Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

It really depends on variaty reasons.First and foremost on how much I did earn.For example if my salary was slashed 50 per cent and I could still live with that then there is nopoint to resign.Also if the company had a financiall problem then of course I will be willing to help

Advertisement Placeholder
If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
I think you should advice him to resign immediately. It's not a good thing to slash salary 50 percent without due process. It's already a sign that you are not welcome in that company. It might be that he has not also met the expectations of his boss.

I think you should advice him to resign immediately. It's not a good thing to slash salary 50 percent without due process. It's already a sign that you are not welcome in that company. It might be that he has not also met the expectations of his boss.

Seriously, it's something that is very understandable because it's very obvious that the company no longer wants him around and as such trying to frustrate his life.

I won't really accept such especially when there is no sign that the company is passing through difficulty . I will resign from the company and look for a better one

Seeing my salary halved won't make me resign as long as the reasons for that is clear, and I believe that covid19 will only be the reason for the salary slashed down.

Would i resign if my salary were slashed by 50%? That will only happen if I have alternative on ground. Otherwise, I'll have to stay put there

I won't really accept such especially when there is no sign that the company is passing through difficulty . I will resign from the company and look for a better one

Seriously, it's something that does not seem right at all because there wasn't any kind of update on such going to happen and all of a sudden, it's done 50% slash.

I will definitely not work for any company that slash my salary by 50% because that will be extremely small compared to the amount of work and services compared to The services i will rendered to them .I'll just resign and let it go for peace to rent at once.

I will definitely not work for any company that slash my salary by 50% because that will be extremely small compared to the amount of work and services compared to The services i will rendered to them .I'll just resign and let it go for peace to rent at once.
Before a company will slash your salary by 50%, there must be a solid reason for doing so. If the 50% cannot takes care of my monthly basic needs, I will definitely resign.

Before a company will slash your salary by 50%, there must be a solid reason for doing so. If the 50% cannot takes care of my monthly basic needs, I will definitely resign.
Ok but what of a situation in which they are slashing the salary based on the fact that they are not able to pay the original amount ,so in this case do you think I should continue working for them ?

I wouldn't resign because some money is better than no money coming in .. but I would be looking around for another job which paid better. To have your money slashed by half would cause a problem for most people.

If my tasks are reduced, I can consider staying back in the business or company. But if the work quoter remains the same, I will have to leave.

I think the proper thing that the employer should do is to discuss with the workers, the workers too know when the business is distress. So it will be best to get them onboard the idea of salary slash with a return to normal emoluments when things improves.

50%. That is a lot of cut. If my salary is cut by 50 percent. I will try to reach out to the management of the company and ask why my salary is having 50 percent cut. If it is something not reasonable, I will leave the company. And if there is any offense in law, I will sue them

Well, it depends on the reasons given for this wicked act. And leaving the job immediately will not be fail-safe to the crisis unless there is another offer lurking around the corner. With the current unemployment rate, one will have to relax

Slashing 50% of someone's salary in this economy is very bad and an abuse of the person's right. For the company not to have informed him means there's breakdown of law and order in that country.

Resign is not the best way because the day your boss tells you that your salary is being reduced is not your best one. Taking a pay cut is nobody's idea of career advancement. If your company is in trouble, though, they may be slashing pay across the board, and the decision isn’t personal it’s business,unless you’ve been in the company’s financial loop, your Financial demotion might take you by surprise. It’s a good idea to tell your boss you’d like time to absorb the information and then you’d like to discuss it.

I would resign but I wouldn't take any legal action. That's why it's advisable for employees to have something they can fall back to incase if anything happens, they won't be stranded

I would resign but I wouldn't take any legal action. That's why it's advisable for employees to have something they can fall back to incase if anything happens, they won't be stranded
Exactly, it's always good to have a backup plan in any business or investment, anything can happen at any time having a backup plan would save you from being stranded

For me immediately my salary is being slashed by 50% and the notify me about it, I'll start searching for another job immediately, because they are indirectly telling me that I'm not good enough.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds