Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

How do you feel when your most important staff resign?

Heatman

Service Team
Service Team
Top Performer
Credits
Anyone who's working as a staff in any forum can be suspended, sacked, resign and go into retirement. When you have your staff suspended or sacked, it's your decision and that would have already been planned for but when your most important staff resigns or retires out of the blue, how do you manage that?

How does that have you feeling the moment you get his or her resignation or retirement email?

I haven't had this happen to me, but I think it would be a bittersweet moment. I would be understanding of course, but be a little sad to see them go. I've only had two forums where I've had a co-admin and on the first one he just left without really saying a word. :\

like any business, people come and go. if your board is big enough to have staff members, this means that you have a consistent user base. you will need to replace the individual that has left. you have two choices, either hire directly a new user or promote the person below the person who resigned. either way, a replacement is needed because a job still needs to be done.

I think it depends on the situation and the terms on which the resignation happens. Irrespective of what it is, the show must go on and hence, a worthy candidate shall be given the spot to take things under control and work on improving the place bit by bit.

Well, I do not have any staff at the moment, and when I had staff, they did not resign. When I sold the site, they also stopped working. It would certainly be depressing.

Don't wait for a scare or important resignation to start planning for the 'hit by a bus' principle for all parties, including yourself/the owner.

I am saddened, especially when it was a valuable staff member. Fortunately, most of the Staff that have resigned on me stick around as regular contributors. When a long time regular member starts talking about leaving, I try to find out what's upsetting him. Oftentimes it's something that hasn't been reported to the staff and we are unaware of and we can jump in and take action.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Activity
So far there's no one here

Users who are viewing this thread

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 18 78.3%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest