Welcome to Admin Junkies, Guest — join our community!

Register or log in to explore all our content and services for free on Admin Junkies.

Why Is It Hard For Managers To Praise Employees For a Job Well Done?

This is a hood suggestion but it is not every employees have the power or knowledge to report his manager to the labour union especially when it involves a low level staff in a company.
Then all the employees that do not have a degree should try and get one because that is what will give you an authority not to be treated badly by any manager,

Advertisement Placeholder
Then all the employees that do not have a degree should try and get one because that is what will give you an authority not to be treated badly by any manager,
Having a degree doesn't mean that you will not be treated badly by a manager as there are people with degree yet they are low level worker because of lack of jobs, they settle for what is available.

Saying thank you doesn't remove a single thing from you. Despite the fact that one may be paid for the work, the work ought to be valued. On the off chance that it simple, the administrator would have filled in the post also. All things considered, I think why they think that it is difficult to commend one for a great job is so the commendation doesn't get into your head.

I think it's natural for a manager to be a little strict about his business and not to talk to them angrily. This makes it happen. I think by doing this the employer will focus on the work and will work well. The purpose is just to get your attention.
It is hard for managers to praise employee when they get their job well done because most times some employee will not start developing eagles feeling they are the only one that can execute that particular job.

It is very important to know what good for each of the people working under you because people are different. Some people will start misbehaving when you praise them for the job well done that's why I say manager usually withold praises.

That is true. Most managers don't don't prase workers for work well done. Instead of that they will continue to say that they have not done it well and also threatening to deduct there salaries for small issue

Giving a praise in a moderate time can be a source of motivation for some workers who value the hard work they are putting into the company performance. you must do it in such a way that it doesn't attract envy from others.

“I’m not going to thank someone for doing their Job”. The usual saying of my manager rings in my head. This is the norm after every successful project. My team member and I don’t expect him to change anytime soon. I keep asking myself, Why is it hard for him to just acknowledge that in words? If as the team lead I thanked my team members for pulling a great Job.

why is it hard for managers to praise employees?
I think most managers are shying away from praising their workers because they think that when they praised their work as it can get into the head of most of this workers and then they will start using their job as a bargaining chip to get unnecessary favours from the employers.

It is very important as it helps people to understand that their hardwork is appreciated . statistics has shown that appreciating workers go a long way in bringing out the best in them.

Having a degree doesn't mean that you will not be treated badly by a manager as there are people with degree yet they are low level worker because of lack of jobs, they settle for what is available.
In this case they should think of starting up a business based on the skills they were doing in the tertiary institution ,because this will help them to avoid being abuse by bad manager.

In this case they should think of starting up a business based on the skills they were doing in the tertiary institution ,because this will help them to avoid being abuse by bad manager.
Starting a skill that they learn in school will require a lot of capital to start which most young graduate cannot afford. To be able to do that, they will need to work for a business to raise capital.

I think it's natural for a manager to be a little strict about his business and not to talk to them angrily. This makes it happen. I think by doing this the employer will focus on the work and will work well. The purpose is just to get your attention.
It is very hard for owners of business to praise employee is because most times some employees allow the ago get into their head and the feel pumps

I think this is because of the fact that some employee will take it for granted or let the praise get into their head and start misbehaving and moreover managers feels like they employee are getting paid for their job

Well to some extent your boss is right. The reason why you being paid is to deliver. Morality isn’t compulsory in business. Another reason is maybe your boss doesn’t want you guys to get complacent. Complacency will reduce your eagerness to do more
I definitely agree with the position of his boss as it actually align with my own positions in the business place as I do not believe that a business should have too much morality in IT code of conduct as too much of it can really hot a business very bad.

Most managers are not flexible to the point of appreciating most of their employee because they just consider that it is their responsibility to perform most of those activities.

Starting a skill that they learn in school will require a lot of capital to start which most young graduate cannot afford. To be able to do that, they will need to work for a business to raise capital.
That should not be as an excuse because it is even more important for you to learn the skill first, because after coming back from school you may not likely to go back to learn it again and you may even regret it.

That should not be as an excuse because it is even more important for you to learn the skill first, because after coming back from school you may not likely to go back to learn it again and you may even regret it.
The best way for a graduate is to learn a skill before he start his degree education but most people doesn't waste time at home to enter the university which would have given them enough time to learn a skill.

Well to some extent your boss is right. The reason why you being paid is to deliver. Morality isn’t compulsory in business. Another reason is maybe your boss doesn’t want you guys to get complacent. Complacency will reduce your eagerness to do more
It is difficult for most business managers or owners to praise employees when they do a great job because most of these managers do not want to pass across all message that the employees are very important to the business and making the employees to feel relaxed in the business I'm not giving his or her all to the business.

The best way for a graduate is to learn a skill before he start his degree education but most people doesn't waste time at home to enter the university which would have given them enough time to learn a skill.
That is what a lot of people are doing and that's what I'm also doing ,it is not necessarily the best thing for you to graduate before learning the type of scale you are interested on.

Some managers orthe owner of the company lack sense of humour, just thank you won't take or remove anything from you. They don't know how to appreciate a good deed at work.
Saying thank you doesn't remove a single thing from you. Despite the fact that one may be paid for the work, the work ought to be valued. On the off chance that it simple, the administrator would have filled in the post also. All things considered, I think why they think that it is difficult to commend one for a great job is so the commendation doesn't get into your head.

Register

Register on Admin Junkies completely free.

Register now

If you have an account, please log in

Would You Rather #9

• Start a forum in a popular but highly competitive niche

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Initiate a forum within a limited-known niche with zero competition

Votes: 24 72.7%
Win this space by entering the Website of The Month Contest

Theme editor

Theme customizations

Graphic Backgrounds

Granite Backgrounds