Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

You are right but second chances should be given only if he commits certain mistakes but as for thefts, such workers should be sacked with immediate effect. Theft is one of those things that kills businesses and should not be tolerated.

Advertisement Placeholder
no it's not , in this life everyone needs a second chance , I think it will be great if you give that fellow a second chance ,you can only not give second chance to someone who is stubborn

Deciding whether to give a staff a second chance or not depend on the situation at hand, the type of offence committed, to who, why it's was done and if it's has been done before

Giving an employee a second chance is not a bad idea. It depends on the reason he was fired or had to leave. But before giving an employee a second chance you need to investigate well about his past records so you don't make a huge mistake.

Deciding whether to give a staff a second chance or not depend on the situation at hand, the type of offence committed, to who, why it's was done and if it's has been done before
That's true, it totally depends on the level of offence he or she might have done, and also the rules and regulations in place within the company should also determine what actions would be taken by the manager or business owner.

We all deserve a second chance,but I'm guessing it all depends on the gravity of the offense that was committed

I believe most staff deserve second chance if the offence is not severe and it's first. Second chance have a way of bringing the best out of the staff and improve productivity. But the offense is reoccurring and severe the best thing is to relief the staff of his or her Job.

I believe everyone deserves a second chance even in business. It's actually cool if you give your employee a second chance. They hardly misuse the opportunity

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
We all need a second chance in our life,no matter how perfect we try to be we are bound to fall short or make wrong steps,we should try our best to help or give assistance to whom it's due.

Giving a second chance to someone doesn't really mean that he is bound to change. But if the offense at first isn't that serious, he can be given a leverage. But when the offense is great, that should help decide if he would receive a second chance or not.
We are of the same opinion. Characters is the hardest thing to change in human. Sometimes giving second chances would be considered a waste of time

Giving a staff a second chance is not bad, it just depends on the behaviour and attitude of the staff but come times if the crime committed is great then forgiven might not be an option.

Given second chance for someone it doesn't serve as he will change not to often repeating his mistakes, it only serves as opportunities for.

I think everybody deserves a second chance some people just need an opportunity to prove themselves and most of the time mistake happened and nobody is bigger than mistakes so second chances were given to people who deserve it

Depending on the crime he or she committed, the person forgiven. Another thing is that if the person was a competent staff, you'll have to consider.

It depends on what kind of activity that he or she was engaged in before the initial sanction or query. Some actions do not warrant second chances

It's actually not a bad idea although some strict managers won't tolerate it. A second chance to someone who defaults would make the employee step up his/her game and to give in their best, but I got one won't consider a third chance for a similar silly mistake

A staff should be given a second chance if the offense is not really outstanding and is not detrimental to the financial status of the company

Giving a second chance to someone doesn't really mean that he is bound to change. But if the offense at first isn't that serious, he can be given a leverage. But when the offense is great, that should help decide if he would receive a second chance or not.

Yes, you are right. I know about some companies that do not provide a second chance to employees and they refer them to the human resource department if the crime is committed and the human resource decides if they will suspend him or retain him.

For minor offence, the employer should be give a second chance, however, if the offence is very big, for instance embezzling company's money, I do not think it is a good idea to give a second chance.

I think everybody deserves a second chance some people just need an opportunity to prove themselves and most of the time mistake happened and nobody is bigger than mistakes so second chances were given to people who deserve it
There are people who deserve a second chance indeed. If they genuinely choose to change their behaviour or what they did was a one time mistake, giving them a second chance would not be such a bad idea. Especially when the person is highly skilled for the job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds