Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

50% is quite a lot of money. I don't think I can continue to work in any organization that slashes my salary by half without any reasonable explanation or motive for that. I would simply resign.
50% is beyond too much of a cut. As I said, 20% would be grounds for me to leave. I don't know what kinds of places do this to people but it sounds horrible. Unless they got a raise and were not up to the new position, I can understand that.

Advertisement Placeholder
Currently, it might not be possible for me to work for low rates because the inflation has been causing destruction in my country. Working for low rates is no longer a viable option for so many folks in here.

It does seem like a lot of people aren't working because they simply can't afford to pay for their rent, food, etc on the wages a lot of companies are providing. This will probably only get worse.

Currently, it might not be possible for me to work for low rates because the inflation has been causing destruction in my country. Working for low rates is no longer a viable option for so many folks in here.
I can't believe we're even debating this. Such a drastic cut in salary in this present economy is an indication that the owner of such a business does not have the best interests on the employees at heart.

Fifty percent decrease in salary is too much and it will be very sad for me. Now l will be needing explaination to the reason why the salary was down to such level and if my boss is able to explain things to my understanding, l will not resign.
The issus salary slash could be as a result of various reasons,it could be that the organisation is not maing lots of profits and need reduce the salary of employees instead of outright retrenchment.

I am working in another organisation to make money and start my own business too , so if my salary has been slashed , that means I will leave the organisation and start my own .

I am working in another organisation to make money and start my own business too , so if my salary has been slashed , that means I will leave the organisation and start my own .
Of course I would resign if there were to be such an astronomical cut in the salary I receive. I don't think any reasonable manager would do that in this present economy.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds