Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

50% is too much to let go. This is too much to bear and I cannot continue with the job. I believe I have the right to know of any deductions before they were made so as not to catch me unaware.

Advertisement Placeholder
If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
In my opinion, the only way I'm resigning is if I have gotten a better job apart from that I'm not resigning.
I would rather meet my boss for clarification as to why my salary was slashed by 50% , and if he doesn't give me a good reason I still wouldn't resign cause to get another job isn't an easy task

Company do this in order to chase off their employee indirectly. I think what they are saying is they don't actually need the service of your friend again and as much they want to chase him off with salary cut

The one they are giving me is not even enough it is just a take home. I will never hesitate to tender resignation if they are going to slashing by 20% not to talk or 50%.

The pandemic has changed a lot of things. People and businesses have had to cut down on costs. In the UK, the term "furlough" became popular.
But still, provisions have to be made for compensation later. Slashing the salary isn't the main thing - what comes next is the main issue. Your friend's boss should be explicit about his plans
[automerge]1628871427[/automerge]
The pandemic has changed a lot of things. People and businesses have had to cut down on costs. In the UK, the term "furlough" became popular.
But still, provisions have to be made for compensation later. Slashing the salary isn't the main thing - what comes next is the main issue. Your friend's boss should be explicit about his plans

If my salary is slashed reasonably, then I will accept in good fate but I will not take lightly if it was done out of wickedness. It's not easy to work fervently for 30days and at the end not get paid. I might take a legal action against such boss because he can't give me a reasonable explanation.

One thing I learnt during the pandemic outbreak is that you can still survive for some months without salary. I'd rather look for other option than to endure hardship.

If my salary is being slashed by 50% then I think that there must be something that is wrong for it to be slashed by that much. I am definitely going to demand explanation and if I do not get one then I will consider leaving the company.

If my tasks are reduced, I can consider staying back in the business or company. But if the work quoter remains the same, I will have to leave.
What if your salary was slashed because of your underperformance in the company or when the business no longer generates profits that could takes care of your salary.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
I don't think is possible for your employer to just slash your salary by 50% is in two ways is either the company is going through some difficult time or on your own part you are not doing what is expected of you, but if non of this quite the job

For me immediately my salary is being slashed by 50% and the notify me about it, I'll start searching for another job immediately, because they are indirectly telling me that I'm not good enough.
You should not have to wait a company makes a not so good decision about you before considering another option, one should always have a plan B.

You should not have to wait a company makes a not so good decision about you before considering another option, one should always have a plan B.
You will need a lot of time and arrangement to get another job, if a company you are Working for is not giving you a time to arrange it out you will not be able to have plan b.

You will need a lot of time and arrangement to get another job, if a company you are Working for is not giving you a time to arrange it out you will not be able to have plan b.
That is why time management is important, no matter how busy you are you can always squeeze out five minutes to develop another plan which would turn out to be substantial in the future.

That is why time management is important, no matter how busy you are you can always squeeze out five minutes to develop another plan which would turn out to be substantial in the future.
Well five minutes may not even be enough for you to make anything reasonable, infact it is almost impossible for you to have free time when working from morning till evening.

Well five minutes may not even be enough for you to make anything reasonable, infact it is almost impossible for you to have free time when working from morning till evening.
Let me give you a practical example, we just finished our accounting year where I work and it requires a lot of time, dedication, I had to sleep at work for a few days but whenever I wake and before I go to bed I took out ten minutes to be here and by the end of the week I had two incomes. Same is applicable everywhere.

If I am more passionate about the job I will not resign , but if I am not passionate about the job then I might choose to resign from the job I think , incase my salary is slashed

Let me give you a practical example, we just finished our accounting year where I work and it requires a lot of time, dedication, I had to sleep at work for a few days but whenever I wake and before I go to bed I took out ten minutes to be here and by the end of the week I had two incomes. Same is applicable everywhere.
Anywhere you have arrange your time properly to make sure that you still meet up in the Online system ,but ten minute here will not give you enough time to make 20 or more comments.

Anywhere you have arrange your time properly to make sure that you still meet up in the Online system ,but ten minute here will not give you enough time to make 20 or more comments.
Yeah, I know... That is why I don't really chase high target for my weekly withdrawal I know that I might be having some free time soon but at least I'm sure of about$3-5 weekly which is something compared to when I didn't squeeze out time.

I will not resign immediately i will first why my salary is slashed by 50% so that i can know if my boss explained it to me and I'm comfortable with it then i will continue to work but if I'm not then i will design.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds