Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

There should be corresponding punishment for an employee that have contravened the code of conduct of a work place.However i believe that second chance should be given to workers who has made mistake,so far it is not grievous and damaging to the business.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?

Seriously, I'm going to be very honest with you that is not something that I'm going to be very open to me as long as I am sure that such staff cannot be trusted.

If you grant too many second chances, you don't do yourself or your business any favors. Set clear expectations about what needs to change and then follow up. If your employee performs as expected, use the opportunity to praise them. If the offending behavior doesn't change, consider discipline or letting them go.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?

Seriously, depending on the gravity of what the Star actually committed in the first place before I had to sign him or her is going to determine if I'm going to let him or her back.

It depends on the situation,but one must always hear from all parties involved before conclusion on punishment to be metted out

It depends on the situation,but one must always hear from all parties involved before conclusion on punishment to be metted out
That is right. You have to know all the information about the problem before rendering punishment. The gravity of the mistake or violation will dictate the type of punishment.

There is nothing bad in giving añ employee a second chance if the employee has realised his mistakes and promised to change, you can give him a second chance.

given a staff or an employee a second chance depends on the contributions of the employee in the past to the growth of the company. It also depends on the gravity of the offence

I believe everybody in life deserve a second chance whenever they made a mistake because God also forgive our sin, but I believe it depends on the situation that will decide if the employer see serve a second chance or not.

It is just normal for people to make mistakes and go contrary to rules and regulations at times,and this implies that we should see the mistakes as just a mistake and consider a second chance because no one can be perfect

There is a level or a degree that's a staff with commit an act of atrocity that would be deemed terrible enough I would not be befitting of a second chance, for example, a staff defrauding company or a staff using it company as a loan shark, there are many things that could lead to a staff not been forgiven for and there are some things that could lead to a staff not even looked at a committed act or attitude

Giving everybody a second chance is good but not everybody deserved a second chance because when you are dishonest i will never give you a second chance.

Given an employee a second chance may be due to one thing or the other is not a bad idea.

An employee given a second chance means that he committed little offence but if offences committed May lead to the downfall of the whole system of business or company, there nothing like second chance, it is better to fire him

It solely depends on the CEO to decide but then if the worker's effort was felt within the confines of the company and maybe the case filed up is light, management can consider giving a second chance. GOOD.

Every body in this life deserve a second chance in life,a staff deserve to be given s second chance unless if he fault is beyond sympathy,then he or she can be fired

Giving your staff a second chance isn't a problem at all. But the ones that have been caught in such crimes as stealing won't be getting that second chance

It depends on the gravity of the offense and the input of such employee. If the worker is one with unique selling skills and knowledge, and his offense is pardonable, l will give such person a second chance. If it's a repeated offence without changing, l will not give such person a chance, no matter how sellable he or she is.

Everyone deserves a second chance but then it depends on how apologetic they're about their mistakes. They are people who are wrong yet claim to be right, I wouldn't give such a person another chance

There is actually no stable or simple answer for this, it can be sometimes a good thing to do, especially if the employee was a decent worker, but sometimes it can be a huge mistake since some people don't really learn from their mostakes

I am sure there are many kind-hearted people who would give second chance to their employees. This might be a big mistake because if an employee cheats you now, then he or she might also cheat you in the future. We should forgive the mistakes of other people and give them a second chance only if they want to change themselves.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds