Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Family issues and problems in business

Status
Not open for further replies.
This aspect needs to be really addressed. Some family members feels so entitled that they do not different business from family affair. If care is not taken, they may make one's business fold up. Some family members just want the money from the business and are not concerned with how the money comes

Advertisement Placeholder
All businesses face challenges, whether it is dealing with the changing economy, finding and hiring the right employees, or increased competition in the market. Family-owned businesses are not immune to these challenges.In fact, there is also a unique set of challenges that family-owned businesses have to face as a result of the nature of their business structure. It is important to understand what these hurdles are so that if you find yourself facing these issues, you can not only identify them, but you can proactively develop ways to overcome them.
Most times I have witnessed people take goods or receive services but won't pay, all in the name of 'the owner is my brother/sister' so I don't need to pay. This happen between husbands and wives too. But is this really appropriate? This is someone's means of livelihood, so I feel that unless the person willingly gives it, it is cruel and unfair to forcefully take things without paying, whether you're family or not. Remember, no family in business
What is your opinion on this?
Most times I have witnessed people take goods or receive services but won't pay, all in the name of 'the owner is my brother/sister' so I don't need to pay. This happen between husbands and wives too. But is this really appropriate? This is someone's means of livelihood, so I feel that unless the person willingly gives it, it is cruel and unfair to forcefully take things without paying, whether you're family or not. Remember, no family in business
All businesses face challenges, whether it is dealing with the changing economy, finding and hiring the right employees, or increased competition in the market. Family-owned businesses are not immune to these challenges.In fact, there is also a unique set of challenges that family-owned businesses have to face as a result of the nature of their business structure. It is important to understand what these hurdles are so that if you find yourself facing these issues, you can not only identify them, but you can proactively develop ways to overcome them.

I don't think it's bad to do business with a family. If you follow the rules and regulations, then you have to respect their wishes. And it is better that you do business with a percentage, so you will not face difficulties in percentage.

Yeah man. Not everyone wants to give their services for free whether the person is so close or not. It is a type of getting forced to show goodness. But still some people are there who care more about their close ones.

This aspect needs to be really addressed. Some family members feels so entitled that they do not different business from family affair. If care is not taken, they may make one's business fold up. Some family members just want the money from the business and are not concerned with how the money comes
When I think about it it makes me very angry family members are supposed to contribute to the growth of a business. but some are running it with the entitlement mentality. we need to make them change this attitude of theirs if we want our businesses to be successful.

It is really unfair that such kinds of things happen. In my rural area, many businesses fail because of this issue. The owner of the business should be really strict even with such family members. It is better they be mad at you but you save your business.

i used to face this issue long time ago, there comes time when you have to be honest and tell them directly that you are paying for that goods and not getting it for free, so they should pay, unless you want to gift them that
This is a great decision, let them know that you are running a business. If you want to give them a gift or present then that is an entirely different thing, but your business is your means of livelihood and it should be treated as such.
[automerge]1611307689[/automerge]
One has to be very careful with our business when it comes to family members. Like you said most of them don't want to know how the money comes in they are just interested in the money and if your business folds up, no one will be ready to offer assistance to you.

When a family has money worries, it's easy to get frustrated and upset — and if you feel that way, you're far from alone. Parents also might be more stressed out than usual. They might argue more and worry about how to pay for things.

Naturally, this can put extra stress on you, too, especially because parents' money problems aren't something you have any control over. But although you can't solve family money troubles, you may find that contributing in some way helps you feel better.

Anyone will do as much as its is for the sake of the family especially on the 1st degree we can tell for an example of that is parents that will do all support for they're family we can call it love and care for the family, but if there's a people or company that need a help maybe they must conclude they 're ready to give even compensation to anyone who can help them.

I think if we are living together as a family then we shouldn't keep anything away from them. They should be allowed to use what thay want. But if you are not living together and have own houses and sources of income, then one should pay for it, what they buy. This happens in our family too, but nothing is free for those who have own houses either they are brothers or sisters.

Most people should know or learn that business is one's means of livelihood and shouldn't be treated with familiarity irrespective of who you are either husband, wife, children, siblings or friends you should know that business is business relationship should not be put in except the owner of the business decides to give his or her goods out all in the name of familiarity.

When it comes to business your family must be separated from it, business is business while family is family. Any family member that want to buy goods must pay for the goods he is buying. Once a business start to sells things on credit to family members the business may not last long. It's not all the family members that is considerate when it comes to paying back their debts.

Family dominated business is good but I think with the problems that you have enumerated so far with it in which the disadvantages is more than the advantage, it is not a very good idea to dominate a business or company with family mmembers as it will not truly being out the growth that the business is expected to project.

Hmm people said business is different and family is different if you contact your family in your business and you allow them to make what they like from your business you may not gain in the business .you may loss , so can you please separate family from your business and made the money to take care of your family.

This is a very serious issue especially in Africa as I can not say how it is in other part of the world.
For business to strive friends and families should pay for products and services if the business wants to be competitive. Even if the company is a family business or setup under family understanding its need to grow, there for it has to run as a business. In my view business should be totally separated from family.

This is a very serious issue especially in Africa as I can not say how it is in other part of the world.
For business to strive friends and families should pay for products and services if the business wants to be competitive. Even if the company is a family business or setup under family understanding its need to grow, there for it has to run as a business. In my view business should be totally separated from family.
Good point. Unfortunately, people don't understand that there should be a difference between family and business. It shows lack of consideration on the part of those family members. For the business to thrive, there should be no exceptions from paying.

Yeah you are right one of the problems we face more in business is friends and family who have an entitled mentality towards your business. It is very important for us to understand that business and family are two separate things, when you are buying goods from a friend or a family store you should learn to pay for your good or service, it is left in the hands of the business owner to decide whether to give you a discount or not. If he chooses to, fine be grateful and if he chooses not too, don't loose your cool, he set the business up with his own money and not yours

It is always best to separate business from family whenever you plan on starting any business because issues like this are always bound to happen and the only way you can deal with them is by setting those boundaries at the very beginning. This is my point of view

Of course it's bad , and these are the factors that contribute to business failures. I'll advise such business owner to be very strict with family patronage, of at all a little discount can be given to recognise family ties but no freebies.

Yes that is the best thing to do. Business owners need to make it clear to their families that such kind of dealings will not be tolerated. He can offer discounts once in a while or even exempt them from paying sometimes, but it shouldn't be regularly, otherwise he will kiss his business goodbye.
Of course it's bad , and these are the factors that contribute to business failures. I'll advise such business owner to be very strict with family patronage, of at all a little discount can be given to recognise family ties but no freebies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds