Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Family issues and problems in business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most times I have witnessed people take goods or receive services but won't pay, all in the name of 'the owner is my brother/sister' so I don't need to pay. This happen between husbands and wives too. But is this really appropriate? This is someone's means of livelihood, so I feel that unless the person willingly gives it, it is cruel and unfair to forcefully take things without paying, whether you're family or not. Remember, no family in business
What is your opinion on this?
A lot of people experience this issue. A family member should pay for the goods and services he/she uses. If everyone engage in this act, how would business grow. The capital would also be affected. If family and friends wants to help a member progress, its just right for them to pay for what they use.

Advertisement Placeholder
Concerning the business and family. I believe the two are different entity or category which shouldn't be in interference with each other. The family shouldn't cause problem to the marketand same goes to the market

If you want a successful business, don't mix the proportion of business and families together.they are two different thing,your business should be out of bounds to everyone including your families and friends,it's not bad to assist your family but it's after doing business together you can talk about family issue.

I will always suggest to stay away from family joining businesses because there are some personal issue which held in the very beginning and than after joining business in family it arises so kindly stay away and do business yourself.

To do a business person should not be depressed and totally relax by family because if there is so many family disturbance definitely it hard to focus and it can not be happen good when these both things get merged

Issues and problem are always pop up in the business when it comes to family business these issues becomes more harsh most of the times.its better to keep business and family metters in balance but its quote difficult because whatever try you give to keep both things on balance still any matter will create problem.

It is very important for family business to plan ahead before starting a business, business grows when family and pay for their services rendered to thhe, business issues should not be discuss in the family,

The family and business should be separate , there should not be interference between the business transaction, and the family .

It is of great importance to always keep family members away from one's business because it saves a lot of stress and unnecessary argument. Because family tend to take things for granted because they feel you are related and they is nothing you can do to them because you are closely related.

Most times I have witnessed people take goods or receive services but won't pay, all in the name of 'the owner is my brother/sister' so I don't need to pay. This happen between husbands and wives too. But is this really appropriate? This is someone's means of livelihood, so I feel that unless the person willingly gives it, it is cruel and unfair to forcefully take things without paying, whether you're family or not. Remember, no family in business
An important rule in business is to treat the business as a separate entity, family and friends should be excluded from your business, if however you happen to do business with them then there should be no preferential treatment treatment given to them, else your business might crash sooner than later.

Lack of succession planning – Indian family businesses is facing major challenge of succession planning. Succession means change from one generation to another. It means change of leadership. It also involves set of emotional issues, accepting new responsibilities, change of leadership issues.
Managing These Threats
  1. Clearly, define the goals of the company and make sure everyone is on the same page.
  2. Outline each family employee's role and responsibilities and hold them accountable.
  3. Keep an open line of communication at all times.
  4. Address all concerns quickly and in a non-emotional manner.

Ex
An important rule in business is to treat the business as a separate entity, family and friends should be excluded from your business, if however you happen to do business with them then there should be no preferential treatment treatment given to them, else your business might c
An important rule in business is to treat the business as a separate entity, family and friends should be excluded from your business, if however you happen to do business with them then there should be no preferential treatment treatment given to them, else your business might crash sooner than later.
You have a point. Giving preferential treatments to family is never a good idea, but most people don't know how to say no to things like this, mostly because they don't want to get on their bad sides. If we want our business to thrive, we shouldn't allow our family treat it anyhow.

I have said and always say this that business should be strictly business! Families, friends, and acquaintances should not be given the impression that they could come to your place of business and take goods or receive services freely all in the name of being a family member. This ought not to be! When these same people ruin the business, they will claim that it was your incompetence and excessive spending that ruined your business and moreso they didn't ask you to give them things free or offer services for free. We all need to be aware of this and make changes where possible.
[automerge]1611179712[/automerge]
I have said and always say this that business should be strictly business! Families, friends, and acquaintances should not be given the impression that they could come to your place of business and take goods or receive services freely all in the name of being a family member. This ought not to be! When these same people ruin the business, they will claim that it was your incompetence and excessive spending that ruined your business and moreso they didn't ask you to give them things free or offer services for free. We all need to be aware of this and make changes where possible.
thumbnail.jpg

Pain In Your Joints Will Vanish Once And For...
Pain In Your Joints Will Vanish Once And For All​
secure.calch.gdn​

Last edited:
Determine what is the most difficult task and attack it first. That will help you get out of work on time and go home to your family. If you have a family event in the evening, it is much easier to leave a small task to the morning instead of a large, difficult task.

Your families and friends are to help you build your business,they are no cause havock to your buisness.do not mix them together because family or friend won't pay your bills when purchasing or stocking your shop, always tell them you can help them in another way but not through your business.

Family issues should be kept away from the business, if the family involve into the business, then the business will go far behind and there will be no profit and the business will go towards losses and go into big problems and crisis then it recovery will be difficult.

The family idea is not favourable to business. Less wonder a tribe says no padi for jungle. The more of friends, family or familiarity in the business, the more the business begins to sink or fail. You can not react if a family tampers with your goods and services due to the fact that they are family members or close. They would be the first to publicize the failure. So, they are to be kept at arm's length.

Family issues should be kept away from the business, if the family involve into the business, then the business will go far behind and there will be no profit and the business will go towards losses and go into big problems and crisis then it recovery will be difficult.
Exactly, we know that family is important. After all, they are the only ones we've got in the end. However, how they treat the business is important as well. If they have any regards for it, if they want it to thrive, then they will have to stop picking things without paying. At least that level of consideration should be there.

It is always best to separate business from family whenever you plan on starting any business because issues like this are always bound to happen. When it comes to business, you have to be very strict with family members. Sometimes, even if the owner offers it to be free because it's family, I think it's better to refuse it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds