Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Giving a staff/employee a second chance, good or bad idea?

Once a staff has accepted that her/ she made a mistake and such staff is asking for a second chance then i think it is only right as an employer to give the employee a second chance especially if the position is still vacation but the employee would have to be under close observation.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?
As you have just said, it's under probability. Some employees learn from their mistakes and change positively. while some if given such pardon goes on to do the worst.

In as much as we sin and ask God for forgiveness and he forgives us our inequities and gave us a second chance to amend our behaviour, I believe giving an employee a second chance is good.

This will depend on the offence they have committed, but in a situation in which they are being caught with dubious and stealing it might really be very difficult for me to forgive you because I wont be comfortable having you back into the business.

Well it is normal for humans to make mistake and so it is not bad to actually give employees second chances,we also have to be considerate and understand them

Well as for me I think giving a staff the second Chance is either good or bad deed will enable him to know how important he or she is in the company or in a firm, secondly it will be able to boost the kind of qualities he or she has within the system.

It would depend on the level of the first error and the reputation of my business.
I wouldn't let anyone close down my business for any reason by giving them a second chance

Giving an employee a second chance is not a bad idea. It depends on the reason he was fired or had to leave. But before giving an employee a second chance you need to investigate well about his past records so you don't make a huge mistake.
Yes, i do not think giving employees a second chance is a bad idea.
Personally, i would check the extent of wrong the employer did, if he or she deserves a second chance, then that is okay.

This is indeed a matter of trust, as many managers or business owners have tried to rehabilitate a problematic staffer. Some have succeeded why others have let the employee go. If a stubborn employee is being given a second chance after much pleading, is there anything the employer will gain from such employee? On the other hand, can such employee be fully trusted again ? I have come to realize that many employees do Change positively after their first mistake, but the problem is, can they be trusted again?

if he did something wrong and I kicked him out, I won't give him a second chance. the mistake can be repeated. I don't want to argue with the world over an employee.

if he did something wrong and I kicked him out, I won't give him a second chance. the mistake can be repeated. I don't want to argue with the world over an employee.
But you have to understand that we all make mistakes in different areas of life, in a situation in which the mistake isn't really serious I believe you do not have to use it against him to a point of kicking him out.

Considerimg the fact that We are all humans and are bound to mistakes,its good to give second chance to your employee after pleading, if the mistake was not done intentionally.

Before you couid make the decision of giving the staff the second Chance, the gravity of the offence is still bearable..if the gravity of the crime committed is huge, there wouldn't be second chance.

It's dependent on the offence committed and the circumstances that surrounded his termination.
I've been given second chances because after investigations, it was always seen that I was never at fault and I always gave my best as well.

We all in our lives have made one mistakes or the other and i beleive if given the opportunity to atone for our sin, that will be the best way of for giving an employee and giving them time to work on their mistakes.

I usually try to have a no-nonsense policy whenever it comes to the company integrity and I thought I might likely not spear anybody who has done damage to the company or has the potential to do more.

Most employee when given a second chance sees it as a means of committing more havoc on your business . you must be very sure of who you are dealing with if you you are operating a business to avoid a regret .

I believe since we always pray to God for forgiveness and he gives us another chance to retrace our step and mend our ways , we should always learn how to forgive and give our workers a second chance

I believe since we always pray to God for forgiveness and he gives us another chance to retrace our step and mend our ways , we should always learn how to forgive and give our workers a second chance
It's not out of place to show forgiveness to employees who are remorseful about their actions. There is always room to learn from our mistakes.

A staff can be given a second chance only if he admit his mistakes and can also reduce the level of trust by his employee.
And sometimes given a staff second chance will be like you are given him opportunity to do worst because he know the level of trust u have for him has diminished.And before u give him another chance,it is base on what he did that will let u give him that chance..
Depending the offense the employee committed can actually determine if actually to give he second chance or not, if the employee committed something serious I can never give the person the second chance please.

Giving your employee a second chance is not bad especially if what they did is something that is forgivable. You also have to be careful with what you tolerate so as others do not see you as weak.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds