Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Would you resign if your salary was slashed 50%?

Advertisement Placeholder
It depends. If my boss will explain it to me why my salary suddenly slashed in a half, maybe i should consider it(for a meantime) because life today is very hard, we must get paid on what we've worked for. I will work for him until i get another job, and i will not resign without his knowledge and early notice in order for him to get a new replacement employee

It will depend, if all the employees and workers get this type of situation and get slashed 50% of salary then I will not resign. But if only I victimized then I will ask my reasons and justification, if i do not satisfy by them that I will resign.
So he should figure out reasons.

Everything must has reason that makes it happen, if something such as that happened to I will meet my boss asked for reason my salary's slash to 50%, anything I hear from my boss will determine whether to still stay or resign. But what I know is that salary can not be slash without make me aware before.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
Is it legal for an employer to cut your pay or your hours? In many cases, the answer is yes. The amount you make and the hours you work aren't guaranteed.

If you aren't protected by an employment contract or bargaining agreement, your employer can reduce your salary and your work schedule at any time, with some limitations.

If your salary was slashed 50% without any due process or justification, would you resign and take legal action against your employer?

A friend of mine is currently in this situation and he needs advice on what to do.
It depends. If salary is slashed by 50% and I have a better business idea I can venture into that will pay off with time, I could resign and give that business a shot. There is no need wasting away in a job that could no longer cater for your needs

If my salary was slashed by 50% right now, I will definitely resign, after all I am tired of the job due to it meagre pay, a pay in which what I can earn on Bizdustry is times two more than, I will run like usain bolt if it happens.

Salary being slashed by 50% is so sad given the current economy. Now resigning on the job would depend on whether the problem was explanined to me or not. If it was explained and the the reason is understandable with a promise to bring back my pat pay later then I would continue working. But it is not clear why it is happenning and no one wants to explain, then I will resign and apply for legal action to be taken.

It depends on if you already have a Job you are eyeing or if you know the condition of the company at the moment. A company might not be in good standing for that moment that's why your salary was slashed. But my advice is that you don't leave your job until you are sure of getting another one as soon as you leave.

Without any justification? Without any notice, without any thing, my salary just slash into two, the first thing to do is to Meet up with the department in charge of salary and ask for the reason for that, if no reasonable point, the next thing is to move on and look for another job

Most of the time, employees don’t see a pay cut in the same light as their employers. Thoughts usually circle back to, “This isn’t fair” and, “Is this even legal”.

In a recession, or any time a company is struggling to survive, a pay cut might be a valid strategy to keep the business afloat. Loyal employees may be sympathetic and willing to hang on through the hard time, that is of course if upper management is also taking a pay cut. If the reason is to line the pockets of upper management, though, employees won’t take kindly to the company hardship

If you say there is no justification probably means the company profit has dropped, in that case I will go to the management and find out the reason, then I'll start looking for another job. But I won't resign outright because in my country jobs are very hard to get. Unemployment rate is quite hard.

It depends on the reason behind that problem, he should start looking for a new job.

Nawaooo, hmm well it all depends on the company and the salary I receive cause you can expect me who is earning 20k to continue the work after been slashed by 50percent without proper notification and reasonable reasons for such.

If the company told your friend what are the reasons why they cut his/her salary by half, and the reason is reasonable or valid, especially this days that we are experiencing a global pandemic, then it should be OK. But if they just cut his/her salary without any valid reasons then there is injustice in that.

It depends on the context of the slash and your current financial standing. If you have enough cash to hold on while the company try to sort out the problem then you can stay. If the slash was for a reason that does not seem justifiable to you, then I will suggest a resignation. All in all, having a paycut is not the best place to be in.

If the explanation is good and promises a return to normalcy, I'll stay but if not I'll definitely quit and look for better jobs or better still start a business of my own where I'll have control over my icome

In my country that will not be a difficult decision to make because how much am I collecting as salary in the first place, if my salary is slashed by half, I would resign the job without even thinking about it.

Well truth be told nobody would want their salary to be slashed by 50% without no concrete reasons giving, the only way I can even manage to accept that depends on the position am holding in the company, if am neither a senior staff or a director then I won't, but if I am probably a senior staff or a director then there should be concrete reasons before I can accept that but if not then I will just have to look for another job and quit. The only way I can stay behind if there is a fall in market and the shares of the company have rapidly drop then I might stay if it's something we can build back but if it's not related to that and they just decided to slash my salary then I guess my work at the company is over, better to move on.

If my salary is slash into 50% I can't resign because I wouldn't know the reason if is
Justified I will not resign but if is not justified I would resign due to the work one is doing with the salary they earn .
[automerge]1611330694[/automerge]
If my salary is slash into 50% I can't resign because I wouldn't know the reason if is
Justified I will not resign but if is not justified I would resign due to the work one is doing with the salary they earn .

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

New Threads

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds