business organisation as a manager has the opportunity to do this our advise the person to go on and do it because this is one of the best way you can improve the relationship between the employees and the employers and they can also improve the output of your company because everyone will work in happiness and in unity.

As most of the members have commented, it all depends on the circumstances. I think this is a process before laying off a staff. I think you can make up to two calls for attention, with written warnings. If there is a third recurrence and you have not appreciated the previous warnings, you should dismiss without thinking.

Everyone deserve a second chance even if it's a employee. Unless he commited something big and bad that you got trust issue that there's no way he won't so it again. But if it's because of just a mistake then you should forgive them and give them another chance. As human being we all make mistakes, so it's only fair to understand employees situation as well.

No one is above mistake but that statement only goes to the employee whom you know to have taken your company to a higher level. Such employee services is highly needed such there a shortcoming, so you can go ahead and give a second chance.

When on employee has done something wrong, giving the employee a second chance would depend on the nature of offence. However,there instances where such an employee, may be given a second chance and in some cases, they truly repent and do better.

It all depends on the condition surrounding his dismissal or suspension. I'll sure give a hard-working or a productive staff a second chance if the reasons for his initial dismissal is minor or not significant. Why it's good that feelings are considered all the time but that shouldn't cloud our sense of judgement.

Life does not give you a second chance. A mistakw committed is already committed. You will have to bear the consequences. You cannot go back and mend your mistake. When life does not give me a second chance why should I give someone a second chance. If an employee makes a mistake than cannot be mended, I will never take him back.

I think it is a good idea to give a bad employees a second chance because that way he or she would have exhausted all his Grace and pardon with you and everyone would know you have tried your best for him or her.

1.Make sure the employee knows there is a problem
Tell them specifically what they are doing/not doing that’s a problem and how their actions affect the workplace. Be honest, specific and compassionate about what they need to do to improve.
2.Is this behavior out of character for this person?
If an employee’s behavior or work habits suddenly change for the worse, he or she could simply be going through a rough time.

Giving a staff or a representative another opportunity or not relies upon whether he has accomplished something incorrectly which the individual can not be excusing off. Like taking from the organization or doing obscure business with the organization's name. Aside these, in the event that he is late to work or might be the person is being obstinate, the individual in question ought to be giving quarry and additional opportunity.

Everyone needs a human consideration. We all make mistakes and there are circumstances in our lives that we can be wrong. It is just right to give a second chance. Let's be kind and tolerant as we never know what the situation of an individual is. Let's show some kindness.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
Many when they are on the verge of losing their jobs ended up realising what they are about to lose and few ones will learn and become a better employee who will serve mush better than before while others think to hatch a more and deadly plot to ruin the company by doing worst than before

One can't really tell that offering someone a second chance is enough to going to make him improve. The authorities might offer someone a power if their first or main crime isn't too extreme. but when an offense is great then beyond any question will create a difference in the judgment that he will have to be granted a second chance.

I think i In business, I should give the employee a second chance because he learns a lot from the other moon. He does not repeat the mistake again.And he works hard and works hard. He realizes his mistake and he is satisfied with you.
[automerge]1613194856[/automerge]
I think i In business, I should give the employee a second chance because he learns a lot from the other moon. He does not repeat the mistake again.And he works hard and works hard. He realizes his mistake and he is satisfied with you.

Giving a staff a second chance or another opportunity will depends on sign of changes that the employer as seen in the person, everybody deserves a second chance because mistake will surely come. But if that particular staff still insist, I think there is always disengagement letter on ground.

A staff can be given a second chance only if he admit his mistakes and can also reduce the level of trust by his employee.
And sometimes given a staff second chance will be like you are given him opportunity to do worst because he know the level of trust u have for him has diminished.And before u give him another chance,it is base on what he did that will let u give him that chance..
You are right. A employee can be give a a second chance when the offense that he/she committed is not too strong. But when the offense is so critical, it's a advisable to release him/her before he/she will spoil your business.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds