Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

Slashing my salary into half for no reason is totally not acceptable I would take it up legally and fight for my rights, but if it clearly seen that the company is experiencing downtime and gives the option of either downsizing or slashing salaries and my salary is slashed I would find a way to cope and find something else to do to add to my income if I can’t handle it anymore, I’ll resign

Advertisement Placeholder
It will be better for me to resign if the business I'm doing the payment is not sufficient to take care of my financial need but if after slashing the price to half and it is still favorable to me then there's no need to re-sign then as I need to concentrate on building up my money.

I will resign if a company or organisation cut my salary to half because they half salary they are giving me will not be sufficient to take care of all my financial need that is why I need to look for another place to make a reasonable amount of money to take care of my need.

I will not resign in my country think things are very very tough even if my salary clash up to 70% I will still accept my faith I will not resign, I will manage it and still keep working.

Slashing my salary into half for no reason is totally not acceptable I would take it up legally and fight for my rights, but if it clearly seen that the company is experiencing downtime and gives the option of either downsizing or slashing salaries and my salary is slashed I would find a way to cope and find something else to do to add to my income if I can’t handle it anymore, I’ll resign
To be very honest, we all have good understanding especially when treated with respect. Like in a situation where it was that the company is a financial crisis, and it was urged to the staff to take pay cut, I'm sure 100% of the employees will buy the idea but taking them for granted is so wrong.

If the reason behind the pay cut is justifiable, I would not resign because I have to be considerate, but if I can't see any genuine reason to cut my salary by 50%,I would have to leave for a better place
If you have a responsible Government and labour organization, you can always make reports as far as you have not flouted any of the job rules or committed a grave offence at work. You can as well organize to meet your boss and explain the injustice. If the job is favorable, you do not have to leave except you have gotten another in a company that has sanity is this .

Salary being slashed by 50% is so sad given the current economy. Now resigning on the job would depend on whether the problem was explanined to me or not. If it was explained and the the reason is understandable with a promise to bring back my pat pay later then I would continue working.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
It is a pity if someone cuts your fifty percent salary by mistake You have done it yourself because you have worked for a month So you will first ask your kisser for her set fashion If you are very good, he will give you a free one If not, you can take legal action again But first of all, you did not make any mistakes in your consolation cases or for any other reason

Just to put things in perspective if the deductions is done arbitrary without any justification whatsoever then there is going to be some storm about it. The deduction must definitely cut across board rather than selected victimization.

This reminds of an incident that happened to me last year June when I was fined in my working place for flouting Corona virus protocol. And that's 25% of my salary. So I may not resign if the course is justified and it is worth it. But if not, I will resign.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
If I did not break anyof the company's rules and regulations and my supposed boss can not explain or state the reasons why my salary was slashed into two then surely I will take legal action against my employer.

50% is very huge, there must be a very good reason for such thing to happen like in the case of the pandemic some firm reduced the salary of their workers due to the financial effect of the lockdown on the business.

Why would I stay in a job that go my salary slashed 50%. Its would not be normal if I stay because I would not have any interest in the job anymore. I would definitely not be happy
[automerge]1611843899[/automerge]
Why would I stay in a job that go my salary slashed 50%. Its would not be normal if I stay because I would not have any interest in the job anymore. I would definitely not be happy

It is possible to fairly sack an employee if they refuse a pay cut,but the imposition of the pay cut must be absolutely essential, possibly involving the future survival of the business and must also be imposed fairly and following a reasonable consultation.

If I did not break anyof the company's rules and regulations and my supposed boss can not explain or state the reasons why my salary was slashed into two then surely I will take legal action against my employer.
Sometimes these so called employer's take their staff for granted simply because they are the ones paying them money. But when someone have worked as he's supposed to, he's entitled to his full salary with no stories attached to it.

It depends because in a situation where the business is

Not doing well unlike before your employer can reduce salary it is better than laying people off but if you have idea you can resign and start your own business provided you are sure of success
[automerge]1611845335[/automerge]
It depends because in a situation where the business is

Not doing well unlike before your employer can reduce salary it is better than laying people off but if you have idea you can resign and start your own business provided you are sure of success

Resinging ones job depends on many factors, it may be due to stability of the company like how it happened during pandemic of covid19, some person's even lost their jobs. So if the company slash your salary to 50%, the question is why and you should know if the salary is to devalue you and to send signals of resignation. And before you re-sign you must have something to fall back on
That's the major thing, if there is nothing to fall back on, you may need to endure the 50% salary till you get a good job or a business that can sustain you

Its expected that many businesses will suffer some loss because of the COVID19 effects on the economy. Before you think of resigning you have to consider your previous earnings, your current earnings if it will just be enough to sustain you and if you can get other available and better paying jobs

not really it depends on if my salary is above my needs salary is pulling my leg again even if it's too much of a person should still be with you about city algolia to decide whether I will manage my current salaries and see if I can get a better job. My opinion.

The work you do is supposed to give you joy and happiness. Any work you do that does not give you joy is not worthy of your time.
What keeps people the most in the job is the quality salary they receive from the company.
Some time without good salary it will be hard to do a particular job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds