Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

The ego of am the manager do get into their head and that's made them not to feel the importance of the junior employees and even say thank you for a job welldone. You know we human love an appreciation and that can make us to perform more.

Advertisement Placeholder
It is important for the employee to at least acknowledge a good work done. But then it is also necessary for him to keep the praise at a level. This is to ensure that the employees.

Praises workers isSometimes bring laziness to workers because most workers believe that without their activities on a project, that project won't be accomplished. So it might cause changing in payment arrangements that their payment should increase because they are the backbone of the project and this happened be workers as been praised.

Well in my opinion I feel they think when they praise you, you will relax and stop putting too much effort in your work. So I fell that is the reason but then, it is kind of bad not to at least say well done. Thanking your employee's makes them feel like they are really trying .

So many reasons could be associated with your boss character not praising your little achievements, but I think the main reason employer pull up suck attitude is to keep there workers in check and not lossing concentration which could be most time very discouraging

Sometimes HR goes to a lot of work to give managers the tools they need to recognize employees, only to have managers completely ignore them. Managers end up not recognizing employees and employees do not benefit from the employee recognition program that HR took so long to set up
[automerge]1613244950[/automerge]
Sometimes HR goes to a lot of work to give managers the tools they need to recognize employees, only to have managers completely ignore them. Managers end up not recognizing employees and employees do not benefit from the employee recognition program that HR took so long to set up

I think that what bosses have who do not praise their employees for their good work is lack of management. Because a good manager recognizes privately or publicly with recognitions such as diplomas, medals, written letters or just words, the good work that any employee can perform in his functions.

The business owner is also an employee of the business and he deserves to pay himself, although there is a debate if he should pay himself first or last but I prefer that he pays himself last because he needs his employees to work with him than they need him to be their boss.

I don't see the side effect of saying thank you to an employee. Even if at times you just choose not to, a manager should appreciate the effort and work done by his employees. Thanking them motivates them to do more next time.

I do not think that it is really that hard for someone to praise his employee on the event that he does a job well, it just goes down to the type of manager the person is and that is not a good managing quality. Praising of employees boosts their confidence and crates a good working environment.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
I guess some manger have this pride issue for them to appreciate a good work done by their workers us like a problem to them,but ad for me I don't wait for someone to come and appreciate my job since am okay with it no problem then.

You are both at fault. Expecting thank you for your duty is somehow wierd. Do you say thank you to your employer after getting paid? Saying thank you is optional and not compulsory.

I think because them don't want their employees to the level that them are, that is why you see manager don't even praise their employees that is the reason.

There is nothing wrong for a manager to appreciate and compensate the effort of an outstanding employees. In fact, it is very wrong not appreciate or recognize such a gesture.

Employers do get excited with their customers some times but find it difficult to praise their employees for their job well done. Some of the reasons may to maintain discline in the place of work.

Your ability to praise an employee is not just about whether it is right or wrong but to the type of manager. There is nothing wrong with praising someone for a job well done, it would not remove anything from you instead it would boost employee confidence.

The managers find it hard to praise employees for job welcome because they want to maintain the impression that their best is not enough. They simply want them to do more.

Concerning why it is hard for managers to praise employees for a job well done. Well, I think it has to do with the behavioral personality of such person even before he became a manager, it is how you behave that will still show or exhibit itself even when you get to high levels

I think I've made a contribution to this stop it before but let me still drop this. some managers believe that if they praise our employees then they may demand a higher pay. I think it is always good to commend people for doing there work excellently and uniquely.

Some feel you are perfectly paid and you should do the motivation yourself instead of them motivating you , that is why they don't say a thank you and others to motivate their workers

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds