Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

The only thing that will make me not resign if I can be provided with a genuine reason for the pay cut. Then I can consider staying for a limited time just to see a better offer. I can also work for little more just to gather some little amount to start a small scale business before I see another offer

Advertisement Placeholder
There will be two possibility either I resign or stay with my company. If my half salary got slash then I will investigate original cause of this happening. If i broke the rules, or did something against the term and conditions then i would not leave my job, plus if all staff got same then i also don't leave. But if I faced this and without any particular reason i will resign then.

Before your salary could be slashed there must be reasons behind it, your boss won't just wake up one day and decided to slashed your salary. I will meet my boss and ask the reason for my slashed salary. If it's something that's justifiable I will continue to endure with it till things get back to normal but if I can't cope with it, I will voluntarily resign.

I know it is impossible to slash 50 percent salary without any reason. I may be possible in that case if business is victim to loss very much and boss decided to take overcome in this situation and he slash half salary of all clients. If he slash only your salary, you give your arguments that can not be heard surely, so you should be give resignation.

My dear direct slash 50 percent in salary is much depressible for the employee without any genuine reason. But before taking any legal action he must consult with his employer to ask why he slash down your salary. May be there would be any reason behind it. First he must discuss the reason with his employer.

I couldn't say that I would just resign because getting a job nowadays are pretty hard. Of course I don't want to be paid less than I deserve but if it is my main source of income then I guess I would stay. It would really depend on the situation and other opportunities.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Yes dear I will look back into my situations and then I will give retirement in few months by saving some money.
Because it is not right to take only 50% salary, I will prefer to choose another job even with low salary but not 50%.

Probably not, If you are able to identify a job that fits your passion, natural skills, and purpose, don't dismiss it just because of the paycheck. Talk about it with your employers and try to reach a middle ground.

It all depends on the basis to which the salary will be slashed to that extent. If the organization I'm working with is going through a tough time that I'm aware of I can decide to stay but if it's as a result of punishment maybe for a mistake made I may decide to quit the organization. Whichever way, I'll still continue to work but open eyes to a better offer. This is like downgrading and it's very difficult to bear because you've planned your spending based on your salary hut now that's it's been slashed to half you will find it difficult to Carter for many financial needs.

It depends on how the former salary was , if after slashing the money to 50% and I do not have enough money to take care of all my financial need then is not worth staying there,another thing that can determine how long I will stay is that if the salary is Slash as punishment but the salary will be put back after few months there is no problem with that.

It depends. If my boss will explain it to me why my salary suddenly slashed in a half, maybe i should consider it(for a meantime) because life today is very hard, we must get paid on what we've worked for. I will work for him until i get another job, and i will not resign without his knowledge and early notice in order for him to get a new replacement employee

I will consider resignation, if my employer didn't give any explanation before taking the decision. I understand that it is not easy to resign when there is no better job waiting for you, but sometimes this is better than allowing yourself to be taken for a fool.

I will pack my things and leave. In this era where things are very expensive and the value of currency is going down, slashing my salary by half is a no-brainer for me it means I'm going to work more and earn less. It's more like modern-day slavery of which I cannot take. I expect to earn more a salary increase is what I need in the salary reduction.

In this modern age if my boss slash down my salary without any explanation and it only affect me why others employees own was not slashed down by 50% first thing that I will do is to walk up to him and ask him what my offense was that my salary was slashed down by 50% and once the explanation is done and I now see reasons why that is done to me, I will not resign immediately I will stick to it for sometimes and also look for another job cause I can't just sit at home doing nothing.

To my own best knowledge, I won't resign if it's is a mutual agreement between us. But on a real not if no agreement in, I will definitely resign immediately because I see no reason why instead of earning bigger am now earning lesser.

If my salary price slashed all of a sudden, I will request an explanation from my employer but if he or she finds it hard to give a genuine reason..then I'll take legal action against him by suing him to court under the context of inhuman treatment of an employees or better still I'll seek legal advice before doing anything.

Yes dear I will look back into my situations and then I will give retirement in few months by saving some money.
Because it is not right to take only 50% salary, I will prefer to choose another job even with low salary but not 50%.
Personally I feel that the cut percentage was too much considering the fact that the man didn't do anything against the company or break any rules and regulations. The boss was just plain wicked and just witch hunting the young man.

I will consider resignation, if my employer didn't give any explanation before taking the decision. I understand that it is not easy to resign when there is no better job waiting for you, but sometimes this is better than allowing yourself to be taken for a fool.
If you think that will give you peace of mind and peace, go for it. It is better to leave a company safely despite your misunderstanding between your boss

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Yes if there no suitable Everything must has reason that makes it happen, if something such as that happened to I will meet my boss asked for reason my salary's slash to 50%, anything I hear from my boss will determine whether to still stay or resign. But what I know is that salary can not be slash without make me aware before this.

I will not resign .First of all I will notice the salaries of other members. If they have same salary I will not resign to my job. Because it is very hard to get a new job . It may be possible that after some time my salary will increase. We remain patient because uper and downs are the part of life.

Yes if there no suitable Everything must has reason that makes it happen, if something such as that happened to I will meet my boss asked for reason my salary's slash to 50%, anything I hear from my boss will determine whether to still stay or resign. But what I know is that salary can not be slash without make me aware before this.
It's ok and I can still understand if the slashing of my salary is temporary. I can still imagine that if only a few cuts off, because on the one hand, it also seems like gratitude for his acceptance of me in their company.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds