Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Between existing customers and new customers which one someone needs to give special treatment?

An existing customer enters a shop you were about to be attended to by the shop owner or sales girl. Then the owner suddenly stopped from completing the transaction with you and settled the old familiar customer. How would you feel returning to that shop again?

Advertisement Placeholder
An existing customer is customer that has been patronizing you for long and keep on doing so while new customer is the one that just patronize you newly. In my own view, both of them are so very important in business setting and even for business growth. As for you which one will you prefer to treat specially?
Of course both. But if the scenario they enter your store at the same time (example your business is clothing boutique), for me, I will first talk to and accommodate my existing loyal customer, but I will first serve the new customer to show my loyal customer how I gained his trust when he first entered my store to have a business with me. By that, my existing customers will be even more impressed because my dealings with new clients are still the same.

please be very careful how you handle customers .all customers are important as far as your business is concerned .old or new customers you have to treat everyone with respect .they are both important in the development of your business

I think all customers should be treated well, no matter how long they have been patronising you. Interpersonal relationship is among the core principles that should be applied in business running. That implies that you should relate well with all customers, all the time.

I don't really believe in giving preferential treatment to either the old customers or new customers. Dont get me wrong I would care and provide for the things that my customers need and I think I would like to provide a great customer service without discrimination about how long they have been patronizing me.

Both customers are equally as important. If you are building new customers it is vital to understand getting new customers and dropping old ones is wrong in as much as you want to keep new customers you need to build our customers relationship very well by giving attention to both the new and old ones respectively for your business to thrive

On this i believe for any business to grow both existing and new customers are very important ,one can only give the new customers more attention just for him or her to keep patronizing you, existing customer can bring more customers for you while new customers may likely walk away if he or she is not convinced

Its really hard to differentiate the old and new one customer to treat with but make new customers with good service, reliability and quality. Once you behave well with new customers they will be permanent . Treat good to old customers too.

In business, one has to be very careful in dealings, both customers should be treated equally and specifically, if you give the new customer special treatment at the expense of the old customers that patronize you always, that's a big mistake because the new customer might not even return again.

Both new and existing customers are equally important. Just make sure you provide a conducive environment for both type of customers to feel safe and secure transacting with you. No preferential treatment shoukd be given

Both should be treated like new customers. Ensure you engage them in conversation with enthusiasm. Try to win them over when offering them your product. Your attitude towards them should be positive.

Among the existing customer and new customers the one that should get preferential treatment should be the new customers. But to the best of my knowledge both of them needs preferential treatment because you need to keep the existing ones to attract the new customers

When it come to this, it is a very dicey situation because one cannot choose between two of them. Both need special treatment, as you need both to keep your business running. When you open a business, you open for bot caliber of customer, moreover old customer are more loyal than the new ones who expect a lot from you.

An existing customer is customer that has been patronizing you for long and keep on doing so while new customer is the one that just patronize you newly. In my own view, both of them are so very important in business setting and even for business growth. As for you which one will you prefer to treat specially?
If the new customer is coming from an angle where he will make you enjoy more stress free trade and you will make more profitable by dealing with him, I will say he should be given more special treatment than the old customers, but all in all profits is the main thing

Both the old and new customers deserves special treatment from you so therefore in essence you are supposed to treat all your customers specially regardless of whether they are old or new customers. The thing is that all customers are special and you should treat them as such. thank you

Both old and new customers and or clients deserve special treatment as this helps in retaining these customers and or clients for smooth running of future business deals and referrals as well as strengthening the relationship of such customers and or clients .

As for me
As for me no customer is special every customer is the same neither old nor new, as long as both of them will give me my money after I render them my services I think I will have to worship them because they are my small god.

New and old customers are always needed in a business You give them the same preferential treatment because the old customers has been doing business with and therefore is loyal to you while the new one is about to trust you and do business with you so you must strive to get the new ones and retain them

You have rightly said, old and existing customers are both important. The old customer was once new before becoming old and the new one will also become old. But In terms of giving special treatment, the customer that behaves well gets it, whether old or new. That is my take.

All customers are important and deserve special treatment being it a new or old customer according to me I think old customers need to be given special treatment because they have been with the business from time only.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds