Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
If your friend deserves to work then he can work in another company Without them, no one can reduce salary by 50%.If your friend is eligible to work then he can earn money by joining another company.

Advertisement Placeholder
If my salary were slashed by 50 percent and I already have a backup plan for such eventuality, I will resign. But if no such back your plan, I will have no choice but they put

If your friend deserves to work then he can work in another company Without them, no one can reduce salary by 50%.If your friend is eligible to work then he can earn money by joining another company.
Seriously, no reasonable staff or even human being can keep working in such situations because it doesn't worth it at all.

I would definitely ask questions and try to know why it was done so aggressively. I would then compare other existing roles outside and if they do not square then am quitting.

I would definitely ask questions and try to know why it was done so aggressively. I would then compare other existing roles outside and if they do not square then am quitting.
Seriously, I'm definitely not going to keep my tails in between my legs and fold my hands should such a thing happen to me. If the explanation I get isn't good enough, I'm going to walk.

If it was against the law, then he has every right to sue. If he signed a contract as well, for a certain amount, then he should be covered. If there was no contract, then I don't know if he has any legal right. I suggest finding a lawyer to help figure it out.

Personally if my salary was slashed by that much at a job, I'd most likely quit. Especially if my hours stayed the same. No way will I work for less than what I was originally paid for. So I better have less responsibilities if so. Other than that, I would likely consider suing. As long as I had a contract for the pay I wanted, I should be good. Otherwise, I would quit.

If my salary were slashed by 50 percent and I already have a backup plan for such eventuality, I will resign. But if no such back your plan, I will have no choice but they put
What happens in the situation where they kept cutting your salary without any good reason? It would definitely get to the point where you won't get any pay at all at the end of the month.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Firstly , I will like to say there's no job out there, and there are many people out there looking for job but to no avail. So if my salary was slashed in half and i dont have any alternatives, I will continue

Before making such decision to resign, you must have another means of earning money. Although 50% is too much, I won't resign immediately. I'll kindly find another job before resigning

Before making such decision to resign, you must have another means of earning money. Although 50% is too much, I won't resign immediately. I'll kindly find another job before resigning
This is a good possibility for most people, in fact I'm definitely going to consider it as well, once I get something paying more, I'm definitely going to quit the job.

This is a very hard decision to make is really when you have no other job at hand. But as a worker if you have an option I think the best option is to leave because slashing your salary by 50% is a big damage to your financial strength.

If my salary was slashed by 50% for just one month then I may not consider resignation. But if it is forever or there is no hope in sight for an increase I will definitely resign and start a business.

If my salary was slash 50% I will find out to know the reason why my salary was like that, then if the explanation was OK then I can continue with the job.

I would like to personally investigate if there was something that led to that decision I would also evaluate the situation to what is obtainable outside .

Am sure the company will give reasons as to why the salary has been slashed by 50%. However, I'll still manage the job while I look for another job.

It Depends on the reason xD; if it's a reason that it deserves, then it's okay; I won't resign and continue working there, and at the same time, I will look for something new to do to recuperate the loss.

It is easy to resign if you have backup plan, if you do not have backup plan it is a very risky thing to do. Before you resign, you need to weigh your options carefully and also know the reasons why your salary was slashed by 50% to avoid future occurrence when you change job.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds