Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Family issues and problems in business

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just want o say that lets normalize cuttting off people even though they are family memberes that is very unhealthy for us. Those toxic family members are needed to be improve their lifestyle and in order to help them you need to cut them off to grown on their self.

Advertisement Placeholder
This is very common among the family that depends on the entrepreneur to survive. They abuse the privilege by going the extra mile to forcefully take things without the owner's consent. This shouldn't be happening.

Family and business are two different things, they both need your time.For this you have to manage your time and for that you have to find time.Time is of the essence for a business because you have to work hard for it and the business grows as you know how to do business and you need time for that.

I totally agree with your statement. Yes there are some people around you amd this kind of people live everywhere in the earth. They do not pay just saying that he is my relative etc. As concern husband does or wife does this type of stuff that is bit fine but for else you can not take freely unless they gift you. Just pay appropriate money of those goods.

Taking from the business without paying is like killing the business gradually. There is a clear difference between my brother owns this personally and this is a business. That line shouldn't be crossed.

There are many challenges. Just because people are family does not mean they get along. So first challenge can be family harmony.Often there are different generations which may have different goals. The older generation often wants to play it safe -the younger one may want to prove themselves by high growth/expansion etc. It is tough keeping all aspirations in sync.One other problem I have seen is difference in ability and lifestyle.

Most times I have witnessed people take goods or receive services but won't pay, all in the name of 'the owner is my brother/sister' so I don't need to pay. This happen between husbands and wives too. But is this really appropriate? This is someone's means of livelihood, so I feel that unless the person willingly gives it, it is cruel and unfair to forcefully take things without paying, whether you're family or not. Remember, no family in business
What is your opinion on this?
GG, of course, there are a lot of losses in business for our relatives And in one of my neighborhoods, a man has set up a grocery store And her younger siblings come and pick up a lot of things and take them to the free account And the relationship is so good that they pay for it and take it away This makes it a big problem for relatives Which, of course, made the video an overnight sensation

Hostile takeover of the board of directors to the family business. ...
Family business owners sometimes don't have legitimate successors. ...
Division among the legitimate successors of the family business. ...
Arranged marriages to fortify the prestige and position of the family business can happen.

Oh dear!! This is actually a thing. Family members pick up fights with you for not getting employed but when you eventually do, they behave anyhow because they know you will find it hard to replace them or even find someone to supervise them. It is a bad place to be.

Family issues and businesses issues are two different thing entirely cus you have or run business,then its strictly business.. You have a have a family that doesn't wanna heed to that rule ....rule them out of your customers or client cus if anything funny happens you'll be on your own.

the most common challenges facing family businesses today are given below which create the problems
Family problems. ...
Informal culture and structure. ...
Pressure to hire family members. ...
Lack of training. ...
High turnover of non-family employees. ...
Sources for growth. ...
Lack of an external view.

Excellent point, for every business the major aim is at profit, but when relative tend to emblazed or bankrupt the business all in the name of the family, I guess there won't be anything to be called business then. In my own opinion, I would suggest they should be restricted from picking goods without payment except the owner says otherwise also if that proves to be difficult in some situation why not employ staff and make an outright instruction on discipline towards anyone that comes without legal tender to transact to be discarded.

Family and business should be kept seperate. It is better to go into a business with a trusted allies than going into a business with some members of the family, because family business is very difficult to organize. There are some things which you can not change when you are in a family business. Most times, ruthless decisions are hard to make without causing conflicts

It all boils down to how well the business is recognized, the amount of profit it generates and inability to secure a tangible work.
These are where the problem generates in a family business and there's also this problem of inheritance by the first son even when he's not suitable to run the business.

We share the same opinion. I don't think it's right to constantly ask the family members who has a business to give you free stuff. Sometimes, even if the owner offers it to be free because it's family, I think it's better to refuse it. They work so hard for it and relies on its profit to pay their expenses.
One thing we need to Know about family and business is that, to make a business grown effectively, family and friends must be treat equally and if someone want to give a discount it should not be too much.

No it is not appropriate.
You have to set boundaries, let your family know what you will accept and what you won't. Don't mix business with family pleasure. Family members have this sense of entitlement and this is not good for business. You can offer them discounts instead of selling on credit all the time, come up with a more convenient payment plan for them.

One thing we need to Know about family and business is that, to make a business grown effectively, family and friends must be treat equally and if someone want to give a discount it should not be too much.
That's right. It's okay to give discount but it's important not to abuse the owner's kindness. It might be okay to give free once in a while, but not everytime you come in. We must remember thay entrepreneur faces expenses, not just profits.

such an opportunity should not exist in a standard business organisation when a family member keep on taking goods and services without paying them the business is at a very high risk of collapsing if care is not taken,you only need to do things that will promote your business and not things that will bring down your business.

Yes, there is no family in business. Most people that fails in there various businesses today, if you investigate, you will discover that most fail because of their family. If you consider family in your business too much, your business may not test the tast of time.

My opinion is the same with what you already wrote; no family in business. Business is not something you favour people with or try to entertain people with. Your business is like a source of livelihood if anything should happen to your business it will surely affect your whole life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds