Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Should there be family treatment in business?

Yes, This is the truth. Though I have come across that quote before And I realize it is nothing short of the truth.
Business can only grow when Family and Friends treat it as one.
Patronise your Family that has a business and make sure you pay for the service.

Well, I have a really different perspective. I believe that each and every person in the business must be treated as a member, even if they literally do not belong to your family in the first place.

Advertisement Placeholder
Well, I have a really different perspective. I believe that each and every person in the business must be treated as a member, even if they literally do not belong to your family in the first place.
Yes, I like your perspective. In as much as they are involved in your business. Then they are Family. It takes a lot of trust and competency to be able to hire someone into a business.

Well I think family treatment in business comes in different perspectives, it may be as to treatment of your workers as family or using the business income to.meet up with the needs of your family members.

Which I believe it will be avery wrong decision because the business won't experience changes in terms of growth and development.

Every workers must be treated equally and fairly at work in order to have a succesful business outcome, if you give a special treatment to people because they are family , it will negatively affect the business .
That's exactly the point everyone wants to be treated In a ood way,but some people still don't get it, if you really want to make success and then you have to work hard towards getting that success.

That is a very true statement and I've been saying it for a while. if you want to succeed in a business venture you shouldn't give your products out for free whether to your friends or your family unless you are doing a promo.

There are many businesses that offer free samples. I think that sampling is quite different from what you are discussing. Anyway, it is still related to that. Sampling has made many companies popular and I think that it is a wonderful marketing strategy. What do you say?

Prenfential or family treatment in business should be erased in a company if you as the owner of the company want the business to succeed , because once you start giving people special treatment, the company will be negatively affected.
A business person who does not instill discipline will probably make a lot of losses because of situations like this. In my own perspective it does not make sense to give preferential treatment to anyone in a business environment.

Most of the big companies would allow the families of their employees to get medical treatment and they will pay for the hospital bills . Ultimately , it's one of the things that must be provided for the employees.

I think that depends. Because there are such things as mom and pop shops or stores where family are the sole runners of the business. Sometimes leaving the business to their children. There's nothing wrong with working with family as long as you all know what needs to be done and what the job entails. When it comes to general work, like in an office setting, I don't see family mixing well, but other jobs family work fine together in. Farming is a big one, along with running stores, shops, family medical practices, etc.

Most of the big companies would allow the families of their employees to get medical treatment and they will pay for the hospital bills . Ultimately , it's one of the things that must be provided for the employees.
Most businesses have the responsibility of taking care of the medical conditions of their employees. Some of them even enroll their employees into insurance. But in this scenario that is a different case.

In as much as you should not put so much family treatment in business you cannot completely treat your family members exactly as you are treating your clients.
The most important thing is that in any action we are taking we have to measure the disadvantage it will have in our business before any further steps.

If the family keeps on taking things from the shop without paying for them, they are just preparing for the business to fail. It would seem small but it is accumulating and would hurt the business badly.
Well said, when it comes to business, notting is too small. Families and friends are usually the first ones to patronize the business at the early stage, but that does not mean they wont have to pay simply because they are your family. For me the highest i do most times is to reduce the price for them, but i still make sure i get a little profit from it.

The size and structure of the firm, the nature of the industry, and the personalities and relationships of the people involved are just a few of the variables that determine whether or not family treatment is suitable in business. Several businesses have done a good job of integrating family members into their workforce while upholding a high standard of fairness and professionalism. Others have experienced strife and nepotism.

I think this is a dangerous and reckless thing to do, treating family differently in business. There must be a line for everyone, and family does not qualify for special treatment if we want to keep it professional and business focused. There are family and business being destroyed in my country for having special treatments to family. It does not really bode well from what I normally hear in my country.

I do not think you should give your products and services for free to your friends and family as you are a business trying to make money. It is really good to give them huge discounts as they will do free promotion for you

Unfortunately, there will always be relatives who will try to take advantage of your business. They may never pay you. Offering products for free to really close family members is understandable, though.

When I entered one store today I saw it written at the entrance that ‘business grows when family and friends pay for the services rendered to them’. I could not help but nod at the truthfulness of the statement. There should be no family in business, you should pay for every services rendered to you. Perhaps later if you can receive help, but you have to pay the equivalent of what you purchased first. So it is important to separate family treatment from business.

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing like family treatment in business because there is a business policy to be observed which should put everyone on the same level of treatment so that there will be a standard mode of operation.

The decision to implement family treatment in business should consider the specific context, culture, and values of the organization. It's essential to strike a balance between fostering a supportive work environment and maintaining professionalism, fairness, and equal opportunities for all employees.

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing like family treatment in business because there is a business policy to be observed which should put everyone on the same level of treatment so that there will be a standard mode of operation.

I think that family and business should be kept separate. People who involve family members may face many problems later on. They may have to compromise a lot when it comes to hiring a family member. This is why it is quite important to address this issue clearly when it comes to hiring a family member.

I think that family and business should be kept separate. People who involve family members may face many problems later on. They may have to compromise a lot when it comes to hiring a family member. This is why it is quite important to address this issue clearly when it comes to hiring a family member.

To a very big extent I actually agree with you but some family members will feel that whenever you are not carrying them along in the particular family business that you are doing, that you are being selfish and not wanting them to get involved and also be successful as well.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds