Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

50% is such a huge slash. I would resign without blinking an eye. But it is also dependent on the relative ease of getting another job though. How will one survive with a 50% reduction in salary? It will be really tough.

Advertisement Placeholder
I will resign because the standard of living might not commensurate to the present receive amount of salary, definitely, there will differs of issue and bills to pay for, and more so focus on the reduction ithink it is dishearten to experience a 50% cut out of your daily income, know that this will persistent for long period of time. But for this kind of action to take there must a cause that brings in the effect of salary been slash to 50%.
making and enquiry about the recent notification of slash of salary we now make you to make a drastic decision wether to go on with the company or resign.
For every action there must a reason behind it.

Yes if there no suitable Everything must has reason that makes it happen, if something such as that happened to I will meet my boss asked for reason my salary's slash to 50%, anything I hear from my boss will determine whether to still stay or resign. But what I know is that salary can not be slash without make me aware before this.

What will happen, if the boss says that he's right to slash your salary because of the pandemic. I am talking about when you are quite sure that you made the company a lot of money during this period? Will you stay or resign?

If my salary was slashed by 50% right now, I will definitely resign, after all I am tired of the job due to it meagre pay, a pay in which what I can earn on Bizdustry is times two more than, I will run like usain bolt if it happens.
Of course if my salary is slashed by 50% right now and I have another better option to earn more the 50% being paid, I would definitely resign to start up my business or join another business that pays better.

For sure is your salary is less 50 percent I will definitely resign. What's the use of working if only the company will benefit from it. Right? So I will definitely resign without hesitation. We all deserve the right salary so no one has the right to work below the minimum.

If the company is such which has staff union, such a person should direct his complain to the union which I believe he won't be the only victim of such deduction. The deduction might be as a result of the company present reality of not meeting up with the expected profit margin and where instead of sending the staff on home a basis of redundancy opted for the option of slashed (1/2) salary but it is expected that all previous payment prior to the notification must be paid in full.
Where the concerned feels his right have been infringe upon and he has human right law or he has the resource to see out court injunction in his favour, then he can seek legal approach to claim his money/right but if the cost of approaching the court (in term of hiring a lawyer) is much more than what he sets out to claim from the coy, he should just resign peaceful and seek alternative job/income

Yeah, definitely. 50% is an enormous cut from your salary regardless of how good or bad the economy of the companies goes. Most people live from paycheck to paycheck so that would mess their entire plans since they might have rents, credit cards and other stuff like that to pay

With immediate effect. There's no need playing hide and seek games here. I can't just wake up one day to 50% off my salary, I mean such decision should not elude the board members to discuss with their workers before taking effect. So if such happens, it's a clear picture that my services are not longer required.

Yes if there no suitable Everything must has reason that makes it happen, if something such as that happened to I will meet my boss asked for reason my salary's slash to 50%, anything I hear from my boss will determine whether to still stay or resign. But what I know is that salary can not be slash without make me aware before this.
I have seen cases where such things have happened in the past and there aren't good reasons why such bosses feel it's within their right to be wicked to their staff. Maybe they have a hidden agenda against them but it's not fair thing to do in my opinion.

I would resign if I have a better alternative or I have a better business that's fetching me more money to take care of my family
But if I don't have any alternative I will have to continue working and searching for another job
After I have seen another job that's when I will resign
A man should not just quit his job because the salary was slashed, he has to continue working and be looking for another job, when he find another job with a more lucrative salary that's when he can quit his job and take the new found job.

My decision will base on the circumstances behind the salary cut. Take for an instance this period of pandemic, it may be reasonable to have a salary cut instead of retrenchment. But in other circumstances, I would rather resign the job.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Slashing 50% salary is not possible without any reason. Because without notice and awarness this is not possible to cut doen half of salary. But if it is wothout any reason there should be needed to take legal action.

The many reason why many people are committed to what the do is because of their take home, I mean their income every month. If for no reason my salary is not enough is now slashed into two. I think I have no other option than to resign and search for a greener pasture

I will not think twice before I tender a resignation letter. the reason is that I believe that I want more than the salary and earning right now, so for them to slash it by have shows that they no longer want me, as a result I will take my leave. I believe with my experience is I can land another lucrative job within short period of time so I don't need to endure unnecessary hardship.

It depends. Salary being slashed by 50% is so sad given the current economy. Now resigning on the job would depend on whether the problem was explanined to me or not. If it was explained and the the reason is understandable with a promise to bring back my pat pay later then I would continue working.

I can say this is a test of value and worth. If I know my worth of value in the company or business is one of the reasons the business is kept running, I will tender my resignation. I look forward to establishing my own business.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Well it depends on your salary in the first place. If your salary is very huge,then I see no reason why you should resign. Even ,if it's not huge. Please resign only if you have another job or means to provide for your basic needs. It's very difficult to get jobs this days. So stick around until something better comes around.

I don't see why one's salary should be slashed by 50% for no just cause... That is just wickedness.... I will advice that your friend takes legal action if he can otherwise he should just quit the job and look for something better

It depends if my salary is slash is 50 percent we not resign, because I will like to know the reason why if it justified then I will not resign due to the work, it I can accept but if not then I will just look for another job.

It depends on the unique situation. If the organization gives a good and cogent reason why they are reducing salaries then your friend should be reasonable with them it could be as a result of the slug in business caused by the global pandemic which affects everyone across board.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds