Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

It's not a bad suggestion. By you know fifty percent is half the salary right?. I don't think 50% will be enough to get anything done so remaining it the job is like over working yourself for just a penny because the work load won't reduce obviously.
Yes i am aware of that, and I completely understand. Especially in our current economy 50% would take you no where. But you would agree with me that getting 50% is better than getting Notting. We are in a society that it has become extremely hard to secure a job. So I think it would be wise to secure a better paying one before you let go of what you already have or you grow your personal business to a particular level that it can sustain you before you give up that job.

Advertisement Placeholder
Yes i am aware of that, and I completely understand. Especially in our current economy 50% would take you no where. But you would agree with me that getting 50% is better than getting Notting. We are in a society that it has become extremely hard to secure a job. So I think it would be wise to secure a better paying one before you let go of what you already have or you grow your personal business to a particular level that it can sustain you before you give up that job.
Yeah you are right, i agree with you.

Last edited:
If my salary is 50% slashed, be it a general or personal issue, I will resign because it will hinder a lot of things. My rent, feeding, transportation etc will be slashed as well and it won't favour me so I'll leave the job for a better one.

If my salary was slashed 50% without any due process or jurisdiction, i would resign. It is obvious that such a company or organization does not have the interest of its workers at heart.
Your friend should take legal action against his employer if he is able to or just resign.
Over here in my country Nigeria, going up against someone who is more rich than you are in the court of law is a useless waste of time because they will influence the case with their money.

Well it depends on how it is does and what promt the slashing of money well for me,if the company are going through some financial trauma that the condition needs slashing if salary for some months,if my concept is seek first then I won't resign

Well I think it depends on why the salary was slashed in the first place and if it happens that am at fault then i will quietly endure but if I am punished unjustly then I might resign

It all depends on the explanation the boss give and the reason for the occurance,if it for a mean time I might not resign but not I w I'll work till I see another job.

If my salary is 50% slashed, be it a general or personal issue, I will resign because it will hinder a lot of things. My rent, feeding, transportation etc will be slashed as well and it won't favour me so I'll leave the job for a better one.
If my salary is slashed by 50%, it must be due to a strong reason. If not, I would quit the job. A company would not just slash a worker's salary without giving reasons for it.

How did your friend decide in the end?
I would definitely resign if my salary was cut that much, without question. Although it might be wise to secure another source of income before taking that step. I understand how difficult taking legal action can be and it is also something that goes on for a long time and costs a lot of money. Is something like a class-action lawsuit possible where you live? I assume this affects more than one employees.

For me I will find out why my salary is slash into 50% so to know the reason why it was like that, that shouldn't make a person to resign from the work.

If my salary was slashed by 50% right now, I will definitely resign, after all I am tired of the job due to it meagre pay, a pay in which what I can earn on Bizdustry is times two more than, I will run like usain bolt if it happens.

I would most definitely resign. Unless the situation is being explained to me and I sort of understands. But I would be ready to receive a new job offer once there's an opportunity

If my salary is slached to 50 percentage I would not resign.i will try to know the causes of salary slached. If the slaching depends on present situation of the country,I will endeavour to manage it, with time it will be corrected.

I'll ask questions and know the reason for the slash if it's favorable for me I continue but if it's not I think I'll have no choice but resign.

Without a single notification and no justification to take that action, I'll definitely sue the company for slashing my salary. 50% is a lot to take out of one's salary.

If I'm important to the company any action that impacts me should be formally communicated to me. Without that I have no business with them as it means I'm not valued.

I know how terrible it was for people in this COVID-19 era, companies went on redundancy, cutting members off, and slashing salaries as well, making hardship to become common. To me, it depends in what the situation is in the company, if the company is on floating loss or suffering from bankruptcy, and the board of directors communicated us well and plead with workers about the loss of funds to operate the company, definitely I'll understand and move on with the salary that is slashed to 50%, hoping it gets better soon.

I am working hard to make ends meet and the salary i am earning is not worth the stress of work i am doing , so i will definitely find a better job elsewhere if my salary is slashed into two,

Yes. I would not be able to survive if that was the case. Right now, I make 90% of the income for my wife and I.

If I were to lose even 20%, I would resign. I would have to find somewhere else to work.

Yes. I would not be able to survive if that was the case. Right now, I make 90% of the income for my wife and I.

If I were to lose even 20%, I would resign. I would have to find somewhere else to work.
50% is quite a lot of money. I don't think I can continue to work in any organization that slashes my salary by half without any reasonable explanation or motive for that. I would simply resign.

slashing the workers salary by 50% is actually not a welcome development. If I face such a situation and the company does not have a tangible reason or compensation in view, I will resign.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds