Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

It depends on several factors such as, is everyone getting the same salary reduction or am I currently being victimized? Do I get an explanation for the salary reduction? Is the said explanation reasonable? Is the current salary scheme profitable for me? If after asking these questions you do not feel convinced to remain in the job I would strongly advice you to switch jobs

Advertisement Placeholder
The salary I am earning is not enough for me I will never think twice to resign if it happens that the salary is slashed by 50% because it will remains nothing for me. It does not make sense to work for nothing.

This is really bad ,if in a situation that this happened to me I'll definitely resigned from such organisation because they are not helping me. imagine to a point of slashing my salary to 50%. It is not funny anymore.

With a justifiable background like the pandemic or maybe as a disciplinary measure, I might accept. But if it is duly without any good reason, then it is unacceptable.

I would not take any legal action against any company, I believe in karma but I would resign if a company was to slash my money 50% because that shows that the company has little thought for workers.

The problem is not the deduction, the problem is the fact that there was neither a justification nor a prior meeting or notice to enable you reach agreements. Let him demand the reasons for such actions, if he is okay by the terms given he can continue the job and if he is not let him report the issue to the labour agency which will come into the matter because your company have breached an agreement.

Last edited:
If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Did you said without any justification? I won't think twice, I will definitely resign and explore other opportunities. It clearly shows how insensitive the management is to the workers.

Did you said without any justification? I won't think twice, I will definitely resign and explore other opportunities. It clearly shows how insensitive the management is to the workers.
It's a very common thing that happens in private sector when the sole owner can wake up to decide whatever he or she like and execute it without any care..

No way I am not going to continue working in the company if my salary over by 50%. I am going to tender 30 days resignation notice. I am going to look for another job that will pay the appropriate amount as salary.

If my salary is slashed by 50% right now, I'll resign. Things are already hard and the salary isn't enough to meet all ones needs talkless of it being slashed.

Whoa that a lot, it's depend sha I feel very pained and down for a start, if I have another alternative job or means of income that is constant and reliable I wil stay but if I don't have I'll stay and find a replacement immediately

If my salary is slashed by 50% right now, I'll resign. Things are already hard and the salary isn't enough to meet all ones needs talkless of it being slashed.
I completely understand, the economy right now is extremely hard and the price of goods and services keeps increasing. What if you have not gotten a new job, would you still resign? Or would you wait till you find a better paying job before you resign.

Exactly, currently salary is not even enough and the salary is slashed by 50%, so what's left? The annoying part is when it is done with out prior notice and justification.

The sad reality is that alot of people will still not resign or leave the job due to obvious reason of lack of jobs or high rate of employment. It is better than not do it anything.

I am going to leave the workplace because the 100 percent salary I earn is not enough for some of my expenses. the moment they made it known to us that the managements are going to cut our salary by 50%. I am going to drop my resignation letter without have a second taught.

That will be really bad because it will be one of the most unfair situation for an employee that his or her salary has been slashed by 50%, personally I wouldn't even hesitate to resign from such business organisation because that is a clear indication that they are not really interested in my service.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
If my salary was slashed 50% without any due process or jurisdiction, i would resign. It is obvious that such a company or organization does not have the interest of its workers at heart.
Your friend should take legal action against his employer if he is able to or just resign.

I completely understand, the economy right now is extremely hard and the price of goods and services keeps increasing. What if you have not gotten a new job, would you still resign? Or would you wait till you find a better paying job before you resign.
I'll wait till I find a better paying job before i resign. If i don't find a better paying job, i'll still resign and become self employed.
[automerge]1635246683[/automerge]
Exactly, currently salary is not even enough and the salary is slashed by 50%, so what's left? The annoying part is when it is done with out prior notice and justification.

The sad reality is that alot of people will still not resign or leave the job due to obvious reason of lack of jobs or high rate of employment. It is better than not do it anything.
That's true, in really alot of people wont resign. Like the saying goes "half a bread is better than none". They would rather stick with the job and get something at the end of the month than sit at home and gain nothing.

I'll wait till I find a better paying job before i resign. If i don't find a better paying job, i'll still resign and become self employed.
[automerge]1635246683[/automerge]
Okay, I would advice you find a better job first before you thinking of giving up the previous one, and if you do not find one, then make sure you grow your personal business to the point that you can live of it before you decide to give up your job. This is to have something to fall back to if results are slow, and not to be stranded. What do you think about this?

Depend if my salary is slash 50% I don't think I can resign from the job, but if what I get from other of my business is much better, then I can resign from it.

Okay, I would advice you find a better job first before you thinking of giving up the previous one, and if you do not find one, then make sure you grow your personal business to the point that you can live of it before you decide to give up your job. This is to have something to fall back to if results are slow, and not to be stranded. What do you think about this?
It's not a bad suggestion. By you know fifty percent is half the salary right?. I don't think 50% will be enough to get anything done so remaining it the job is like over working yourself for just a penny because the work load won't reduce obviously.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds