Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

Wondering how an employees salary can be 50% down rather than firing him for any reason ? again they are not telling reason to demotion. I will say employee should stay strong and resign but he must tell all colleagues about this injustice.

Advertisement Placeholder
If the job comes with letter of appointment and everything is stated on the letter of appointment to defend myself then I will resign and take legal action. But if the employee who is your friend finest have any letter of appointment that means he doesn't have any means to defend his or her self in the court of law
I think if you have job and your cut sallery half it important to do sallery need at that time you get a new job and if you get a new job of good sallery than you left job and do work in a new place.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Fifty percent decrease in the salary of a person is too much, who would even try that? It's a very cruel way of handling employees. If any boss tries that with me, I will instantly quit the employment and look for a better one because that is a very bad thing. Fruity percent is way too much.

If my salary was slashed by a whopping 50% I would resign. The percentage slashed is a lot because why work a job that can not pay your bills or handle your logistics to work. I would quickly start making applications to other companies or if I have saved up enough start a business.

I would resign if no concrete reason for the 50% Slash I salary was given to me. If it was done for a genuine reason with explanations making me to understand why then I think I would continue to work with them hoping it never happens again

The only way I can even manage to accept that depends on the position am holding in the company, if am neither a senior staff or a director then I won't, but if I am probably a senior staff or a director then there should be concrete reasons before I can accept that but if not then I will just have to look for another job and quit. The only way I can stay behind if there is a fall in market and the shares of the company have rapidly drop .

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Resigning on my job is subject to many factors. If the company I work for is up and doing prior to the salary slash,i won't contemplate resigning most especially if it has a genuine reason to cut pay.

It depends on the situation of the company, because I dont think there should Bea reason while a company should slash her employees salary's without reason, so if its a tangible reason I stay and if its just deliberately that means they wanted me to go and I will proceed to search for another opportunity.

It will depend, if all the representatives and laborers get this kind of circumstance and get sliced half of compensation then I won't leave. However, in the event that lone I deceived, at that point I will ask my reasons and defense, in the event that I don't fulfill by them that I will leave.
It might be understandable with this COVID 19 effects on most businesses around the world. Many were asked to work remotely while some were asked to just sit at home without doing anything and still get paid out of the generosity of some business owners. In the scenario sited, the reason for sit home order was tied to the health of the staff and the possible effect of Covid on such staff should he come in contact with the virus. Such staff can accept half salary without complain

Resigning on my job is subject to many factors. If the company I work for is up and doing prior to the salary slash,i won't contemplate resigning most especially if it has a genuine reason to cut pay.
I'm of the same opinion if there were any valid reasons for the slashing of the salary to 50% but in this case, there wasn't according to the information that reached. So, in this case if you don't do anything, it becomes a norm and it's definitely going to keep happening from time to time.

If my salary is slash into 50% I will not resign but I will like to know the reason. Although it will shoke me, but I can never resign. My boss may want to use the 50% goods to his company and I believe that he will pay me back the rest of my salary .

I wont resign, i will stay in the company and take legal actions, life outside is hard, for themnto slash salary to that amount, there must be a reason. And until i sort the issue. We will work together, its better than loosing my job.

I think I get the question which is what I will do. If my salary is slash into two. First of all I will wait to get another job. No matter hope small it is the money still serve you and family so therefore I won't leave the job till I find another job with prayer.

concerning the question on Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%, it depends on the kind of situation, if everyone in my work place's salary was slashed 50% because of the company is in a bad situation, there is no reason to resign except if only my salary is slashed just for nothing, then I will resign

During the pandemic, my boss called me and explained to me that the business wasn't making enough and so was cutting 35% of my salary. I was disappointed but that was unforseen. If an employer decided to cut your friends salary that way then its only right re approaches him for an explanation and if he does not give then he should take legal action

It is never a good idea to quit your job if you don't have an alternative to your job or earnings yet, you can be on the look for a new and better job while you are still doing your old job.

I wont resign, i will stay in the company and take legal actions, life outside is hard, for themnto slash salary to that amount, there must be a reason. And until i sort the issue. We will work together, its better than loosing my job.
If it's possible to take a legal action against the company, drag them to court and still remain under their staff payroll, then it's definitely something nice but I don't think that's going to be possible because you sue them and still come to work and expect to be paid as their staff.

I am more likely to resign than not. But the first thing I would do is to find out why my salary was slashed by 50%. If there is no cogent reason for the reduction then I would resign and leave for good.

If my salary is slashed by 50% without any justification, there's no problem with the company and everything is going well with the company, I will firstly question the employer about it, and if I didn't get a better answer, I will surely take a legal action against it.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds