Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

The circumstances surrounding why my salary was slashed will determine if I will resign from the job or not. If the slashed was justifiable, I will stay but if it is not, I will resign from the job.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends. If my boss will explain it to me why my salary suddenly slashed in a half, maybe i should consider it(for a meantime) because life today is very hard, we must get paid on what we've worked for. I will work for him until i get another job, and i will not resign without his knowledge and early notice in order for him to get a new replacement employee
I agree with you. If you resign immediately, you will no longer earn any income. It's better to be slashed fifty percent than having no salary at all.

If my salary is slash into 50% I can't resign because I wouldn't know the reason if is
Justified I will not resign but if is not justified I would resign due to the work one is doing with the salary they earn .
[automerge]1611330694[/automerge]
If my salary is slash into 50% I can't resign because I wouldn't know the reason if is
Justified I will not resign but if is not justified I would resign due to the work one is doing with the salary they earn .
This all depends on the individual and whether he or she will have another job when he retire or leave the job if he or she does not have another job to do he might remain there.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
I will definitely resign if my salary is slashed by 50% because I am this kind of person that values is salary a lot as I know that I could be any higher than that if I have my own personal business to be managing.

No need to spend much from the little you have left on legal charges over an employer who obviously has more edge with influence or money, if it were me I would just leave

It depends on whether I get a new job that is high paying than the old one. If I fail to get any new , I am happy to work in any company with even 50% salary till I get new job provided there are no other problems.

It depends on whether I get a new job that is high paying than the old one. If I fail to get any new , I am happy to work in any company with even 50% salary till I get new job provided there are no other problems.
Well said, you can't just give up a job just because the pay was reduced when you have not even seen another one that pays better. It would be wise to find a better paying one first before changing jobs.

Well said, you can't just give up a job just because the pay was reduced when you have not even seen another one that pays better. It would be wise to find a better paying one first before changing jobs.
Yeah , exactly. Sometimes people use the saying "known devil is better than unknown god" , so with old job , we at least are sure the job is known to us and we get paid 50% at least. But the new job may sound great but we get to know the reality once we starting working in that new job. But it's good though to always keep trying for new jobs based on our skill sets and others advices.

Iost definitely would get angry and pieced off if this thing happens, but if I have no alternative at that moment, I can simply not just quit like that, but hat won't be a smart move for me to make

I do not know of anyone who would still work if his or her salary was slashed by 50 percent. This is because if the salary was slashed but the work load remains the same, then I am quite sure that no one would work.

For me to resign if my salary is slash into two, I will need to know the reasons why my salary was slashed before I know the next step of actions that I will take.

Resigning will be in view, but then I'll need to make sure I secure another job in a place like this my country. Because leaving that job home will make life unbearable to you.

Whatever should has actually factor that creates it occur, if one thing like that occurred to I will certainly satisfy my manager requested factor my salary's reduce to 50%, everything I speak with my manager will certainly identify whether to still remain or even surrender. However exactly just what I understand is actually that income can't be actually reduce without create me conscious prior to.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
If the reason for the slash is not justifiable, I will resign as fast as possible. Taking legal action will only make you spend more.
Just resign and get a better job.

Depends on how much my salary is and on how long I started with them but if it doesn't pay me I would resign and get something else to do.

If it is a justified reason I won't resign and this reason must also include my awareness,if I am not aware that my money will be slashed then I will resign

I would ask my boss why this is so .If he gives a reasonable explanation,I might not resign immediately but I will keep working while looking for another job that is better,when I get one, I'll resign

Concerning slashing my salary 50% out, I'll sure resign but not immediately maybe after securing another job immediately. The truth behind my resignation is that the other 50% slashed out was in a budget and now the budget is thwarted. So I need to secure a new job ASAP.

During the pandemic, the company I worked with slashed all worker's salary by a whooping 50% due to the pandemic attack. It didn't make me resign because the action was justified!

It epends on how much the salary is and the reason for the slash. If I am underpaid and for no good reason my salary is being slashed then that would be unfair. If am working full time I should be paid in fuk. So I would consider resigning. unless there was a good reason for the slash and it will be fixed back to the real amount

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds