Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

I will always say it all depends on the initial amount and what it has been reduced to and why. When I get this facts and think very well about it, then I can now decide if I wil stay of quit the job immediately

Advertisement Placeholder
I will rather quit such job and look for another one because what's the essence of working without life satisfied what you are doing that you can't even have a tangible savings or rather become someone better through it and people will be looking at you as someone that is working inwhich it can't even feed your family alone
[automerge]1613050727[/automerge]
I will rather quit such job and look for another one because what's the essence of working without life satisfied what you are doing that you can't even have a tangible savings or rather become someone better through it and people will be looking at you as someone that is working inwhich it can't even feed your family alone

If your salary is been slash to 50%,you can continue with the job but you have to look for another alternative,that look for a small scale business and start building it.

I will definitely resign and Sue the organization. That's cheating because right now if my salary is slashed of that amount I will have nothing else to myself. So resignation and moving on will be the only choice I can take in such situation. And I believe everyone too will do same

It depends. In the event that my manager will disclose it to me why my compensation abruptly sliced in a half, perhaps I ought to consider it(for an interim) since life today is hard, we should get paid on what we've worked for. I will work for him until I land another position, and I won't leave without his insight and early notification with the end goal for him to get another substitution worker.

Everything must has reason that gets it going, if something, for example, that happened to I will meet my supervisor requested explanation my compensation's slice to half, anything I get with my manager will decide if to in any case remain or leave. Yet, what I can be sure of is that compensation can not be cut without make me mindful previously.

If my salary was slashed by 50%, I wouldn't resign immediately because so many factors would make a company slash salaries, if the cause of slash in salary was because of recession then I'll stay because thing might get better and if it's because of my poor effort then I'll improve my work effort.

This actually depends on various factors, like why was the salary slashed?, What is the nature of the company as at that time?. If my cost of going to the job like transport cost, cost of feeding and housing expenditures wouldn't be affected, then I might consider working but if not I wouldn't.

Salary that has been coming for years and you have been planning and using it becomes slash suddenly is very bad, if the reason for the slash is OK, I will not leave, if it will be slash for sometimes and replace some other times, I will not resign but if it is slash with no good reason, I will resign immediately.
There are certain condition that will make me resign. How easily well I get another Job?. Is there a reason for the slashing and does it make no sense? And how long will it last? If I'm told why it was slashed and how long it's going to be, and it's reasonable to me, then I will buy resign

Slashed salary can be very painful and disheartening. But for salary to be slashed,the employer must have a good reason for that. A slashed salary will not make me resign for work because the saying goes 'half bread is better than none'. It is better to have a work with slashed salary than having no work at all.

I will do nothing thsn uudt to resign if it doesn't have specific reason. How will salary which one is hoping to increase just decrease with no specific reason. I will resign, let's be honest with our selves. And its an unfair decision slashing employees salary.

Reducing my salary by 50% is completely unacceptable. I will tender my resignation the following day. For persons in Nigeria where the inflations is almost hyper I would note Ben have a second thought before quitting.

Well It depends on a lot of things, for me to remain at the same job some explanation must have been made with future changes to the payment structure

Slashing my salary by 50% wow that is a huge blow, well if I have worked for the company for over 5 years I may decide not to resign because i understand the policy of the company. but if I just started work with the company I don't think I can stay because 50% off my salary rate it's very huge.though i will only leave when I have gotten another job.

I will definitely return if my salary is Slash by 50% because that means the company I am working for do not value my services

I believe every employee has a minimum amount he can accept , so if the slash was too much such that it can be able to help me afford my bills , I will surely resign from it because there is no need working .

If we take legal action on the agreement then i would sue him to court for doing something ,because that's so bad ,how would he do that and still slatch the salary

Most of the time it is impossible to have such a huge margin of difference in salary without a sound explanation. But on the event that it does am definately evaluating my position in the company and as well check if the new price is fair and if I don't get good results am definately quitting.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
This depends on the loyalty of your friend to his boss. If he feels the slash is understandable and will be reversed later in the future, he or she may still stay with the company.

My decision here will be solely dependent on the kind of company I'm working with. If the company makes such a decision with clear reasonable explanation, I can understand that.

I am a self-respecting individual. I really do not think I would work if my salary would get slashed by upto 50 percent. I used to work for an organization and they used to deduct salaries. I rarely got my salary deducted but I left. It was not because they used to deduct salary rather it was because they used to overburden me with work.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds