Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

No I won't resign If I were him, does he have another job to fall back too? We all know that the corona virus has crumbled most businesses and the few that are still afloat can't survive except they slash salaries or downsize their work strength, so tell your friend to manage what he has.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends, there might have been some issues that came up and the best option to sort it is to cut employees salaries by some percentages. If I have a good relationship with my boss, I would surely stay and sort out things with him. I'll assume it's a time to face business challenges

If your sallery is slashed 50% than you should ask you boss that what's the reason behind this.if ,the reason is acceptable than you should leave and work more but if the reason is not related to the point than you need to search the new job and must take action against the boss because as you are targeted same like next day another person will face the fact.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
You should take action absolutely, but discus with your boss first and try to clear issue , if it is not possible then you should take strict action against him thats why your salary slashed suddenly.

The work you do is supposed to give you joy and happiness. Any work you do that does not give you joy is not worthy of your time.
What keeps people the most in the job is the quality salary they receive from the company.
Some time without good salary it will be hard to do a particular job.
Exactly, I can very well remember my friend in Netherlands 🇳🇱 who told me that he can't really get into any work that he doesn't have passion for no matter the amount of money they will pay his as salary. He made it very clear that he will be depressed doing the work and it's not good for his life.

Sometimes it’s better to be paid less, than not at all.

According to a study done by human resources consultants Hewitt Associates, 16 percent of large organizations have trimmed base salary during this recession. FedEx, The New York Times, and Hewlett Packard are just a few American companies that have chosen pay cut reductions over layoffs. Even in the lucrative entertainment industry, Jay Leno agreed to a 50 percent pay cut to accommodate budget cuts at The Tonight Show.

Pay cuts aren’t ideal, but many see them as the lesser evil during tough times when organizations are faced with the choice of reducing wages, or letting employees go.

I would resign immediately, without wasting much time. I vividly remember some years ago after I finished my secondary school, I got employed in a mini supermarket, the owner slashed my salary because of some losses he made which I do not know. Of course I resigned. So, since then I have been working very hard to make money online because I can't stand someone treating me like a trash.

Exactly, I can very well remember my friend in Netherlands 🇳🇱 who told me that he can't really get into any work that he doesn't have passion for no matter the amount of money they will pay his as salary. He made it very clear that he will be depressed doing the work and it's not good for his life.
Exactly the kind of work we do should be our passionate work for you to be able to it your all. Anything you do not like whether it is something that involves a lot of money once it is not your passionate thing you will never be productive in it. Sometimes it is not about the money it is about the passion.

For someone's salary to be slashed there must be a reason which I think the organization will also let its employee be aware of. If its a genuine reason. Then I'll also try to work so as to contribute towards help the organization increase its income base so as to be able to increase the salary again

Sometimes these so called employer's take their staff for granted simply because they are the ones paying them money. But when someone have worked as he's supposed to, he's entitled to his full salary with no stories attached to it.
Sometimes these so called employer's take their staff for granted simply because they are the ones paying them money. But when someone have worked as he's supposed to, he's entitled to his full salary with no stories attached to it.
I totally agree with you on this.
often times why most empliters have the gutts to slash thier workers salary is because they know most workers will not take any action but silently resign or continue working for them but if most workers start to action most employers would stop the unduly salary slash

Yes and No, yes I can resign if i have a better job offer elsewhere and no if don't have anywhere else to go, half bread they say is better than none, but most importantly I will have to find out the reason why my salary is slashes into two.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Nobody wants to get their salary slashed by 50% . But still he should file a case against the owner as being an old employee , it will seriously not acceptable by anyone , if the case not gets solved then he should definitely resign from that job.

Nobody wants to get their salary slashed by 50% . But still he should file a case against the owner as being an old employee , it will seriously not acceptable by anyone , if the case not gets solved then he should definitely resign from that job.
Seriously, if I'm the affected person, I would definitely consider filing a law suit against the company big time for breaching our contract and damages. The only challenge the employee may have is not having enough money to see the case through to the end.

As for me I can't in the sense that if it's happen only the first time I cant, even if it happen the second time I can't but ask them that why this happen and they must have good reason to tell me but if it happen the third time I can't but I will never let the 4th time to happen

I will ask for clarification for taking that action against me, because l don't see the reason for being treated that way. If l am given tangible reason, then l will stick around for a while, and seek for another job. But if they don't have a tangible reason for that, then l will sack myself.

I will ask for clarification for taking that action against me, because l don't see the reason for being treated that way. If l am given tangible reason, then l will stick around for a while, and seek for another job. But if they don't have a tangible reason for that, then l will sack myself.
Seriously, if it was a general case for everyone working for the company that they all got 50% cut off from their salaries, it would be understandable. But to target just one person out and do that without any good reason, it definitely demands taking it up to court and seek for justice.

This same issue was with ozil I think with arsenal before he left. Although the pandemic caused a lot of decrease in sale and revenue, no doubt about that but before you take any action like that you av to inform your employee about it and give them option. simple as that.

Anything has to have justification to do so; if I meet with my manager for reasons my pay is down by 50%, something I hear from my boss will decide whether to stay or leave. But what I know is that salaries can't be lowered without first making me conscious.

This same issue was with ozil I think with arsenal before he left. Although the pandemic caused a lot of decrease in sale and revenue, no doubt about that but before you take any action like that you av to inform your employee about it and give them option. simple as that.
Ozil issue with Arsenal is quite lot more complicated than I can ever comprehend. The young man frozen out of the team and it was looking like they wanted to destroy his career as a football player. I'm actually glad he's out of the club now.

I will definitely resign but later.
Because in this modern and hard time we cannot stay home freely we have to work every where but until I didn't get the job another place I will work there after new job I will must complain about thisPeople afraid from complaining because they think they will get in trouble but we should not have fear about this if,the thing is right it must reasonable slashed.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds