Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

Everything must has reason that makes it happen, if something such as that happened to I will meet my boss asked for reason my salary's slash to 50%, anything I hear from my boss will determine whether to still stay or resign. But what I know is that salary can not be slash without make me aware before.
This is what I am just also going to do because I know there is no way that my salary will be slashed by 50% arbitrarily by my boss unless there is a big issue and the issues does not affect me alone.

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends,but resigning is not the best option but rather continuing with the 50% hoping one-day they will increase your level of interest

If the paycut affects the salaries of all employees, then, I don't see any reason why i should resign because there must have been something going on with the company, however, if it were some kind of victimization, I won't take it lying down.

I do not have a full time job. However, I have been doing part time jobs on and off since a long time. When the employer tries to cut my salary even by 1 percent, I refuse to work

I think this is just borderline injustice. It's makes no sense for an employer to slash an employee salary by 50% without a reasonable reason that is even a breach of the contract signed.

Slashing my salary by almost 50% means that they do not valued me and that is enough reason why I will never consider working for such business organisation again, this is so rude and I can never reduce myself to that point

It is not about me resigning if my salary was slashed by fifty percent. The main question I will be asking myself will be , if i resign because my salary was slashed by this amount, will I have another option to fall back on? If no, then I'll stay put

I think the only person who already earns a huge amount of money and gets really overpaid for his or her job would work even after he or she gets her salary slashed 50 percent. Apart from that I really do not think that any person who gets underpaid would work after getting his or her salary deducted by 50 percent.

If that's happen with me I wouldn't dismiss directly but in parallel I would seek for another job and when I will find a suitable one I will resign .

I don't think I would do that with the way things are going in the world, the price of goods are going high and money is gradually loosing it's value,I'd rather keep the job till I get something better to do

Everything has reason why it is done that way. If i know the reason why my salary is slash by 50% and the reason is justified if I'm at fault then i will not not resign i will continue with the work but if the reason is not justified i will asked why my salary is slash by 50% if there is no reason for that then i will resign because i see no reason why that will be done.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Though he has every right as an employee and as a human to take action, it is wrong for the company to do that without and previous notice or even a legit reason as to why it was done suddenly. But it all depends on the country. If he is in a country where their law system is advanced and dependable then he should go ahead but if its in a country like mine, it would just be a total waste of resources on his part. It would be best if look for a better job and let go

For me it depends on the reason for the slash. If it is not a good reason for me I will resign and also it depends on how much am been paid. If the money can be okey for me I will keep on working. But I wonder what will be the cause of slash someone's salary by 50%

I think this is just borderline injustice. It's makes no sense for an employer to slash an employee salary by 50% without a reasonable reason that is even a breach of the contract signed.
One employer that I know whose business was on the edge did a retrenchment - terminating employees and paying them a separation pay. Slashing the salary is a no-no in business, he said to me. Perhaps I can agree to his point that it is better to close shop than to abuse the employees.

One employer that I know whose business was on the edge did a retrenchment - terminating employees and paying them a separation pay. Slashing the salary is a no-no in business, he said to me. Perhaps I can agree to his point that it is better to close shop than to abuse the employees.
Most people resign from the organisation if their salary is slashed into 50% however if you don't have where to go and the environment is still condition for working you must still remain in the organisation working as the case may be.

One employer that I know whose business was on the edge did a retrenchment - terminating employees and paying them separation pay. Slashing the salary is a no-no in business, he said to me. Perhaps I can agree with his point that it is better to close shop than to abuse the employees.
Sadly not everyone understands this rule. Some employers are just borderline cruel. I know instances of people who had to work for terrible bosses, sad stuff.

At times employees might prefer their salaries to be slashed than sacking them and leaving them to their fate in the labour markets, where a lot of people still struggles to get a job.

At times employees might prefer their salaries to be slashed than sacking them and leaving them to their fate in the labour markets, where a lot of people still struggles to get a job.
One simple resign if their salary is/50% but however if the environment how the working environment is conducive the person can still be working.

If they are doing this because of the mistake I did and they will return it back , there is nothing wrong with it but deliberate slash of salary to 50% without any reason is no for me.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds