Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

If the job comes with letter of appointment and everything is stated on the letter of appointment to defend myself then I will resign and take legal action. But if the employee who is your friend finest have any letter of appointment that means he doesn't have any means to defend his or her self in the court of law

Advertisement Placeholder
There should be legal basis on that matter. If the employer just want to slashed employees salary, that employer's business is in the verge of the cliff. Don't just resign, find another company before resigning to your present work. Its difficult to get work now a days because of the Pandemic.

It is always advisable not to despise your days of little beginning. Well, if my salary is slashed to 50 percent, I may not design if I have not yet secured another job.Resigning when you have not yet secured another job is risky and it could take you a long time to secure s better job. Hold on to that job while you search for another one.

A lot of companies downsized eer since the covid pandemic started. It affected a lot of business productivity /profitability hence the need to cut down on workforce. Some companies though decided to do a cut in salary rather than downsize entirely. This atleast gives employees something to stil look forward to at the end of the month. So, except I have an alternative to fully fall back on, I wont resign

It depends. If my boss will explain it to me why my salary suddenly slashed in a half, maybe i should consider it(for a meantime) because life today is very hard, we must get paid on what we've worked for. I will work for him until i get another job, and i will not resign without his knowledge and early notice in order for him to get a new replacement employee
According to him, they just opened a new branch and he was charged to set it up. After setting up the office which was in another state from their head office, sales wasn't yet coming much and at the month end he got half of his pay. After asking for clarification on why he got paid half with all the work he did setting up a new office, training new staff, getting the store social media pages up and running with over 100 contents, he was told he did work for the month. That's the reason, so he's thorn in between resigning and suing the company.

Yes , I almost quit! Since in view of the situation in my country, the salary has become insignificant, I think it has been reduced by 80% or more. In fact, I show up to the office only twice a month, motivated by the pandemic, but I have already informed them that if the pandemic disappears and the salary is not adjusted, I will stay that way.

Concerning if my salary was slashed by 50% without any justification to the act, the best thing is to leave and hunt for another job because you won't know when any other slashing or compromise will come your way or hit you. But there should be an tangible explanation because the slash percentage is just too much

In our country the workers have a protection from the labor laws. The salary cannot be reduced without valid grounds like the company is losing money or the employee has committed a criminal act to the business. But to reduce the salary without a valid reason then the company can be sued and would suffer a big penalty for that abuse. Employees should be given respect because they are the partners of the business. Without the workers there is no business.

Yeah i will, you take the job with the amount written in your contract and it's not okay to just slash half of it even if it's just %10 i wouldn't like it and i may still quit the job and take it to the management to file complaint. not worth to work for someone that doesn't care about it's employees

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
If I had any other means of employment, I would have quit my job when my salary was low. But if I did, I would be patient. Sometime hard times come in our life but we should be determinant. Life is just name of patience. If we keep trying to make our lives better with hard work and effort, we can easily make our lives better.

I would rather stay even if bad things happen about my salary especially if there is no job waiting for me outside. It is difficult to take a risk.

If the job comes with letter of appointment and everything is stated on the letter of appointment to defend myself then I will resign and take legal action. But if the employee who is your friend finest have any letter of appointment that means he doesn't have any means to defend his or her self in the court of law
You have a very good point. I think I'm going to ask him about his appointment letter. If it's stated clearly he's salary isn't to be tampered with, then it's a good option for him to use and see what comes out of it in court. Unless he doesn't have the money to proceed to court.

It depends. If my boss will explain it to me why my salary suddenly slashed in a half, maybe i should consider it(for a meantime) because life today is very hard, we must get paid on what we've worked for. I will work for him until i get another job, and i will not resign without his knowledge and early notice in order for him to get a new replacement employee.

Wow this is really a nice question to engage on, well to be very sincere with what you have just asked I might not resign depending on the salary I am paid, if I'm paid $1000 in a month and my salary is Slash to $500 in a month then obviously I may not resign but if I'm paid 30 dollars in a month and my salary is Slash to $15 in a month then obviously that is a good reason to look for another job, I think to give accurate answer it depends on how much they are paying me.

It depends on persons needs if he have not other job and pressure of thier family then we work with patient and go to the boss to know reason .if he have enough to manage then definitely resign.
This is my view.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
I'm sorry to say that this happens in rare cases when they have some clear reason to do so. They are not mad to slash salary without any reason. If employee himself is the reason then how can he ho for justice. But in case , if a company do so without any reason, one should resign there quietly.

If my salary is slashed by 50% without any reason and without telling me, I will look for another job and leave it as soon as I find another.Because it does not meet the requirements of justice that I work and my salary be reduced without any reason.Yes, if everyone's salary is reduced then I will not resign. And I will see why it was reduced

If a person works in an office and he does his work wholeheartedly,And then his boss deducts 50% from his salary without telling him,Then he will surely get angry and he will prefer to quit his job.If his boss offers this explanation, he will not quit his job again, and will continue his work wholeheartedly.

I'm sorry to say that this happens in rare cases when they have some clear reason to do so. They are not mad to slash salary without any reason. If employee himself is the reason then how can he ho for justice. But in case , if a company do so without any reason, one should resign there quietly.
Indeed it wasn't a good thing to happen to someone who put in much effort in growing a company by doing his possible best, but only to be treated like he never mattered with slashing his pay to 50%. No one will be ever he happy about this, personally I won't.

If I have any other business or I am sure of securing one after my resignation. I'll surely resign the pay cut wasn't for any reason. But if not, I'll plan for getting another one while I am still there.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds