Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

Most definitely, it is important to effectively manage and part of that is to treat employees good and when they impress it is equally important to praise them
I agree employees are an important part of any business, I think it is only right for them to be treated well and respectfully.

Advertisement Placeholder
I agree employees are an important part of any business, I think it is only right for them to be treated well and respectfully.
As I always say, customers and employees are the engine of every business so you can't treat your customers right and neglect the employees

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
I think it all boils down to the mindset of the manager,thinking that the employees is paid to do his or her job.But what they don't understand is that such ' path on the back' in the form of appriciation will motivate them to do more,it shows the value you place in the staff in completing task on schedule.

When managers act in this way, it is simply because they believe they are untouchable due to their rank within the company, they lose their humanity towards the workers. I have known many who behave in a despotic manner. They are nothing without a staff to manage.

Most times when you form it a habit of praising certain persons for every good work they did, they might turn it to an habit of always expecting it and when you dont it becomes a crime. I think most bosses do not allow this because they want to try and build up an environment whereby no one would feel less favoured

Although for almost every time your boss will always try to be right but i don't think a good manager will not be able to praise the employees if they’ve done a good job since it will but be good for all of them

Well, some managers believe that there's no need to appreciate their employees since they are being paid. They just see it to be normal - it's not part of their nature to appreciate; no matter amount of things you do for them.
You know! The way we are brought up is different. Some people do not have this good sense of humor(inconsiderate).

Most times when you form it a habit of praising certain persons for every good work they did, they might turn it to an habit of always expecting it and when you dont it becomes a crime. I think most bosses do not allow this because they want to try and build up an environment whereby no one would feel less favoured
I believe that not all good work should be praised, only outstanding work. An efficient employee will always do a good job, but expect to receive praise from the manager or superior for those that stand out from the norm.

It is very important for managers and business owners to praise employees that work of very hard for the company but I think why most don't is because of superiority complex.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
Well he might be right because you are paid for it, but those word are not supposed to come out of a manager who have people working under him. Or else they wont look at the money but frustrate him.

I believe that not all good work should be praised, only outstanding work. An efficient employee will always do a good job, but expect to receive praise from the manager or superior for those that stand out from the norm.
Exactly, i onced worked for someone who hardly praises someone, you might put in your best but she would never give a comment or even just one word. At one point in time, i got upset about it and felt really bad. It was then she made a statement that the reasons she hardly praise people is the fact that she does not want pride to kick in. And when she finally praise you, that means you have done an extremely good job

Exactly, i onced worked for someone who hardly praises someone, you might put in your best but she would never give a comment or even just one word. At one point in time, i got upset about it and felt really bad. It was then she made a statement that the reasons she hardly praise people is the fact that she does not want pride to kick in. And when she finally praise you, that means you have done an extremely good job
You see such cases, when a manager praises an employee and the employee thinks he is superior. But not everyone should be vetoed by the actions of one, the manager should know how to handle such a situation and continue to encourage employees for the performance of their duties.

It does not remove anything from the manager of an organization if he praises the woke done by an employee at all. Most times it's jealousy that makes some not to do it.

Most managers believe that it is the responsibility of the employee to perform those taskss and as a result of this they do not need to give any appreciation, they just believe that paying them is enough to settle all the things.

The truth is there are some kind of people that once you hail them alittle bit they get carried aware and start to change will in other situations some staff might feel aggreved maybe at the fact that what ever he or she was hailled or recognized about was something the all worked on together

Your manager is so rude to a point that he has to say it openly, this is not the best way because at least a manager should be flexible sometimes and to also have a sense of appreciation when an employee he has done a well job.

Maybe because they don’t want to thank someone for doing their job. Employee recognition programs are not designed to reward and acknowledge employees for performing the bare minimum of their work duties and they don't want recognition lead to entitlement.

Yes it is very rare to find a manager who say thanks to employees or even show his joy to them cause may be is his thinking he will keep his superiority on them .

It all depends on how positively or negatively-charged the manager is.
Its too bad, really... praising someone for a job well done will only encourage them to keep performing better and better for the company. Never hurts to compliment someone, esp an employee.

Saying thank you doesn't take anything away from you. Even though one might be paid for the job, the effort should be appreciated. If it easy, then the manager would have filled in the post as well. Well, I think why they find it hard to compliment one for a good job is so that the compliment doesn't get into your head.
This is among many other factors are what differentiats a good manager from the others.The compliment and value you place on your employees will alays show in the way you treats them.And this is the way to go.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds