Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

Businesses doesn't move like before since The aftermath of this pandemic most business have closed down while so workers were laid off, others their salary were deducted. Your friend should be happy he still has his job, assuming he was laid off, he won't be seeking for advice.

Advertisement Placeholder
If your salary has been slashed by 50%, that's really huge percentage. First of all find out the reason behind it, if the remaining 50 percent can take care of your needs, then there would be problem for you. Look for other jobs opportunities and find your way out if you are not comfortable with their decision.

Suddenly a company cannot reduce salary by 50%. Before joining a company you must have a contract with the owner so if that company does anything outside of that contract you must take legal action against them.

In summary, it is possible to fairly sack an employee if they refuse a pay cut, but the imposition of the pay cut must be absolutely essential, possibly involving the future survival of the business and must also be imposed fairly and following a reasonable consultation

Resigning or not resigning one's job after 50% salary reduction will only depend on availability of better alternatives. If there's an alternative, then I'll resigning. But if otherwise, I'll only restrategise my spending priority to survive the tide. Such a situation needs a careful decision.

Create Money Forum, Crypto Forum, Investment Forum, Internet Marketing Forum ... If my salary has just been reduced by 50%, I will definitely resign, I am finally tired ...

It depends on the monthly salary that person is earning. For example, someone who is earning 150k and they now slash is salary down by 50 percent, he or she will still be earning 75k. He or she should be able to manage it instead of living.

Resigning or not resigning one's job after 50% salary reduction will only depend on availability of better alternatives. If there's an alternative, then I'll resigning. But if otherwise, I'll only restrategise my spending priority to survive the tide. Such a situation needs a careful decision.

Without any justification? Without any notice, without any thing, my salary just slash into two, the first thing to do is to Meet up with the department in charge of salary and ask for the reason for that, if no reasonable point, the next thing is to move on and look for another job
What I believe is that slashing of a salary in to 50% can not happen without awareness of a employee because employer would have been made it clear to you that the your salary will reduce due to the reason of this or that. Maybe because of falling down of economy or other reason so if you can wait you will continue the work but if you can not you can resign.

It depends on the circumstances behind the slashing of the salary. If it was as a result of my recklessness at work I won't resign but in the event of any other thing I might consider resignation because I can't sit back and accept my salary beimg smashed.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Even a slash by 20-40% would make me resign without any second thought. what is the purpose of serving someone and being used as a slave only for such a person to think it worthwhile to slash my salary? That person just be a bad person. I can't fontinue working under him

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
This cannot happen in the first place in countries that have strong labour laws that protect their citizens. You will be so surprised that in Nigeria you will resign then go to court and lose the case. I advise instead of wasting the money for paying lawyers he should gather the little he has and start up a business.

If an organization wants to reduce the salary of their staff they will have to carry everyone along of the reasons behind such major policy. Of that is not done, any worker that is not comfortable with it can resign, of which the company is expected to pay the person off. As for taking legal action against the company, I don't think it's necessary.

I shall certainly leave that job immediate if my boss ever does that to me. Why would I work for someone who breaches the agreement? I strongly believe that this is obviously a wrong thing. If a person would ever want to do that, then he or she should have informed his employee at the start of the job and ask him or her if he or she is okay with that. I really do not think that anyone should do this to their employee ever.

This cannot happen in the first place in countries that have strong labour laws that protect their citizens. You will be so surprised that in Nigeria you will resign then go to court and lose the case. I advise instead of wasting the money for paying lawyers he should gather the little he has and start up a business.
Seriously, anything is possible in Nigeria with the crooks that runs the show who are only after money and not serving justice to those who deserve it. Nigeria is such a mess of a country where the rule of law is useless and the weak are trampled on daily basis.

50% is really a big figure to cut a staffs pay irrespective of how much he earns. Another thing could be if it is temporarily done or oarmanent for him. If oarmanent the I think that most people will actually quit and go somewhere else.

If my salary was slashed by 50% I will resign but if I get lots of bonus and allowances I may still hold on to the job but it's so hard because budget are placed most on the salary one earn

Everything must has reason that makes it happen, if something such as that happened to I will meet my boss asked for reason my salary's slash to 50%, anything I hear from my boss will determine whether to still stay or resign. But what I know is that salary can not be slash without make me aware before.

I think depending on the circumstances. If you have other places to go to after you resign, or if you can sustain living expenses on half your normal wage (although I highly doubt this unless your friend is working on a senior level?). But you definitely need to know and think about your next actions , better to find other jobs as well.

ooh good point that is.In summary, it is possible to fairly sack an employee if they refuse a pay cut, but the imposition of the pay cut must be absolutely essential, possibly involving the future survival of the business and must also be imposed fairly and following a reasonable consultation............

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds