Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

Well, the issue of the court I don't think is supportive because employer has right to hire and to fire any employee. So in the case of slashing your salary I don't think that should cause a problem it is either you leave the job if you have another thing to do or continue with the job because if you ask the business owner he/she will surely has reason for the slash of the salary. Even during this pandemic many companies really affected in order not to collapse, they are reducing their expenses.

Advertisement Placeholder
I will definitely resign but later.
Because in this modern and hard time we cannot stay home freely we have to work every where but until I didn't get the job another place I will work there after new job I will must complain about thisPeople afraid from complaining because they think they will get in trouble but we should not have fear about this if,the thing is right it must reasonable slashed.
The truth is that now, it's actually hard to look for work depending on the kind of schedule that you have at your current workplace. If you have no free time, no off day and no shift day, how are you supposed find the opportunity to look for another job?

Sure I will because a situation where things are not done in a proper it calls for some kind of due process because the welfare of workers is being stated in the contract and should be respected.

Sure I will because a situation where things are not done in a proper it calls for some kind of due process because the welfare of workers is being stated in the contract and should be respected.
Exactly, it's why I'm very sure that no one would argue the fact that once the staff decides to sue, he will be considered as a wicked staff because the who wickedness started from how the company treated him. Everyone likes to be respected and a staff deserves to be paid his money in full when he has never disobeyed the company's rules and regulations.

I want to believe that there is employment letter before resuming the work. Any other clause not stated in the contract letter should be frowned at. In the case of salary reduction, you need to find out whether it is general thing that affects everybody or not. If it is only you from your search, you will go to the hiring manager and find out your offence and how long the slash will last for; if you are not satisfied with the explanation you can resign.

It depends on how the company is doing before because you can not expect to be working and my salary will be slashed in 50% if maybe the company doesn't do that before I will wait for short period to get back the money but if they did not pay it back I will not accept that.

It depends. If my boss will explain it to me why my salary suddenly slashed in a half, maybe i should consider it(for a meantime) because life today is very hard, we must get paid on what we've worked for. I will work for him until i get another job, and i will not resign without his knowledge and early notice in order for him to get a new replacement employee

When evaluating a job, there are many different factors to consider in addition to salary. There’s the job itself, your level of responsibility, your title, potential for future growth, and so on. There are also compensation perks like vacation time, bonuses and company equity to factor in. One of the big reasons to take a pay cut is if you’re switching industries. It may be worth a cut in pay “to gain a new set of skills

Now resigning on the job would depend on whether the problem was explanined to me or not. If it was explained and the the reason is understandable with a promise to bring back my pat pay later then I would continue working.

It depends if you have other source of income. Maybe the reason why your friend is experience that is because of this pandemic that affected the job that he had. I think 50% cut in your salary is so much.

Forwhere but it depends on the situation if I have other jobs options I may resign but if there is no job option I will have to continue with the job till I get another one. My people do say a bird at hand is far better than thousand in the business. So I will continue with the job until I get another suitable job. It is not easy to get job immediately after resignation that is why it is good to still keep the job till better job will arrive. I know that the situation will not b easy because of half payment of salary.

First of all, if such a thing occurs i would be needing a very valid explanation from my boss. And if he couldn't provide one then he would be leaving me with no choice than to tender my resignation letter. I won't give it a second thought to resign if such a thing happens, because it would sure be very painful to me.

What will happen, if the boss says that he's right to slash your salary because of the pandemic. I am talking about when you are quite sure that you made the company a lot of money during this period? Will you stay or resign?
In this case, I will resign knowing fully well that the effort and the return within the said period doesn't justify the slash in the salary because the slash might be a signal that my value to the company is becoming worthless.
But with my present situation I won't resign reasons being that I am yet to stand my feet 🐾 on alternatives sour e of income and my savings have been used up for housing project. Half my salary can still pay my bills and meet the basic necessities of life only that I won't have good savings. I am presently leaving below 50% of my monthly earnings. So surging with the slash won't have any real effect on me except for weak future ahead

It will depend, if all the representatives and laborers get this kind of circumstance and get sliced half of compensation then I won't leave. However, in the event that lone I deceived, at that point I will ask my reasons and defense, in the event that I don't fulfill by them that I will leave.

If my salary gets slashed by 50% due to the current situation of things Or as a result of company’s down time. There are things to benefit from a job other than the salary or incentives you get. If you have been in a work environment for a long time I think you should consider your personal growth and what value has been added if this is a positive addition, you can stay at such work environment and keep working hard until things get better.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
If my salary was slashed by 50 percent, my reigning or not will depend on a lot of reasons. Was it a temporal slash or a permanent slash? Is it just me or entire staff slash? A lot of indices I'll consider before making a decision

Yes I will resign from work if my salary is slash fifty percent, because salaries are motivation to workers, it is the highest from of motivating workers, if your salary is slash fifty percent you begin to loss interest in your the job, and that will be bad for the organization

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
If it is a general situation, they should inquire the reason from the boss and should still manage it until he gets a better offer. It is easy to get another work when you are inside one but when you are out it isn't easy at all.

i will definitely resign if my salary is slached, unless my manager gave me a very great reason why he is slashing my salary. Otherwise I'm sure going to resign without thinking twice

It is my right to resign If my salary is reduced for some reason So in such a case, everyone has the right to resign So that he can start working again after seeing a good post in another company

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds