Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

It is always advisable not to despise your days of little beginning. Well, if my salary is slashed to 50 percent, I may not design if I have not yet secured another job.Resigning when you have not yet secured another job is risky and it could take you a long time to secure s better job. Hold on to that job while you search for another one.
You are very correct, although I must be able to understand the reason for that, then if it's the reason is reasonable i would patiently wait until I get a better offer rather than quiting the job like that

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends if my salary is slash is 50 percent we not resign, because I will like to know the reason why if it justified then I will not resign due to the work, it I can accept but if not then I will just look for another job.

I agree with you on this. There are countries where getting a new job is such a difficult task especially considering the high number of unemployed people. So, finding a way to resolve the issue with the company is a good measure instead of calling it quits.

In the current situation, it is very sad news to reduce the salary by 50% without any reason. I will investigate why my salary is low. If there is a solid reason, I will not resign. If it is low for no reason, I will resign immediately. Because in the current situation, living on a low salary is a difficult task.

You are very correct, although I must be able to understand the reason for that, then if it's the reason is reasonable i would patiently wait until I get a better offer rather than quiting the job like that
As long as there is a good reason why the salary was cut off up to 50%, it would be tried to reasoned with although it would be very hard to understand such act because 50% salary cut is way too big. For crying out loud, those staff make expenses to come to work every day.

The simple act of slashing the salary would cause almost anyone to resign, regardless of how much money they lost. Any boss who would cut someones salary in half unless a deserved demotion isn't a good one. Dependent on what the job title was sometimes a demotion may mean somewhere around 20% loss but half is something that would make anyone disappointed and angry.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Of course I will resign because if the total salary which I am taking presently is meeting with my needs how I can continue my work if my salary will be decreased to 50%.
I will immediately resign and try to find out another opportunity which can give me monthly income near to my present income.

Of course I will resign because if the total salary which I am taking presently is meeting with my needs how I can continue my work if my salary will be decreased to 50%.
I will immediately resign and try to find out another opportunity which can give me monthly income near to my present income.
I have come to understand in life that if one door closes, another one will open immediately. Sticking to a job where you are not valued and treated like crap isn't worth it and to top it all, they will still end up cutting your salary to 50% without any just cause, it's not worth it to stay.

I have come to understand in life that if one door closes, another one will open immediately. Sticking to a job where you are not valued and treated like crap isn't worth it and to top it all, they will still end up cutting your salary to 50% without any just cause, it's not worth it to stay.
You are absolutely right dear opportunities are always come to us we should have enough in encouragement so that we can take a risk.
We should try to find a better job instead of living on our 50% lower salary.

If the salary is slashed because maybe the company is going down or maybe the company is ona bad time then it's reasonable as far you are not the only staff whose salary is slashed... But if only you are victimized then just resign no need for legal action.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Allah Almighty's land is very big. If we don't get one such opportunity, we will get another one or the other.If our salary is 50% done, we should resign immediately and look for another chance.Hard work is never in vain. If we really have talent, we will definitely get a good job.

Well if am to resign in because of Slash of salary by 50% it will be good when I get another job that is realizable because unemployment comes with somany negative vibe

Allah Almighty's land is very big. If we don't get one such opportunity, we will get another one or the other.If our salary is 50% done, we should resign immediately and look for another chance.Hard work is never in vain. If we really have talent, we will definitely get a good job.
Exactly, you will have to want something so bad and then make move towards getting it, if Allah wills it, you will definitely get it. But staying without doing anything is wrong in the face of Allah. I will work when the condition to work is good and encouraging for me.

If my salary was reduced without due process even if it is 10% I would leave. I like the job i have now but at the same time I should be compensated even if not compensated enough but I won't accept any breach of agreement without due process.

This is a very tough question to answer, but firstly we hope we won't witness such but if such should happen , we need to first ask why the salary was slashed ? Is it that you have perform below their expectations? You will know this yourself, is it that the company is going bankrupt for other external factors? all this can be tangible and reasonable reasons to slash of salary , in any way you will need to analyse and confirm if the new salary can effectively takecare of your expenses if yes no need to resign but if no then I will resign

Slashing my salary by 50% will be tantamount to the original agreement reach by my employer, and this will alter alot of plans and goal i might have in working in that organization. If such a development should erupt I met likely weigh my options, if there are alternatives I met consider leaving the job.

If my salary was slashed without duly notifying me before hand, the I will resign immediately from the job, what's a job that has no value for her employees.

But if I was duly informed with concrete evidence, then I will consider it

This same issue was with ozil I think with arsenal before he left. Although the pandemic caused a lot of decrease in sale and revenue, no doubt about that but before you take any action like that you av to inform your employee about it and give them option. simple as that.

50% is too much,I would very much quit such job unless I am getting other benefits from the job and the job is a pleasant one but still I think I would very much quit such a job. And besides, there would or rather should be be a good reason to the salary slash.
[automerge]1612116194[/automerge]
50% is too much,I would very much quit such job unless I am getting other benefits from the job and the job is a pleasant one but still I think I would very much quit such a job. And besides, there would or rather should be be a good reason to the salary slash.

Slashing my salary by 50% will be tantamount to the original agreement reach by my employer, and this will alter alot of plans and goal i might have in working in that organization. If such a development should erupt I met likely weigh my options, if there are alternatives I met consider leaving the job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds